IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Lived through it… Was a big deal in Erie in, what, 2003? I'll be watching this show soon as well.

I'd be really interested in what you have to say about this Erik - what the show got wrong and right.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got the 2nd series of Westworld on my skyplus but it's going to have to wait till i've finished watching Ghost Adventures. Love that show.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• Administrator
10 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I'd be really interested in what you have to say about this Erik - what the show got wrong and right.

I don’t know. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The Expanse is such a great show, it kills me it got cancelled. Hopefully someone picks it up and provides it a decent budget. If not, at least we know the book series will be finished. 

Spoilers All

Spoiler

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

One more episode to go for The Terror. Scurvy is awful. Jeez.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone checked out The Staircase on Netflix yet?   My wife and I have been watching two episodes a shot for the last couple days.  

I can’t decide whether or not this guy is guilty.  

Corey

15 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Has anyone checked out The Staircase on Netflix yet?   My wife and I have been watching two episodes a shot for the last couple days.  

I can’t decide whether or not this guy is guilty.  

It's a fantastic series. I bought the DVD when it was released. He is clearly guilty.

SPOILER ALERT

The wounds Kathleen suffered were so violent - could you really have 35 lacerations like that from falling down the stairs? And his manner during his phone call was totally the opposite that you'd expect from someone with his personality and background.

The blow-poke was a red herring from the start, and I never saw that as the murder weapon. The fact that the police hid their knowledge of it is proof of their dishonesty and desire to frame someone who is not necessarily innocent, not something which excuses him. 

What about the German episode? Coincidences do happen, but really? Like that? TWO women dying after falling down stairs with blood everywhere? Come on!

I think the daughters were just pathologically dutiful and brainwashed to a point because the thought and fear of losing their adoptive father AND  stepmother as well as their mother outweighed everything else in their lives and I saw them as excessively needy and I think he played on their vulnerability and took advantage of them emotionally.

I think David Rudolph is extremely bright and competent, but he had an interest in winning the case that extended beyond proving Peterson's innocence. I think he was seduced by the production of the documentary and had to see the narrative out. I think he became very aware of how good he looked and sounded.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• 3 weeks later...

Netflix releases so many standup specials, it's impossible to keep up but Nanette, was different than most and I didn't expect to be affected so deeply.

Steve

Yeah yeah, Tom Cruise, Mission Impossible Fallout.

But the original TV series was so good. Original theme the best. Good writing, teamwork, great cast.

Steve

I'm starting to like Westworld less and less. I'll watch season 3 when it comes out, but it's kind of lame. I compared season 2 to a bad M. Night Shyamalan movie, like they wrote contrived plots and bad character decisions just to work a twist at the end. It was kind of cool in season 1, but they really should have gone a different direction to drive the plot in season 2.

My wife and I enjoyed The Good Place. Can't wait for season 3. Just finished the 2nd season of GLOW, too. Great show.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yeah, same here with WW. There were a couple of great individual episodes, but on the whole, disappointing, especially when sci-fi and westerns are right up my alley. 

I watched the second season of The Good Place a second time, so funny. 

Only got in the first episode of Glow. Too much tv. 

Steve

I've been putting off watching season two of WW.  I struggled so badly to get through season one it's put me off of this one.  For those of you whom have seen it, does Thandie Newton still spend a lot of time naked?

Corey

• 4 weeks later...

I finished Succession, couldn't help but binge it and now I'm paying for it, wouldn't say I really liked the show, it was ok, but had to see how it would end, it's just full of terrible awful people. Watching it is almost akin to rubbernecking.

Steve

I watched The Americans religiously since the first season.  I have strange interest in Cold War era history so that only added to the fact that it was a wonderfully done show.  I'll feel empty inside once March rolls around and there isn't another season premiering...but I can rest easy knowing they finished the story before the show went to shit.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

• Administrator
8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I finished Succession, couldn't help but binge it and now I'm paying for it, wouldn't say I really liked the show, it was ok, but had to see how it would end, it's just full of terrible awful people. Watching it is almost akin to rubbernecking.

I didn't binge it - I watched it each week. I liked it, but didn't love it at all.

8 hours ago, Foot Wedge said:

I watched The Americans religiously since the first season.  I have strange interest in Cold War era history so that only added to the fact that it was a wonderfully done show.  I'll feel empty inside once March rolls around and there isn't another season premiering...but I can rest easy knowing they finished the story before the show went to shit.

Ditto. I have the most recent season saved for watching here soon.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Ditto. I have the most recent season saved for watching here soon.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

• Administrator

I recorded it because I honestly forgot what it was about, but saw it was Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman.

I'm glad I did.

Making It is hilarious, fun, happy, and uplifting. There's not a single bit of negativity, and the show makes you happier. It makes you feel good. It makes you feel like you want to go out and create something.

It's great. I'm glad I accidentally recorded it. If you can, record it now and watch the first two episodes.