IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

2 hours ago, Strandly said:

I watched the first season of Penny Dreadful on a recommendation and it was alright.  Kinda heavy on the cryptic/poetry nonsense but I really liked the monster stuff.  Not sure if I'll watch more of it since it's apparently been cancelled.

Just finished the first season of Mr Robot too.  It started off strong but by the end of the season I was completely sick of the hallucinating and anti-capitalism ranting.  It was like christ give it a rest already.  I get it.  Move on.  I probably won't watch anymore of it.

Watched the first episode of Stranger Things yesterday and it looks interesting.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the season.

I plan on watching Preacher after the first full season is released.  Like Penny Dreadful I think the supernatural angle will make it a fun show.

I wanted to like Mr. Robot but I was turned off by all the propaganda to the point I couldn't watch it any longer.  

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I liked season two of Penny Dreadful.  Haven't made it around to watching the third yet.  

Land even though I'm behind on Preacher, I've fallen in love with another AMC show, Hell On Wheels.  Currently I'm about to start the final season.  I really hope the Swede gets what's coming to him.  

Corey

I'm about halfway through Stranger Things and it's definitely overrated and I grew up with all the nostalgia references it's trying to hit me with. It's good, but not finding it as great as a lot of people are saying it is. The thing of it is I've seen all this before, and again in Super 8 awhile ago. And now again in a long drawn out series? Even though The Force Awakens was kind of a retread, it had enough new-ish elements and you know the story will move on. Stranger Things is a total retread. Not too enthusiastic about Netflix's The Get Down either.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I'm about halfway through Stranger Things and it's definitely overrated and I grew up with all the nostalgia references it's trying to hit me with. It's good, but not finding it as great as a lot of people are saying it is. The thing of it is I've seen all this before, and again in Super 8 awhile ago. And now again in a long drawn out series? Even though The Force Awakens was kind of a retread, it had enough new-ish elements and you know the story will move on. Stranger Things is a total retread. Not too enthusiastic about Netflix's The Get Down either.

I watched (had it going in the background, really) more than half the season of Stranger Things and I just really couldn't get into it. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Stranger Things was just ok . .I made it through the season but mostly because I had it on in the background most of the time.  I tried to but just couldn't get into Mr Robot or The Preacher.  I'm pretty stoked for Fear the Walking Dead to come back on. 

• 3 weeks later...

One of the funniest Veep moments. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Anyone seen Jack and Ozzys Big Adventure (or whatever)?  Man, that's a really, really good show.  I never watched the Ozzy show when Jack was a kid but through pop culture, just got the vibe it was a fkd up family.  Couldn't be further from the truth.  Jack has grown up to be a bright, reasonable, likeable dude, I think he's 28 or so now.  A ton of love between he and Ozzy as they travel some of the places on their bucket list around mostly the US but last episode had them in England.  Highly recommended.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Finished season 3 of Penny Dreadful.  Ending was pretty dumb imo but whatever.  Not a bad series overall.

Finished season 1 of Stranger Things.  I liked it, would watch more of it.

Watched the first season of Banshee a while ago and forgot about it.  Started off OK but got pretty ridiculous by the end of the season.  Really doubt I'll watch more of it.

@Strandly so Stranger Things on Netflix was good?  Thinking about doing a marathon watch sometime here soon.

@Rainmaker @jamo but neither of you liked it?  Anything particular?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

11 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

@Strandly so Stranger Things on Netflix was good?  Thinking about doing a marathon watch sometime here soon.

I liked Stranger Things, it was very Stephen King-esque to me. 

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Just now, Jeremie Boop said:

I liked Stranger Things, it was very Stephen King-esque to me. 

Cool, huge fan of Stephen King (plus he lives in my hometown of Bangor Maine, :-D)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

The Kettering Incident - it had a lot of potential, it's a mix of LOST and Twin Peaks and watched it because interested in watching an Australian series, but it loses footing under its own weight, couldn't get vested in the characters. It is fun trying to theorize what the hell is going on, which is why I'd recommend watching it although it ends on a huge cliffhanger and there are a lot of unanswered questions. It'll be available on Amazon Prime in October.

Steve

2 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I thought it was "ok" . .I made it through the season.  But don't take my opinion . .I am a computer programmer and I watched this show at least 50% "in the background".  I remember it starting out interesting, slowing down a bit in the middle and then getting pretty good for the last 2-4 episodes.  But honestly . .I couldn't even tell you what it was about, lol. 

American Gods looks really good. Can't wait for this to air.

Steve

11 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I thought so.  The characters were all different and interesting.  Winona Rider's character actually annoyed me but it wasn't because she did a bad job, neurotic people just aren't my cup of tea.  The missing kid's group of friends were great though, very funny and entertaining.  The monster stuff was well done but not so scary that a family couldn't sit down and watch it imo.

I would compare it to Goonies except with the slapstick dialed waaaay back.

19 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

I thought it was "ok" . .I made it through the season.  But don't take my opinion . .I am a computer programmer and I watched this show at least 50% "in the background".  I remember it starting out interesting, slowing down a bit in the middle and then getting pretty good for the last 2-4 episodes.  But honestly . .I couldn't even tell you what it was about, lol. 

10 hours ago, Strandly said:

I thought so.  The characters were all different and interesting.  Winona Rider's character actually annoyed me but it wasn't because she did a bad job, neurotic people just aren't my cup of tea.  The missing kid's group of friends were great though, very funny and entertaining.  The monster stuff was well done but not so scary that a family couldn't sit down and watch it imo.

I would compare it to Goonies except with the slapstick dialed waaaay back.

Cool, thanks guys.  I'll probably give it a watch in the next couple of weeks.

-Jerry

I've been watching FX's Tyrant season 3 lately .. I'm almost caught up.  I've been thinking - I really watch some dumb shows, lol . .but I can't help it . I find them, certain ones, entertaining. 

Some dumb shows I have really enjoyed - in no particular order 

1.  Tyrant

2.  Falling Skies

3.  Supernatural

4.  Sons of Anarchy

5.  Justified

What dumb tv shows am I missing out on?

Edited by Rainmaker

51 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I've been watching FX's Tyrant season 3 lately .. I'm almost caught up.  I've been thinking - I really watch some dumb shows, lol . .but I can't help it . I find them, certain ones, entertaining. 

Some dumb shows I have really enjoyed - in no particular order 

1.  Tyrant

2.  Falling Skies

3.  Supernatural

4.  Sons of Anarchy

5.  Justified

What dumb tv shows am I missing out on?

Banshee.

I watched a few episodes of Justified and was pretty disappointed; I thought there would be a lot more action.  Plus the best actor in the show wasn't even the star, it was the guy who played Boyd imo.  I'd like to find another action-y show like that to watch though.  Preferably something not "dumb".  :-P