IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Looking forward to the Black Mirror Christmas special, bleak version, yes that's Jon Hamm from Mad Men:

Tried this based on your recommendation. Had to sit through the entire gross 1st episode cuz I thought I needed it as foundation for the rest of the series. Not so, they are all stand-alone like The Twilight Zone. Didn't watch the 2nd cuz it looked horrible but watched the third and it was interesting (recorded memories). I'll stay with it but will pick and choose based on the summary.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevets88

Looking forward to the Black Mirror Christmas special, bleak version, yes that's Jon Hamm from Mad Men:

Tried this based on your recommendation. Had to sit through the entire gross 1st episode cuz I thought I needed it as foundation for the rest of the series. Not so, they are all stand-alone like The Twilight Zone. Didn't watch the 2nd cuz it looked horrible but watched the third and it was interesting (recorded memories). I'll stay with it but will pick and choose based on the summary.

Yeah, it's bleak, but it's thought provoking. The episode you're about to watch is a popular favorite and I think the rights have been bought to make a movie out of it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yeah, it's bleak, but it's thought provoking. The episode you're about to watch is a popular favorite and I think the rights have been bought to make a movie out of it.

The 4th? Ok, haven't read the synopsis on it yet. Golf and football tonight but I'll try to get to it this weekend.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Quote:

The 4th? Ok, haven't read the synopsis on it yet. Golf and football tonight but I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Whoops, my bad - misread that. The one you watched is the popular favorite, the third one. The recording implants. The second episode kind of drags, but pulls a big punch at the end.

The second season does not have a gross episode like the first have sex with a pig episode - it's more political/philosophical. 2.1 deals with how getting your spouse back from the dead can be a mixed blessing - it's haunting. 2.2 deals with mob mentality, does the punishment fit the crime. 2.3 is politics/media/big brother themes.

I really enjoyed the first episode of the first season. I know the pig part is gross, but the part leading up to it, the absurdity, the political/social/news media reaction was interesting to watch.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Whoops, my bad - misread that. The one you watched is the popular favorite, the third one. The recording implants. The second episode kind of drags, but pulls a big punch at the end. The second season does not have a gross episode like the first have sex with a pig episode - it's more political/philosophical. 2.1 deals with how getting your spouse back from the dead can be a mixed blessing - it's haunting. 2.2 deals with mob mentality, does the punishment fit the crime. 2.3 is politics/media/big brother themes. I really enjoyed the first episode of the first season. I know the pig part is gross, but the part leading up to it, the absurdity, the political/social/news media reaction was interesting to watch.

Ok, sounds interesting. On the pig ep, it was just so far-fetched. No chance any world leader would have done that. I kept screaming through the show, "You don't negotiate with terrorists!" And, "Doing it would cause more harm to the country than letting the princess go." Those were the 2 easy outs for the PM and they never mentioned them. Anyways, look fwd to season 2.

Quote:

Whoops, my bad - misread that. The one you watched is the popular favorite, the third one. The recording implants. The second episode kind of drags, but pulls a big punch at the end.

The second season does not have a gross episode like the first have sex with a pig episode - it's more political/philosophical. 2.1 deals with how getting your spouse back from the dead can be a mixed blessing - it's haunting. 2.2 deals with mob mentality, does the punishment fit the crime. 2.3 is politics/media/big brother themes.

I really enjoyed the first episode of the first season. I know the pig part is gross, but the part leading up to it, the absurdity, the political/social/news media reaction was interesting to watch.

Ok, sounds interesting.

On the pig ep, it was just so far-fetched. No chance any world leader would have done that. I kept screaming through the show, "You don't negotiate with terrorists!" And, "Doing it would cause more harm to the country than letting the princess go." Those were the 2 easy outs for the PM and they never mentioned them. Anyways, look fwd to season 2.

I agree with you. No way Cameron or Blair or whomever complies with the demands. And that only one person was able to carry out the kidnapping/evasion. But it was a "fun" watch.

Steve

I never plan on watching American Horror Story, but each time, I try the first episode and I'm hooked by its batsh$t craziness. Almost done with season 3. Lots of good actors - Lange, Paulson, Bassett, Bates. Season one had crysterbating, season two had a nun having sex with a priest in a haunted asylum and now a witch with a vagina of death. Crazy and I love it.

Steve

Downloaded and watched all of Breaking Bad.Β  It was OK, I'm really not seeing the critical acclaim.Β  Something interesting would happen and then a character would bug out (mouthbreath andΒ stare at the wall or sky)Β for 4 or 5 episodes; rinse and repeat for 5 seasons.

I was told Parks and Recreation was pretty hilarious so I downloaded season 1 and watched an episode.Β  Seemed dumb, like The Office except with different people.Β  I might give it a couple more episodes to be safe but it doesn't look promising so far.

• Administrator

Downloaded and watched all of Breaking Bad.Β  It was OK, I'm really not seeing the critical acclaim.Β  Something interesting would happen and then a character would bug out (mouthbreath andΒ stare at the wall or sky)Β for 4 or 5 episodes; rinse and repeat for 5 seasons.

I was told Parks and Recreation was pretty hilarious so I downloaded season 1 and watched an episode.Β  Seemed dumb, like The Office except with different people.Β  I might give it a couple more episodes to be safe but it doesn't look promising so far.

You should watch The Wire.

/insidejoke

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

First two seasons or so weren't great. It got good when they added Rob Lowe and Adam Scott.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

First two seasons or so weren't great. It got good when they added Rob Lowe and Adam Scott.

Concur. My son turned me onto it a couple years ago. Got much better with Rob Lowe, it is a funny show.

Season 2 of Vikings just opened up on Prime, I'm already on ep 7. Greatness.

Peaky Blinders, series 1, was pretty much your standard mobster themes, but set in early 1900, with Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill - their acting raises it up a notch. Tom Hardy is in series 2, but have yet to start that.

Already, the web page for Twin Peaks 2.0 is out:

http://www.sho.com/sho/twin-peaks/home

Steve

A show with spaceships at last. That's Six from BSG.

Steve

A show with spaceships at last. That's Six from BSG.

Heard about this a couple weeks back, set my DVR then. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Man, that reveal in Ascension was a little bit of a letdown. It's hard not to think of Don Draper being in Black Mirror.Β  Edit: An eagle for the Black Mirror Christmas episode. Bleak, but takes the idea of social media blocking to extremes.

Steve

Mainlining The Missing - Father obsessed with finding missing kid. Many twist and turns, mostly believable. Kind of Broadchuch-y. Two episodes have yet to air, so now I'm hooked. It's not typically done, chronologically - as in the killer is revealed in the end, in fact it's the how rather than the who that's emphasized here.

Whoops, now that I'm almost done, I was wrong on both counts I crossed out. Still a good mystery/drama. All the episodes have aired.

Steve