IGNORED

Rory calls out Tiger!

breakout89
Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Rory is confident against any player. And I don't see a lot of players being confident having to play Rory.

He's sure been unstoppable in the US during his . . . one . . . victory.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Rory should do take Tiger out for once for all.
I am sick and tired of Tiger story in Golf and have prayed for years for someone to step up and end Tiger's reign once for all.
I prayed for AK and Villegas to do it last 4-5 years but they couldn't do it. They didn't even speak out their minds. This time is different. Rory calls out Tiger. He speaks of his minds and will back his words.

People still want to believe in Tiger...like we do for Jack (vs. Tom W.) if they have a match right now. (I personally will cheer for Tom anyway)
Injuries or Personal life excuses are just 'Excuses'. He was beatable from day one of his professional career. Over 10+ years, no one (except few loud mouths) really haven't vocalized one's mind because they were afraid of failure (failure of not performing what they said that they will do, not Tiger). Last year, world ranked 150+ player like Y.E. Yang did it.

Don't you all think current world ranked 8th, & European tour ranked 11th, and most of all, hottest young rising golf player can't do it?

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

I am a country kid and I think that "if you anger the bull you're likely gonna get the horn". I am not a particular Woods fan but he is so talented that if he ever gets his head straight again Rory may live to regret that remark. But he's young and I suspect he'll learn.

Butch

People are making way too much over the comment. He was only responding to Tiger's game as it is in the present. I'll bet there a few Euro players who are thinking the very same thing...... but lack the "cahones" to say it.

Not too bothered about a McIlroy v Woods Ryder Cup match.
Firstly, McIlroy's never played the tournament.
Second, Woods is in a big-time slump right now
Third, Woods has never been that good in the Ryder Cup anyway.

Off-topic, but I'd much rather see a Major's final day pairing of Martin Kaymer and Rory McIlroy anyday ...by far the two best young players in golf today.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Dustin Johnson would bottle it, he's got a lot of problems with nerves.

I don't think DJ has nerve problems, he has mental game issues that he speeds up his game and tries too hard to over come mistakes. Slow him down and mature a little and he will be deadly.

I think Rory is a good golfer but he is just a streaky as the next guy. I would say Bubba is more consist than he is. You can see greatness in Rory but there is work to be done on his game as well.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He's sure been unstoppable in the US during his . . . one . . . victory.

Thank you.

what is Rory McIlroy some kind of second coming? He has yet to prove that he can contend on a consistent basis. He's played some good rounds, and some bad rounds. I'm a fan and I like his swing but I'm still not convinced he's going to be a major contender on the long run.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Much ado about nothing. What do you want Rory to say? Bottom line is Tiger's the best player on the planet (at least that’s what the world rankings say) but he is playing the worst golf of his career. Hell yes, now is the time to beat him.

Tiger fanboys unite.

Too funny. That's two hum-zingers today!

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Talk is cheap. "let's get it on!"

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Thank you.

Show me another 21 year old that's as good as him.And don't say Rickie, he's still winless.If you're talking about a golfer with potential Tiger - level talent, he could well be the 'second coming'.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

I think this is another case of someone's "quote" being taken out of context. In a setting where a question is being asked, it is very easy and makes sense to respond by saying you'll take your chances with Tiger right now. Based on what we have all seen so far this year, right now, (key words - right now) Rory's comments make sense and when taken out of context, can sound like a calling out (which I don't think was his intention).

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

God forbid someone fire it up in this at times dull sport. Go Rory!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Right now, McIlroy's more likely to win 2 Majors before Woods making his 15th...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Show me another 21 year old that's as good as him.And don't say Rickie, he's still winless.If you're talking about a golfer with potential Tiger - level talent, he could well be the 'second coming'.

About ten years ago it was Sergio, and I think Rory has a better chance at being the "next Sergio" than he does at being the "next Tiger"

Comparison consmarison.......he is a good player but he hasn't got anyone shaking in their footjoys yet. Pull a couple more victories like his first pga and we can talk. I think he has great potential don't get me wrong, but if we are comparing say Tiger's best, he is the orange to Tiger's apple.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

God forbid someone fire it up in this at times dull sport. Go Rory!

I agree. It seems like story lines are harder to come by in golf as opposed to other sports.

About ten years ago it was Sergio, and I think Rory has a better chance at being the "next Sergio" than he does at being the "next Tiger"

You must be joking.Sergio's problem is his temperament.I dunno if you noticed but Rory's one of the more laid back players on tour.I'm not saying he'll be a 14 time major winner, but he'll do alright.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

slight age differnce and AK's been around for a couple more years but I'll put AK (pre-surgery) to contend with Rory Mcilroy. Rory is sitting on one win... sure he's young and its a nice breath of fresh air to see someone so young and talented contend. and I won't deny it, the guy has a beautiful swing and plays a mean game but lets not get a head of ourselves over one win. He has a lot to prove still.

I think his statement is fun and ballsy and I can respect him for that but I'll let the game do the talking. As for AK, here are some numbers comparing the two. A bit lacking in driver accuracy, but AK contends in any other number. You have to remember the guy just had surgery on his thumb and isn't playing his best, but just a year or so ago, AK was what Rory is now. Every year or two there will be some new young guy to come and win and everybody will think he's the second coming...but again, with one win, I'm not holding my breath for anyone. Anthony Kim: scoring average: 69.57 Driving distance: 290 Driving accuracy: 54.08% GIR %: 68.85% Scrambling: 64.33% Putts per round: 28.79 Rory McIlroy scoring average: 70.93 Driving Distance: 300.4 Driving Accuracy: 62.15% GIR: 66.11% Scrambling: 61.89% Putts per round: 29.10

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!