IGNORED

Marking your ball

Note: This thread is 5155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And what's wrong with having confidence and expecting the best out of yourself? The best players on tour get frustrated all the time, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

They get paid to be frustrated, kingface12 doesn't, he has to pay to be frustrated, does this make sense to you? I dunno about you, but I pay to have fun

I spin my balls and have a line all the way around the ball. Distracting? No, not to me, and when a hit goes haywire, I find it quickly and know it's mine. It helps on lining up putts too. I have seen tour players with a line all the way around.

I also make a sharpie line completely around, can be seen easily when walking down the fairway, easy to discribe to someone else and lets me line up my drives, par 3 tee shots and putts...leaves marker marks on the face of the driver to show contact spot, and feedback on putts if I am hitting it square. Too many positives not to do it .

Driver Wishon 919THI 4 Wood Pure Fit w Accuflex

Ping Rapture hybrid Irons Wishon 770 CFE with Apollo Humps regular Gripmaster rubber grips 4-aw Wedges Ping MB 56 Ping Eye 2 Lob &nbsp ;Mentor Quad putter gripmaster gator grip

Bantam chipper leather grip

one red dots on each side of logo

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

A 'k' under the logo

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I have a friend who makes dots on his ball with a gray marker. It's not distracting a fairly easy to spot

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I would recommend that you mark you golf balls differently. I use 1 dot, 2 dots, and 3 dots to the right of the number. I decided to do this after I hit a bad tee shot and then hit a provisional in the same general area. I only found 1 ball but could not tell if it was the original or the provisional. If you play provisionals you have to be able to tell what ball is the original and what is the provisional, you should be able to identify the provisional. You can't say "I just grabbed a ball out of my bag this must be it."

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

I would recommend that you mark you golf balls differently. I use 1 dot, 2 dots, and 3 dots to the right of the number. I decided to do this after I hit a bad tee shot and then hit a provisional in the same general area. I only found 1 ball but could not tell if it was the original or the provisional. If you play provisionals you have to be able to tell what ball is the original and what is the provisional, you should be able to identify the provisional. You can't say "I just grabbed a ball out of my bag this must be it."

I do this too. Usually I carry a 2-dot and a 3-dot. If I need a 2nd provisional, I'll make a 1-dot. Sometimes I just write a big "1" and "2" on the balls instead.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

They get paid to be frustrated, kingface12 doesn't, he has to pay to be frustrated, does this make sense to you? I dunno about you, but I pay to have fun

I pay to have fun, with complete certainty that I will be extremely frustrated a few times during the round.

taylormade.gif R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gif Baffler 2h
 JPX 800 Pro 4-PW  *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gif CG14 52* /  MP T-10 56* /  callaway.gif Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gif Spider Ghost /  Z Star Yellow

I do this too. Usually I carry a 2-dot and a 3-dot. If I need a 2nd provisional, I'll make a 1-dot. Sometimes I just write a big "1" and "2" on the balls instead.

Off the subject are you allowed to hit more than one provisional according to the rules? I know it does not say much for my golfing ability but I have hit a second provisional many times. It is awesome when you find your first ball

instead of hitting 6

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Off the subject are you allowed to hit more than one provisional according to the rules? I know it does not say much for my golfing ability but I have hit a second provisional many times. It is awesome when you find your first ball

Yeah, I was just thinking of that question

I mark my mine with a line thru the logo on each side... I like to keep the colors bright so I can say "YEAH THAT'S MINE... THE ONE WITH THE PINK LINE!..." lol only because I'll know I'll usually be the only one out there with a ball like that.
Currently in my titleist.gif X86 stand bag:

taylormade.gif R7 Superquad 9.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board); taylormade.gif R7 15*; titleist.gif 585H 21*, adams.gif ---*; --- 4-9 (KBS); vokey.gif [48*], 56*, 60* (SM); cameron.gifStudio Select Newport 2 Midslant 34"

Ball - titleist.gif Pro V1X

I use a purple sharpie and trace the first T in Titleist. It seems pretty original plus I don't think that many people use purple. works for me

BAG UNDER 4 inferno red/white
DRIVER TOUR SS 310 BETA TITANIUM 10.5
3-WOOD SZ HYPER STEEL
HYBRID 503 H 19*
IRONS TA7 WEDGES OIL CAN 52 AND 56 PUTTER M4-L

Been doing some research on the Net, I decided to draw an arrow on my balls. It would help you line up the ball in putting. I'll let you know how if the balls make a difference on the green.

I have a slot of three balls on the outside of the bag. When starting a round I mark all of them the same, start playing with the one marked number 1, put number 2 in the top slot, 3 and 4 below it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like to mark my ball with a little smiley face to remind me to have fun, with golf being so frustrating at times. It's simple and takes no time to mark.

i do the same with a green smiley face and when i put it on the tee i face the smiley face towards me

my father in law writes his initials simple enough by the way i have a few smiley face marks on my driver head but none of them are in the same spot go figure

driver-adams insight xtd 10.5*
hybrid-taylormade burner rescue 4 22*
irons-nike sumo 4-9 pw aw sw
putter-ping anser 4
bag still under review!

Note: This thread is 5155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!