IGNORED

Your Longest Drive ever

majorchamp
Note: This thread is 4975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Woot!

Why this thread? Seriously, why?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit my 3wood around 275 a couple weeks ago and that's the longest I've had this year (and all time probably). My driver usually stays in the bag. Need to practice with it more

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

Is it not standard procedure to bring up the subject of distance on a weekly basis?

and here i thought this forum was getting boring. now its getting interesting again!

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I hit it over the mountains, once

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

• Administrator
417 yards. Rock hard, downhill, downwind. Ball flew 340 or so.

Level ground, "normal" fairways, no wind or sprinkler heads or cart paths... 333. Flew about 300 and rolled out the rest. Was in a scramble and we had a drive at about 270 in play, so I let it go.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Soon as I can get the cart up to full speed before getting to the ball I will let ya know.

Geomax 16 reg - driver
G10 17 4 wood reg
Sumo2 20 hybrid Reg
MX-100 4h, 5h, 6-gap Reg
MP T 10 56.10, 60.08Bullseye putter

I really have no idea how long my longest drive was. The other day I was on the fringe of a 555 yard Par 5 with Driver then 3h. I don't know how long each shot was but I'd say the drive was easily my longest of the season.

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

285 yards, 3W. Pured it, slight draw -----> long roll on hard, dry downhill fairway (but no wind assist). Proceeded to boot the wedge and end up with bogey.
Distance confirmed with two GPS's. I've prolly hit driver further (with lots of positive factors) but this 3W is still the sweetest.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

348 with 3 witnesses. my local range has a fence at the 305 mark and If I were to hit 10 drives I'd probably put 8 over the fence. being 6'3", having arms 4"longer than normal for my height, and being young and very flexible = tons of reproduceable clubhead speed. My average drive for the last 8 rounds I've played is 309 yards.

Nice, your right up there with DJ and Bubba.

Hit one on 500 yard par 5 to 150 yard marker.

« Keith »

longest, 350 on a par 5. 500 yard hole and had exactly 150 to the green. that was wind behind height of summer with firm fairways.

normally i shrimp it around 260.

Driver - Callaway FTI
3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha
Irons - Mizuno MX100
Putter - TaylorMade Itsy Bitsy Spider
Ball - White round ones

348yds middle of the fairway, caught the backside of a ridge and kept on rolling. This was at Cherry Blossom in Georgetown, KY. The carts have gps and they measure distance from the tee boxes. My average distance that day was 294yds. Of the 11 drives i noted.

Gibson Bay Golf Course

According to the course guide it was around 260-280 meters. Downhill, downwind and downslope landing spot.

Pulled the 4 iron into some bushes, chunked it short of the green, up and down for par 5.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

About 308 yards on a 348 yards par 4. And this is was on a day after pulling an all-nighter.
I was stunned that I hit that far. My drives averages about 250 yards when I'm in good condition.

Wasn't been able to pull that kind of drive ever since. But to be honest, I'm pretty happy with my 250 yards drive as long as I hit it consistently.

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

On a normal hole, straight away, no bouncing off cart path or yardage markers, no downhill help, 438 yards, and in an official long drive contest with grid and precision measurements, 352 yards, this latter number after passing 60 years old (62 or 63 I think.) Modern equipment and balls helps for sure. Now I am just average length and struggling, wishing for those yards to come back, knowing they will not, and watching that handicap creep upwards. Now a 300 yarder is rare, and I need a little wind. My goal is to hit one 300 yards at age 70 in a few years, even if I have to find a hurricane wind to help me do it.

RC

I hit one about 310 once. I was hitting it solid so I was playing from the tips at the local muni. I was on #1 with a bunch of high school kids behind me waiting to start their league play. I hit one of those "I never felt it leave the clubface" shots and it took off like a rocket. It went at least 300 in the air because it cleared a bunker that started at about 280 and was at least 15 yards deep. The kids were all mumbling about the shot and I walked off like I did it all the time.

In my Sasquatch stand bag
Driver: G5 10.5*
Fairway wood: R9 4 wood
Irons: R7 3-PW OR Firesole 3-PW
Wedges: VR 52-10 56-14 & 260-4Putter: TraceyShoe: Powerband 3.0

I hit one about a couple months ago at Indian Hills at Mt Vernon IL. 6th hole, 556 yard downhill par 5 with a mile wide landing area. Was really dry at the time so the ground was rock hard too. I hit a low rocket that bounced and rolled to about 285-290. Hit another one a similar distance at Mcleansboro IL earlier this year on the 6th hole there, a short par 5 (452 yards)from an elevated tee and reached it in 2 with a 7 iron for the second shot, wind was helping that day as well. I dont get those very often, usually about 235-240 is a great drive for me but every once in a while Ill catch one just perfect under optimum conditions.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

460 yard par 4, and I hit a 51* pin high for my second shot. That makes it a 350 yard drive.

335 yard par 4, 10 yards from front. 325 yard.

331 yard par 4, 20 yards off the front. 311 yard.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Note: This thread is 4975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!