IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

• Administrator

Sounds like perhaps too much ulnar.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Sounds like perhaps too much ulnar.

So, I had a shot tonight where I had to keep it low and rope draw it around a tree to get to near the green on a par 5. I just do the wrist stuff really well and crushed it. Hit about a 30 yard draw with a 5 iron that went about 230 yards. 

So, I just need to imagine there is a tree in front of me so I can hit that shot. 🤣

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • Smart2Move https://www.smart2move.com/devices/3d-dual-force-plates I now have a set of the Smart2Move 3D Dual Force Plates. These measure forces and torques in all three dimensions, and are portable (somewhat — each plate weighs about 12 pounds) and run wirelessly to an iPad. I've already used them for a session or two, and often I would just AirPlay my screen to the TV in my hitting station. It worked really well in early testing, and I'm excited to continue to work with Smart2Move and these plates. @david_wedzik were among the first people in the world to own a SwingCatalyst. We have a BodiTrak as well. I'm on record as saying a few things regarding these things: You can "see" what golfers are doing with your eyes, even if it's not really measured. They were kind of a pain to set up and use. Students are bad at understanding forces and torques. Everyone has semi-decent nGRF; what you can gain from using them is somewhat limited, and instructors make too much out of GRF these days. ROI? In order… 1. You can see what golfers are doing with your eyes, even if it's not truly measured. They say "force precedes motion" and that's true. And I can see what golfers are doing - where they're applying forces, torques, etc. I don't know exactly how much, but my estimates would be pretty close. I don't necessarily need force plates to help golfers, or to see what they're doing, but… they do. Like I've found with GEARS, and my GCQuadMAX… golfers are more willing to make changes when they do something and I say "no, you didn't do it" when as I say that, I'm pointing to proof that they didn't do it. It carries more weight than just me saying "you didn't do it" based on what I saw. 😄  2. They were kind of a pain to set up and use. They were; that's still true. These S2M plates are not. They connect to an iPad, not an entire PC with a dedicated, wired camera that has a hard time getting a good frame rate. The iPad gives 240 FPS video. 3. Students are bad at understanding forces and torques. They still are. You tell someone to add pressure to their left foot, and they'll push with their right foot to shift their weight left… thus adding force to their right foot. But, that's where I come in — I can explain what we're trying to do, and narrow their focus to one graph or one number. 4. Everyone has semi-decent GRF; what you can gain from using them is somewhat limited, and instructors make too much out of GRF these days. To be honest, I still think this is mostly true, but… I'm seeing enough people these days who shift their weight into their trail side toes instead of back toward the heel a bit, or who are super late getting forward, or who don't do some other things pretty easily seen on a graph, that I think I can narrow their focus to just the one thing, explain that thing, and make good progress. Plus, for better players, sometimes this timing — or the amount that they do it — can lead to a noticeable change, even if it takes them from a +1 to a +1.4, or a 110 MPH driver swing to 114. 5. No, at $14k, there would be no good ROI argument to be made. 😛 Erie is a "thrifty" town, after all. I'm excited to have these again. Like I said, the old systems were a pain to use, and these are much easier, and need only an iPad. I'll be using them in "regular" lessons as well as in GEARS lessons. Any questions?
    • Day 269: 9/17/24 Indoor chipping followed by slow motion swings working on weight shift. Each day begins with a Par4Success workout.
    • Oh my, no. It's a wedge second shot. Your angle into the green doesn't matter. You should not be aiming for the "side" of a 30-yard wide fairway to give yourself a better angle to hit your wedge shot. Or almost any shot after that. If the mounds on the left were a pond, or horrible bunkers, sure aim left. But they're not. If teeing off from the right side gives you confidence, cool, but the angle changes like 0.5°.
    • Do you practice through the winter? You're really not even likely that far from Erie… I have a number of students who make the trip every 3-6 months.
    • I have decided to try to play through it. I will put some older clubs into the bag and try to swing away! Winter will be here soon enough!

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...