IGNORED

Worst round of my life

bradabco
Note: This thread is 5009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today was the first 3 digit score I have had in 3.5 years. I shot a 102 at a dog track and am beating myself up... Consistently missed off the tee, iron play fluctuated, and didn't have any 1 putts fall... I am chalking it up as a bad round but it still gets to me.
Driver: Taylor Made R9, Woods: Callaway Hyper X 3 wood, Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 20 degree Irons: Callaway X-20's, Wedge: Cleveland 588 56 degree, Putter: Cleveland CC 6 Classic Black Platinum, Ball: Noodle, Shoes: Contour

Maryland Golf and Country Club in Bel Air, MD.

Today was the first 3 digit score I have had in 3.5 years. I shot a 102 at a dog track and am beating myself up... Consistently missed off the tee, iron play fluctuated, and didn't have any 1 putts fall... I am chalking it up as a bad round but it still gets to me.

That's a crappy, crappy feeling. 3 or 4 months ago I followed up 18 hole rounds of 79 and 77 with a 49 for 9 holes, and I had to hit some "hero" shots shoot 49. It happens-my advice is to take a few days off at least, and make your next golf trip to the range instead of the course. Do a lot of chipping/pitching to get back the feel of hitting the ball well. I bet you're 10 strokes better next round.

That's a crappy, crappy feeling. 3 or 4 months ago I followed up 18 hole rounds of 79 and 77 with a 49 for 9 holes, and I had to hit some "hero" shots shoot 49. It happens-my advice is to take a few days off at least, and make your next golf trip to the range instead of the course. Do a lot of chipping/pitching to get back the feel of hitting the ball well. I bet you're 10 strokes better next round.

good advice

i played some of the best golf of the year in the past 2 weeks, shooting my lowest scores of the year took 2 days off (was a little burned out) then shot a 41 on 9 holes on a par 35 (I have shot anywhere from 33-38 lately) missed 100% of the fwy's and GIR's and still managed a 41 somehow....now i KNOW i was burned out i took 5 days off and played today - mediocre (sp?) 77 amazing how you lose touch after a break like that, but its good for your head - I was ready to come back, just need some range time to get in the groove again
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

i shot 96 last week. this past saturday i shot 77 at the same course.

it happens. some days, things just don't happen the way you want it to. thats the beauty of golf... like others have suggested. take a day off, relax. head to the range and get a feel for a comfortable swing. spend some time chipping and putting, etc.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

.... Do a lot of chipping/pitching to get back the feel of hitting the ball well. I bet you're 10 strokes better next round.

If I have a really bad round, it's time to decompress. Take a few days off, and then hit the range. It's like I need to reboot my brain, and purge the "dump" file of bad shot memories.

After some time off, I can often figure out what's wrong after three or four range balls. I should probably take yoga lessons to learn how to cosmicly "chill out" before golf, or big meetings at work.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two days ago I shot the round of my life, 2 over, with an eagle, for 9 holes. Today I shot a 51, with an 8 on a par 3, followed by a 10 on a par 5, the very next hole.

A friend of mine always says "thats golf"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's tough.

Played my worst round since seriously taking up golf last summer. I've recently changed my grip and swing, and I thought I was pulling it together. I wasn't, I couldn't hit the ball for anything. I have never hit so many swings fat.

It comes and it goes. Don't let it phase you and get out there and shoot a good score next time.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Rory McIlroy shoots a record-tying 3-under 63 on Thursday, followed by an 8-over 80 on Friday. 17 strokes in one day! It happens to the best of 'em.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Rory McIlroy shoots a record-tying 3-under 63 on Thursday, followed by an 8-over 80 on Friday. 17 strokes in one day! It happens to the best of 'em.

Misery loves company. I shot a 78 on thursday last week, i shot a 94 on friday last week...I considered breaking every club in my bag during that round

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Poop happens. At least you got to play.

Played with my fatherinlaw last week. He usually just schools me. Last year on my home course i beat him 90 to 93 from the tips. It's not real often he chucks up one of those. This time i lost track on the 12th hole of my score but it was safely in the triple digits while he put up a 77. Good players have crappy rounds some times.

Shoot a 90 , 114, 90.

Sad.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Two weeks ago i shot 36 on the front nine,playing good, confidence up and proceeded to back 9 and bogeyed every hole,3 putted about 4 greens and i believe one was from about 10 feet.I put it down to being tired.Well thats my excuse ,45 on back nine

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I considered breaking every club in my bag during that round

I'm glad you brought that up... my whole approach on golf has changed immensly this past season. I used to get upset at myself after bad shots and missed putts and throw clubs and slam them on the ground (broke a few and chucked a wedge in the drink a couple years ago). I am COMPLETELY past all that now and my scores prove it. Just by learning to keep your head from getting into that "explosion mode" you will shave off a minimum of 5 strokes per round... I GAURENTEE it! I'm not saying I don't ever get pissed... but I get pissed right after the shot and then forget about it and focus on the next shot. I've gotten so good at keeping my cool now I can hit 2 duffs in a row followed by a water ball and only spout off a couple choice words and move on. By the time I hole the putt I'm over it. I'm all about course management and saving scores. Golf is fun again.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Happens to all of us. I've been really up and down this year. Great rounds and horrible rounds. Not much in between.

When I shoot a bad round, I like to play my next round at a confidence building course. There are two par 3s and an executive 9 I play quite often and shoot really well at. I am just comfortable at those courses. So...I like to a couple hours off work and play a quick 9 at one of those courses by myself. They are never crowded, so I can just take my time and walk through my game in my head. I usually shoot well. The courses help to remind me "yeah....I know how to play this game.." and my confidence level goes back up.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I played Nags Head Golf Links in a 35-40mph wind on 7/17 - I quit keeping score after 9 holes but I'm pretty sure I would have came close to 100. Which really, really sucks because I shot 74 at a higher rated course the day before. The week after, I shot 76-74 in the Hampton Open and missed the cut (the 76 included playing the last 6 holes with no putter thanks to it being thrown and landing on a cart path).

I did put up a 68 Sunday in wind and rain though, so that was pretty cool.

I can appreciate this advice. About 2-3 weeks after shooting my personal best score of 80, I played a club event in which I shot the worst score in the last 2 years (98 or something). In a fit of equal parts frustration and defiance, I wanted to play another round of golf that day to wash the stink off. It was too late in the evening by the time the event was over, though, so I had to wait til the next day.

The next day I go to a relatively easy course (slope 120 or so) but there is a skins match there. On my phone, I look up the closest 18-hole course and find one called Whitney Oaks and head over there. Turns out the course slope was something like 138. I promptly had the worst round in memory, even with picking up on a couple holes. It was embarassing and--worst of all--a horrible ego-bruising experience. After horrible rounds later in the year, I learned to either take a few days off or go to the range instead. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'm from Baltimore as well. What course did you play?

As for advice, I'd just try and put it behind me and move on to the next round. The last thing you want to do is go out in your next round saying "I need to shoot __". Hope you bounce back.

I played Nags Head Golf Links in a 35-40mph wind on 7/17 - I quit keeping score after 9 holes but I'm pretty sure I would have came close to 100. Which really, really sucks because I shot 74 at a higher rated course the day before. The week after, I shot 76-74 in the Hampton Open and missed the cut (the 76 included playing the last 6 holes with no putter thanks to it being thrown and landing on a cart path).

thats awesome!! hahah!

sorry, this made me laugh out loud....not sure if im suppose to laugh, but it was comical only because i can relate 100%
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Note: This thread is 5009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!