IGNORED

Quickie Pitching Video - Golf Pitch Shot Technique

iacas
Note: This thread is 1353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This whole thing is a perfect example of you can lead a horse to water but you can't teach em how to pitch. No wait that's not right is it?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the stare you give the video before you take your swing. I am thinking you are thinking, "Hey you watch this".  Awesome job though. When you hit a good pitch shot you get that very short clip sound that the club really picks the ball off the ground.

Famous last words... Hey y'all, hold my beer and watch this! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Ok ,at least I'm in good company,Phil,Lee and me- all wrong.......but still not quite convinced.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

• Administrator

Is there something wrong with what Mickelson and Trevino have shown.

I highlighted the important word:

They're SHOWING precisely what I have instructed golfers to do.

I did not realize that there was such a big blind spot when it comes to flipping the wrists at impact.This includes the full swing as well.

This thread isn't about the full swing. For the full swing, I'll refer you to Key #3 here: http://purestrike5sk.com/ .

Am I the only one that thinks flipping the club at impact is a common  AM problem that PROs don't have.

Yes. Huge issue. Probably the biggest in golf. But for the full swing…

Iacas, & David in FL...thanks for the input.All I can say is that pros have firm non-flipping left wrists at impact and I will go with Mickelson and Trevino on this.

Good. I'll refer you to the images above.

Like the putting action,the wrists need to be taken out of the equation thus removing the flippy inconsistencies.

The putting motion involves a little wrist action as well. OT for this thread, but… just thought I'd share. :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shhhh, secret sauce! Makes the Hogan Roll taste less dry.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

ARE YOU POSTING on a phone or something that DOES NOT let you see PICTURES? [quote name="freedrop" url="/t/39411/quickie-pitching-video-golf-pitch-shot-technique/252#post_947965"]Ok ,at least I'm in good company,Phil,Lee and me- all wrong.......but still not quite convinced. [/quote]
  • Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Freedrop do you really think what your watching is happing how you are describing it? Phil is not I repeat IS NOT doing what he is saying at 1;01. You don't understand that what Phil is saying and what he is doing isn't one in the same.

Thanks all ,good debate,doesn't look like anyone is crossing lines though.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

• Administrator

Ok ,at least I'm in good company,Phil,Lee and me- all wrong.......but still not quite convinced.

Let's look at the pictures posted:

So if you're in the Phil/Lee camp, you're in the camp that bends or breaks or folds the lead wrist. Just like I talk about in the first video.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Freedrop do you really think what your watching is happing how you are describing it? Phil is not I repeat IS NOT doing what he is saying at 1;01. You don't understand that what Phil is saying and what he is doing isn't one in the same.

Jakester....it is a matter of split second timing,I think you are picking up on the action too late in the swing.

• Administrator

Jakester....it is a matter of split second timing,I think you are picking up on the action too late in the swing.

Did you look at the picture of me hitting pitches?

What is your point now? Because we've shown you pretty convincingly that what Phil and Lee SAY they are doing is not what they are ACTUALLY doing.

The wrist isn't flipped PRIOR to impact, but it isn't IN MY PITCHING TECHNIQUE either.

IACAS....a slightly cupped wrist may be due to a more open face being used for a shorter higher shot,but the wrist is not flipping at impact.....David in FL is flipping.

Again, what he says is not what he actually does. Check out those Trevino pics I posted.

Demonstrating on the left, real shot on the right. Can see how quickly the club/shaft passes.

Dude, if you can't CLEARLY see that what Phil is DESCRIBING he's going to do (left picture) and what he ACTUALLY does (right picture) are two completely different actions, then I don't really know what to tell you.

And nobody is saying that Lee, Phil, etc. don't know how to pitch (quite the opposite, actually) ... we're simply saying that they don't really know how to explain it well.  They are doing it right, they just don't know exactly what it is that they're doing. ;)

• Upvote 1

They are doing it right, they just don't know exactly what it is that they're doing. ;)

Golfingdad......I think saying Phil and Lee don't know exactly what it is they are doing ,but you do, is a bit rich.

ARE YOU POSTING on a phone or something that DOES NOT let you see PICTURES?

Perhaps the pictures aren't loud enough? Does anyone know how to adjust the volume on them?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
IACAS....a slightly cupped wrist may be due to a more open face being used for a shorter higher shot,but the wrist is not flipping at impact.....David in FL is flipping.

You can't say @David in FL is flipping PRIOR to impact. You don't know that. After all, you think Phil and Lee aren't flipping at all, when clearly they are.

I'm not using a "more open" clubface in the video I've included in posts above. That's incorrect.

Dude, if you can't CLEARLY see that what Phil is DESCRIBING he's going to do (left picture) and what he ACTUALLY does (right picture) are two completely different actions, then I don't really know what to tell you.

QFT.

And nobody is saying that Lee, Phil, etc. don't know how to pitch (quite the opposite, actually) ... we're simply saying that they don't really know how to explain it well.  They are doing it right, they just don't know exactly what it is that they're doing. ;)

Ditto (QFT2).

Golfingdad......I think saying Phil and Lee don't know exactly what it is they are doing ,but you do, is a bit rich.

Do you not see the many pictures of "what they do?" It's not "rich" to use your eyes to recognize basic shapes.

Phil and Lee SAY they do one thing, but then DO something different. What they ACTUALLY do is very much inline with what I describe in this video and others.

Just use some common sense and look at the pictures.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 1353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!