IGNORED

What makes you leave the course happy (or angry)?

clearwaterms
Note:Β This thread is 5091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I try to keep it pretty light on the course. I know I am a barely average player although I really love this game. However, I must admit I have walked off the course early from sheer frustration at an occasional total inability to hit the ball properly. Those days are fewer and further between these days, but the "shanks & tops" do creep in from time to time .... and I HATE the embarrassment that brings.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Β 

I get more pissed off at the range than on the course. Practicing is work. Playing is play. :)

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

........... Practicing is work. Playing is play. :)

I gotta remember that!! Good Mantra ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Β 

I rarely get angry any more. When certain things are not going well, then my feelings are more frustration than anger. Over the last year I've lost my ability to hit the driver. No clue as to why. So when I score well in spite of that deficiency, I get even more frustrated because there is no reason I can think of for why I can't hit the damn thing. All I can think about is how much better it could have been if I had been able to get off the tee.

But, in the end, it's all still fun. I just treat it as another challenge to be overcome. I think I see a driver fitting session in my near future.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Good score + strong finish = Overjoyed

That sums it up perfectly for me!

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5Β°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15Β°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5Β°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

Playing well with a good score, plain and simple. If I hit the ball like crap and get a couple lucky bounces, I know it and don't feel that great (my low round felt like this, I had three breaks in there that probably saved me 3-5 strokes).

Most annoying thing is when I hit the ball great and have a bad day of putting...very frustrating.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

1: If i didn't 3 putt
2: If i didn't miss a putt inside 4 feet
3: If i felt I left under 3 shots out there
4: If i didn't triple bogey a hole
5: If i shot under 85
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5Β°, Proforce V2 HL S |Β PINGΒ G5, 15Β°, 18Β°, Aldila NV 75 S | PINGΒ G5, 19Β°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

1: If i didn't 3 putt

you'd be pretty pissed off most of the time then!

If I get a birdie I'm really happy.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

When I lose too many balls.
I leave happy when I shot better than the last time out.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*TitleistΒ AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 &Β 60.10

I can't say I leave angry. Disappointed in my performance is usually the most negative. After playing in a tournament this weekend where handicaps came into question, the adjective "discouraged" comes to mind. A day on the course is usually a good day.

Β 

Good score + strong finish = Overjoyed

I agree with you haha. For example today I was hitting the ball well... at the 6th tee I was -2. This course were I played is not in great shape and the rough has a lot of holes and if your ball ends up there you can't move it, if you're on the fairway local rules allow you to move the ball. So at the 6th, par 5 I hit my drive to the right, I aimed right there cause the wind was coming hard form right to left and a hook will finish OB, my second shot finished in the rough in a hole so there was no shot... I ended with a bogey and mentally I gave up... finished bogey, bogey, bogey for a final +2.

So my anger management classes start on Tuesday hahahaha! Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5Β° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) |Β Fairway: 906F2 15Β° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) |Β Hybrid: 585.H 21Β° (S300) |Β Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) |Β Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11 Β |Β Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Β 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Anytime Im feeling good, I think about getting a record good score, then my round magically goes to hell. that pisses me off more than anything. Happened this weekend, was at 30 through 7 holes, hopes of breaking 40, last two holes, 7 and 6....

I would say that I leave angry when...
1) I lose 6 of the 12 Titleist balls I had just purchased before the round.
2) I get called by a supervisor from work to ask me a question that I have no answer for as I'm walking up for a birdie putt.....and then miss the putt.

I leave happy every other time.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I am pretty much always happy when I leave the course. Just glad to get out of the office / house. Sometimes I am happy but disappointed with how I played. Now that you mention it, my disappointment has less to do with my score and more to do with the quality of my ball-striking that day. If I feel like I "hit it well," I usually feel good about the round even if it is a high score for me.

^^^^ I agree with that statement 100%...To me is all about ball striking...the score will come...

ogio.gifΒ Black/WhiteΒ Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal'Β Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gifΒ Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS /Β ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff /Β cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gifΒ RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gifΒ  33" White Hot XG

I'm like most and almost always leave happy. I don't play a ton so if I am in the mid eightys I am ok with the score. If the wife isn't happy, that makes my whole life suck, so then I am angry. Besides that I can't remember the last time I wasn't happy leaving. Heck yesterday, I ended double, bogey, double and walked off 18 in a very nice mood.

Brian

Note:Β This thread is 5091 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!