IGNORED

What Kind of Person Do You Have to Be...

colin007
Note: This thread is 4989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Converse case. I found a crappy ladies Nickent wedge (lime green shaft and all) on the edge of the 14th green at my club and threw it in the back of the cart. Went in to the pro shop after the round to turn it in and the owner is right there at the desk filling out her contact details. "That's mine!" she says, grabs it from me, shoots me a dirty look and takes off. Still wondering what exactly was going through her head? I sneaked up on her four ball out on the course using my ninja skills, yanked it from her bag and was about to convert it into $4.27 in cash? Pro shrugged, I shrugged, went to get a beer. The end.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask your playing partners to check their bags.

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

I always return clubs. But never needed the favor returned myself I usually just jog w/e 500+ yards back to the green if I have to because if I left something it would be my CG15 60 and I would notice that on the next hole anyways. A few times its been in someones bag but I think it would be hard for them to lie to your face.

Although one time my friend left his brand new 56* wedge at a course. We called and asked if they had it the next day, the guy on the phone said yeah they will hold it, so when we go in a few days later to play again a different worker claims that he cant find it. We could see it in the backroom it had very noticable black/yellow grips and the guy still acted like he couldnt find, despite us pointing at it. We just gave up and played it was pretty stupid he *just assumed* I think that we were trying to steal it >:(
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I guess I didn't think about the every 3-4 month, or extremely occasional golfer. I am playing a round at that course today and will return the club.

Maybe you're not so bad after all. I'm glad you have decided to do the right thing. Good deal.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

I usually leave my club where I'll be walking off the green but I also throw my glove on top of it, haven't lost a club yet. I've never found a club either, I'm sure I'd turn it in but when I figure out if it's because I'm a good guy or just left handed I'll let you guys know!

do they have small penises?

I think the correct spelling is "penii" ('peen-eye) when you're talking about a multitude of penis :)..... obviously, kidding!!!!

My buddy loses a couple of clubs a year, but that's because they end up in a lake or hung up in trees..... barbaric but fun to watch!
Taylormade Burner 09 Driver / Taylormade Burner 09 3 Wood / King Cobra Baffler 19*(Rail H) & 26* / Ping G5 Irons 5-U / Cleveland 588 56* & 60* / Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy / Bridgestone E6 balls

Found a PW yesterday on the green. It had to be the foursome ahead of us, so I drove on, caught them and gave it back. Returned to the green with karma beau coups. Two putted for a par.

Contrast that with June when I left a $19 no name rescue club next to a fairway trap. Realized it at the next tee box and went back immediately. The two some behind us were on the green and said they didn't see it. There was no club by the bunker. Right.

My buddy loses a couple of clubs a year, but that's because they end up in a lake or hung up in trees..... barbaric but fun to watch!

Funny story - buddy did this a couple of weeks ago with his PW (threw it into OB trees over a fence).... very next hole he was #xx yards out from a green over water and I said, "Man, that's a perfect pitching wedge shot for you..." He didn't think it was quite so funny.

Taylormade Burner 09 Driver / Taylormade Burner 09 3 Wood / King Cobra Baffler 19*(Rail H) & 26* / Ping G5 Irons 5-U / Cleveland 588 56* & 60* / Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy / Bridgestone E6 balls

I put labels on my clubs with my name and phone number. I hope that will guilt a person into returning it if I lose it. One trick I was told was to lay your wedge on top of the flag stick while putting.

IMO if you keep a found golf club, you won't go to hell. Instead, you'll end up playing behind eternities slowest foursome at Heaven crappiest course have 1123 years waiting to tee off at each hole.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I put labels on my clubs with my name and phone number. I hope that will guilt a person into returning it if I lose it. One trick I was told was to lay your wedge on top of the flag stick while putting.

Oh man that would throw my game off.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I left a one year old 52* Vokey at one of the courses in my home town.. I called 3 times a day, and visited the course 3 or 4 times in two weeks... After the two weeks... i gave up and learned that somebody took it.. never been so disappointed in my life... i cant believe there are people out there that would do that to others...

Driver:Titleist 910 D3

3 Wood Cleveland XLS Hibore
4 Hybird: Cleveland Launcher 4 Iron
Irons: Titleist AP2 irons 4-PW
Wedges: Titlesit 52 degree spin milled Titleist 56 degree spin milled Titleist 60 degree Spin Milled   
Putter: Studio Select 2 Midslant Scotty Cameron

I work at a golf course, and whenever I find a club, I always take it back to the clubhouse and see if someone calls about it to get it back. I wouldn't want someone taking mine, and I'm sure other people don't want people taking theirs.

It makes you wonder about the source of all the single irons for sale on ebay. I left my Scotty Cameron on the practice green and went to the tenth tee for league. I called the proshop to see if anyone turned it in. No. I asked them to check the green. No. This is a public course and the motto is "putters never get turned in" I finished the round with a borrowed putter. I dropped the tail gate to put my bag in and along side of the bed was my putter. I don't know who returned it to me but it had to be someone who knew me and my truck. I still haven't found who to thank after a week but someone has a drink coming. Not everyone is a thief at a public course.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

I had my 3 wood stolen from my bag today. I have had it like 2 weeks now, and my cart partner and I both go walking down a hill to find his ball, get back up there and it's gone.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

Not surprised that a lot of clubs don't get returned, it's a messed up world we live in. I'd actually assume that my club wasn't going to be returned if I lost it at a local public course.

I had my 3 wood stolen from my bag today. I have had it like 2 weeks now, and my cart partner and I both go walking down a hill to find his ball, get back up there and it's gone.

wow, where do you play? I think I will steer clear of that area. That is insane.

A few weeks ago I was playing and somehow lost my driver cover. I realize I lost it pretty early on, but I couldnt just stop my round and go walking around looking for it so I just figured it a loss. When I finish playing I ask some of the guys working there if they had seen it. Someone saw it blowing across a fairway and picked it up and brought it back to the club house. I was so happy that someone returned it because I had just ordered the club not more then a week ago and it'd piss me off if I had to use some cheap head cover on my burner.

I understand the people doing it because the greed in people never seems to amaze me. Thats why I bring my clubs every where I walk on the course. I leave them by windows when I go into the club house and I bring them with when I go buy a bucket of balls and whatnot. Never can be to safe.

Note: This thread is 4989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!