IGNORED

Golf Glove or No Glove???

Note: This thread is 1433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just recently started playing without a glove.  I still carry a glove in case I get sweaty hands.

I recently changed grips to GP CP2 midsize and don't notice being glove-less.

I don't feel that glove/no glove makes any difference in any way but that is just my opinion.

I get the feeling that has a bit to do with sponsors, yeah?

I wouldn't think so.  I don't know who uses what glove.  (other than Tiger and Rory probably use Nike)

I think a pro hits a couple thousand balls a week and needs one.  Freddie can't hit many balls because of his back, so he probably doesn't need one.  Freddie mentioned that he couldn't afford one when he was young and never used one.

I think Tiger uses one so he has something to sign and gift when he hits a spectator on the noggin on his bad drives. ;)

• Upvote 1

Usually wear one with my driver/irons but I don't think it makes a difference, rough on the hands if I play without one too frequently. Sometimes I'll take it off to putt and forget to put it back on for a few holes

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 years later...

Personally, I find I might need a glove after 45 mins at a range/practise session. During a round though, I rarely need one unless its just too hot and my towel cant keep my hand dry enough.

So basically, the glove is always in my bag for situations.

I find I line up my grip better too when it comes to where the "V" is pointing for each hand without a glove.

Edited by cutchemist42

I like the extra grip I get with the glove. I feel like I can hold the club just a tad more loosely with a glove on. But on hot days, I rotate between three gloves. Otherwise the glove gets too wet from sweat to be of any value. I have a velcro strip on my bag where I stick them so they can dry out.

I don't use them on wedges or putter. Pretty much anything I'm hitting at least 100 yards I'll use a glove. Oh, and I use it for everything at the range, and with my net in my backyard. Otherwise, I'll get blisters from hitting so much.

• 1 month later...

Started over 4 decades ago with a glove and never played without one.  I suspect if I did not wear one it would feel odd.  As I now have my other had messed up that I cannot keep a sold grip with it.  My teaching pro suggested a very light weight glove for my right hand.  So, in reality, I play with a mismatched glove on both hands.  As a result, I am able to control the club much better.  I will sometimes take the right glove off for putting.  

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

I made some practice swings in the back room the other day without a glove.  The club went flying out of my hands and straight through the glass door.  Worse yet, I damaged my new 4 iron crossover.  Lesson learned.

I wear two gloves. It's more of a health thing for me to avoid sun damage to my hands. We get well over 300 days of sunshine out here. It's a good thing to dress appropriately. 

I play about the same when I do play with out wearing them.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I hit some balls at the range the other day because I didn't have a glove with me. Boy, that was a mistake. Ended up with two blisters, and it was uncomfortable to hit without a glove to boot. Glove always for me!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

No glove generally, except for in winter, when I wear two for warmth. 

If my hands get too bad, then the glove will have to go on

Yes.  Please play with glove. It protects your hand palm and help hit more comfortable.

In Pro Tour, I only remember a couple of players who play without glove.  Fred Couples is one of them.

But, I think there are some points to this question.

However, if you really does not want to use a glove, then please make sure to have grip which is a bit softer and bigger with jumbo size.

The decision is ultimately up to the player. 

Thanks for sharing the thoughts.

Thanks for sharing Golf tips!
danielS.

• 1 year later...
  • iacas changed the title to Golf Glove or No Glove???
Note: This thread is 1433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!