IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Westworld. What the hell is happening?

I know, i wasnt expecting that with Bernard.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

A trip down memory lane. The old HBO intro. And it lives on today during summer outdoor movie festivals. They're cheering the HBO intro! Not that the festival is free has anything to do with it. :-D

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

These are the shows I want to watch over the holiday.

• The Man in the High Castle
  • Mozart in the Jungle
  • High Maintenance
  • Transparent
  • Catastrophe
  • Search Party
  • The Crown
  • Medici
  • Versailles
  • OA
  • The Cuba Libre Story
  • This is Us

The amount of content available is crazy. Not going to anywhere near finish this unless I don't sleep. And probably forgetting a few. Meh, maybe I'll just go hit some golf balls instead.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Cross two off the list, Mozart in the Jungle which was fun but not as good as previous seasons but chock full of music. 

The OA. What the hell? Gonna make some people mad. 

Steve

Charlie Brooker's (Black Mirror) Wipe for 2016 is out! Can't wait to watch the whole thing.

Steve

Wow, Braindead is a really good show. From CBS of all places. 

Steve

My wife and I usually watch one show at a time that's been out for a while. We are on season 2 of the Americans and I enjoy it.  Watched season 1 and 2 of Fargo before that. Season 1 better than 2. And before that watched breaking bad which is obviously terrific. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

On 12/19/2016 at 3:15 PM, nevets88 said:

These are the shows I want to watch over the holiday.

• The Man in the High Castle
  • Mozart in the Jungle
  • High Maintenance
  • Transparent
  • Catastrophe
  • Search Party
  • The Crown
  • Medici
  • Versailles
  • OA
  • The Cuba Libre Story
  • This is Us

The amount of content available is crazy. Not going to anywhere near finish this unless I don't sleep. And probably forgetting a few. Meh, maybe I'll just go hit some golf balls instead.

I barely put a dent in this list only just managed 3 up to now, throw in BrainDead. Netflix is licensing like it has unlimited money. The latest Sherlock was just okay.

Steve

This Netflix One Day at a Time reboot is really good. The laugh track, which seems passe now made me think otherwise. It's really funny, the writing is very sharp there's a lot packed into an episode. Freddy's wife in Six Feet Under and Ned from Groundhog Day are in it. 

Steve

Golden Globes La La Land parody is hilarious. 

Steve

Better Call Saul season 3 is coming up soon.  Favourite of mine.  Another new season of House of Cards.  LetterKenny is a Canadian comedy which is actually funny in a small Canadian town way.

Hey, things are back to normal, there's "prestige" tv on Sunday nights again to fill the void left by Westworld, Game of Thrones, Leftovers, whatever, yeah, I know Europe has already seen this. In the end, we all love to hear a good story spun, that, will never change.

Steve

• Administrator

Well Sherlock Season 4 is over. I get that they're almost movie length, but three episodes still feels like a bit of a sham. :-P Darn the UK and their weird idea of a "season".

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Well Sherlock Season 4 is over. I get that they're almost movie length, but three episodes still feels like a bit of a sham. :-P Darn the UK and their weird idea of a "season".

And 3 years in between as well.

Steve

Anybody else watching "Sneaky Pete" on Amazon? Giovanni Ribisi and Brian Cranston... pretty good. Stylistically it reminds of the first season of Fargo on FX.

12 hours ago, Kalnoky said:

Anybody else watching "Sneaky Pete" on Amazon? Giovanni Ribisi and Brian Cranston... pretty good. Stylistically it reminds of the first season of Fargo on FX.

I watched the whole thing . . .and it was very enjoyable except 2 things kept bugging me the *entire* time . . .

1.  No way the family wouldn't know it wasn't the real Pete..and no way they'd act that way if they did know and were, for some reason, keeping it to themselves

2.  Bryan Cranston's character is just a little . .cheesy.  He was incredibly effective as the good guy/nerd turned bad guy in Breaking Bad. .but when starting out as the bad guy he kind of seems a little cartoon-ish.

But I did really like it - especially the Giovanni Ribisi character...and the grandparents and other family members . . .overall some good stuff.   

On 1/15/2017 at 1:20 PM, nevets88 said:

Hey, things are back to normal, there's "prestige" tv on Sunday nights again to fill the void left by Westworld, Game of Thrones, Leftovers, whatever, yeah, I know Europe has already seen this. In the end, we all love to hear a good story spun, that, will never change.

I just saw the first 2 episodes of The Young Pope . .wow . .not what I was expecting and definitely peaked my interest.  

On 1/20/2017 at 1:50 PM, Kalnoky said:

I watched the first 20 minutes, looked pretty good so far. Will go back to it, right now focussing on Taboo, which was a bit mystifying at first but looks to have a lot of potential. Could definitely get into Tom Hardy sticking it to the man, 19th century.

Steve