IGNORED

Nick Faldo Swing Thoughts

Note:Β This thread is 4628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I like that rock thing, good video. I'm going to try that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It would be interesting to have the years those 3 pictures were taken. The one on the left is obviously the most recent, judging by his waistline if nothing else. I could be wrong, but I would venture that the picture on the right was in his youth, before he and Leadbetter revamped his swing. The middle picture would be after his swing changes, and when he won all of his majors.

Starting from the right...the first photo is from the time of Golf, The Winning Formula (1989)...second is from A Swing For Life (1995)...and far left is recent. As to the timeline...5 majors b/w 1987-1992...one in 1996 thanks to Greg Norman and that was the end (coincidence?) of the line. In fact, last European Tour victory was 1994. Again, I was a long time Faldo fan and admired his game. The photos are just VERY TELLING as they relate to the downward slide of his own game.

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction,Β Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Β  Β 

• Administrator
Who should be running the golf fix if Michael Breed sucks? Any ideas? I want to know who I should listen to.

Not really the topic of this thread, but someone that can answer

these questions would be a start.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I like that rock thing, good video. I'm going to try that.

Some people live in the city. If I take a rock out of Central Park, I'll get arrested or something. I'll use a free weight from the rec room thank you.

Thanks for the link - it's similar to the throw the club drill, no? A bit more vertical.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'll use a free weight from the rec room thank you.

Or a small medicine ball, I bet that would work.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Or a small medicine ball, I bet that would work.

That's what we use at the Academy.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

This is what I'm throwing around. Some bypassers thought I'd gone mad, throwing around logs and bricks.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I may not agree with everything Faldo says, but he says it with a certain style (maybe it's the accent) that implies he knows what he's talking about. I read an article about Bob Torrance rebuilding Padraigs swing - that old dude sounds like a failed player, chronic alcoholic, and Hogan fanboy (serious manlove for BH), but the results speak for themselves.

Is there anyone on any tour that Sir Nick has personally coached? Did he have anything to do with Rory's career?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

This is what I'm throwing around. Some bypassers thought I'd gone mad, throwing around logs and bricks.

...and you can see the positive results in your motion...nice job Zeph!

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction,Β Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Β  Β 

if it were that easy, the pga tour would be flooded with sandtrappers.

It is that easy, but people just don't do it, they get over the ball questioning their setup and before they know it, they have 3 to 4 different swing thoughts going at the same time and the brain goes into overload and the body just cannot execute that many commands during the swing, which results in a less than perfect shot and in most cases a very undesired (shank)

Setup, and swing, don't overly wave the club around at address or dance some kinda jig with your feet, these are indications that the brain is telling the body that you cannot hit that little white ball, so you have to shake it off before you can start any form of swing, and it all starts at address ....... If you hit bad shots, move the ball around in your stance until you hit a good one, remember that ball position, then setup to the ball that way, and SWING before your mind can do anything else! and soon you'll address the ball and swing at it with confidence and best of all NO swing thoughts

What Faldo did wrong was,
first he had a belief he needed to change his swing to win majors.
He did that and won majors,
in that pursuit he lost his touch due to Leadbetter ruined him with the big muscle myth,
when he lost his touch he tried to get back but failed BIG time.

So what Faldo did was in short term good for him, in long term a disaster.
He should have won 5 majors and got lucky at the last one.
He also got a bad head and temper, he should basically had won 4 majors since Fanny his caddie managed to break his angry state when he was 2 back in the Open.

So, Leadbetter ruined him with big muscle myth,
Faldo was a thinking player with bad temper.
all and all that made him loose his touch.
When his touch was lost, he couldnt play great golf.

He tried to get back using sport psychologist as Kjell Enhager but he failed with Faldo.

Robert Something

• 1 year later...

You can't stop your brain from thinking. Β If I were you I would pair up some usual bad swing shots with good ones, so when your game starts to go awry (snap hook) you have a positive thought to help keep it in the fairway. Β Jack Nicklaus Arguably the best player to live had millions of swing thoughts and does to this day. He used to think of his putter shaft was made of very fragile glass and in turn he must keep it soft and smooth so it would not break. Β Whatever the swing thought, make sure to keep it brief and simple and no more than 1-3 thoughts. Β Workout a routine, it's a must, even on the range between every shot. Β This will help with pressure situations. Hope this helps!

-Joe

Quote:
Workout a routine, it's a must, even on the range between every shot. Β This will help with pressure situations. Hope this helps!

+1 to this...

What helped me, i created a zone behind the ball, when i stand behind the ball thats were all my thoughts are at. What i want to do with the ball, what i an do, were i want to aim, and the swing thought to get me that swing. After i get down to were i want, i go and address the ball, i think of nothing else but maybe 1-2 swing thoughts

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Faldo's swing analysis are not only bad, but also inconsistent.Β  One moment he will talk about shifting off the ball into his right side and then the next he is talking about how he likes Webb Simpson holding a club on the inside of his head to keep him "center".Β  Also, it is very clear that he doesn't know ball flight laws.Β  Sometimes when they do the konica minolta swing vision analysis it seems like the words just fall out of his mouth with not rhyme or reason.

Stephan Kostelecky

Golf Instructor

Youtube

Originally Posted by soon_tourpro

What Faldo did wrong was,

first he had a belief he needed to change his swing to win majors.

He did that and won majors,

in that pursuit he lost his touch due to Leadbetter ruined him with the big muscle myth,

when he lost his touch he tried to get back but failed BIG time.

So what Faldo did was in short term good for him, in long term a disaster.

He should have won 5 majors and got lucky at the last one.

He also got a bad head and temper, he should basically had won 4 majors since Fanny his caddie managed to break his angry state when he was 2 back in the Open.

So, Leadbetter ruined him with big muscle myth,

Faldo was a thinking player with bad temper.

all and all that made him loose his touch.

When his touch was lost, he couldnt play great golf.

He tried to get back using sport psychologist as Kjell Enhager but he failed with Faldo.

Mind=blown at your attempt to discredit Faldo's major wins. That's a pretty big unnecessary reach....

Six majors is no accident. Faldo was the guy who invented swing within yourself when he was physically capable of playing a more aggressive game. He was a master of strategy (albeit conservative) and his playing record speaks for itself.

Say what you want about teaching golf, but when it came to playing golf he was one of the best of his generation along with Greg Norman.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100Β 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S |Β Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro PlusΒ Β 

Note:Β This thread is 4628 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!