• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChipShot

Gloves, you wear one???

42 posts in this topic

Just curious if there are a lot of golfers out there that prefer to not wear a glove. I have always worn one but while at the range today there was a person getting a lesson next to me and I heard her say to her instructor that she got rid of her gloves. His reply was "that's good because they're worthless anyway" and it kind of took me by surprise. Just curious to hear some of your thoughts.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I use a glove on everything but my wedge shots and putter (obviously). I like the feel on shots around the green and about 120 yards and in.

I'd prefer not to, but I have to. I'll literally blister my left hand if I don't, especially at the range. I do just like rholt168, every shot except short pitches/chips and putts.

I do, it's more comfortable to me, and even with them I get raw spots/small calluses on the pads where my fingers join my hand. I pull it off only for putting.

I've tried throwing it away, but it doesn't feel right. Had I not used one from the start, I'm sure it would've been fine, but after golfing for many years, it has become a habit.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use one for everything but putting - I typically find a closeout or last year's model on the internet and order a year's supply on the net.

No, I don't use one, I just can't get used to it. I probably should because when properly used, I may be able to lighten my grip. I'll go a couple of holes using one, take it off for putting, and then forget to put it back on.

I use one. I keep two in my bag. Well, I got caught in the rain one Saturday. Sunday, I went back and had forgotten about the gloves. They were soaked! I tried playing without a glove and it didn't go well. I put on a wet glove and that didn't go well either. After one dried enough to put on, I got back to normal. The way I wear through a leather glove, my hand would probably look like piece of shoe leather after a short while without one. To each his own.

i wear one for everything except putting. my hands sweat pretty bad during the summer and i'm afraid of throwing a club. that and it just feels right now.

I wear one for every shot except putting as well. I take it off between each shot. If I didn't, by the end of 18, I would have pretty much soaked it through. I keep a spare in the bag for really hot days.

I wear one for every shot except putting as well. I take it off between each shot. If I didn't, by the end of 18, I would have pretty much soaked it through. I keep a spare in the bag for really hot days.

i usually rotate between two on hot days. i soak them even if i take it off between shots.

I just started golfing and took lessons/went to the range without a glove. Bought one recently for my first 9-hole and it was pretty comfortable. Safe to say that I can use it or not, either way is fine really. On average, how many rounds (or how long) does a glove last before you need to get a new one? Just wondering.

Cheers,

I wear two from tee to cup. Funny I have white hands and tan forearms

So, does two really help you? How? I will wear to winter golf gloves if needed to keep the hands warm, but haven't thought about 2 during the summer. Surely not knocking it by any means. I'm really curious. Are your hands just tender or maybe very sweaty and it gives you a much better grip due to that? Again, not picking, just learning what works for others. I've just never seen anyone wear two during the summer.

The only time i wear a glove is when it rains, those Rain gloves are amazing, it can be a downpore and i can still hit the ball ;b

But i like no glove, which is srange because i use to play baseball when i was younger, little league, so i used two gloves when i first started golf. Then the golf pro got me to just wear one, to get more feeling, now i don't wear any gloves.

Just curious if there are a lot of golfers out there that prefer to not wear a glove. I have always worn one but while at the range today there was a person getting a lesson next to me and I heard her say to her instructor that she got rid of her gloves. His reply was "that's good because they're worthless anyway" and it kind of took me by surprise. Just curious to hear some of your thoughts.

No. Haven't worn a glove for 15 years. My game didn't change when I dropped it. I regrip my clubs every year and that eliminates any real need for a glove. When I try to use a glove now (when my game is on the skids I'll try anything

), I don't feel like I'm connected to the club. Just one more thing that I DON'T have to buy for golf.

I have to wear a glove, just taking it off to putt.