IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who knocks in the striker eraser from 60 yards????

It looks like a woman's shot to me. Lower trajectory, a little less spin, a few hops and a little roll out perhaps? I'm saying it's one of the women, and it's either Laser-Sara or back on her iron game after a bad show Sneaker Girl.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

• Administrator
Watched the show last night and enjoyed it. Not sure why Football called out Lori. She is player and doesn't quit so I would have thought he would have selected someone else. More curious to me is why the men didn't send out Brian. He is a loose cannon and benching him would probably make the men's team stronger. Now everyone on the men's team has a strike.

Lori's a lousy putter though. I would have called out Christina. She hasn't played in a benching challenge yet and her game seems to vary quite a bit. But I can't say Lori was a bad choice.

Brian's made roughly one good shot this entire show, so sending him out would have been stupid, IMHO. And really, why does Football not simply aim left? He's a stroke up. Even playing for a safe bogey there's no guarantee Lori doesn't also bogey or Football makes a mid-range putt for par. He'd win or tie. Going right was the LAST thing he could do there. Stupid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He did not aim left for the same reason he did not lag putt on the last hole. Bad strategic play. He was excellent during the hot rock treatment. Kept his head down, weight evenly distributed, etc. Did the employee who rubbed Lori earn extra $?

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Just checked on a Big Break Sandals alum: Carling finished DFL in the Lorena Ochoa Invitational this weekend. I don't think she did many birdie dances.

Actually, Carling had 8 birdies, and at least one in every round. She was a huge hit with the Mexican fans and press. After the event Carling said she was leaving town with zero golf balls or gloves, every one long since distributed to the fans.

I think the reaction she's received during the two LPGA events has provided false hope toward many sponsors exemptions in 2011. Carling posted on Twitter that she hoped to make her way to LPGA status via that route. Regardless, for reference purposes the $8000 last place check is the equivalent of 2nd or 3rd in a typical Futures Tour event. And it's considerably more than Sara earned on the Futures Tour in either 2009 or 2010. Carling has a Dubai event in a few weeks, the second half of her Big Break exemptions. She'll face a cut there, unlike last week. Dubai typically has a cut in the +4 range. *** I can't believe Football chose Lori. These players must not have internet access during the competition. Lori was having her best season in years prior to filming in June, with a 4th and a 7th. Sara had one finish above 50th, and that was a pedestrian 30th. As iacas posted, Christina was the logical choice. Her swing is long and can be erratic. She hadn't played in a Benching Challenge. In her one full hole that wasn't a par 3, Brian handed it to her with a shot in the rocks. Christina made bogey. The two times Lori has been called out (other time teamed with Blair) may alter the outcome of this series. I mentioned the Strike Eraser shot on a circle challenge a couple of weeks ago. They hid that clip for more than a month after using it early. I agree, it will likely be a woman. Sara losing control is always a treat. Apparently more to follow. Never has reputation on this show so veered from reality, IMO. Extreme kudos to A-Rod for pointing out her hypocrisy. Too bad many of the men were intent on mending their reps in this series, and mostly kept quiet. As someone else posted, this episode could be subtitled, "Women act like asses and can't back it up." Well summarized. I'm guessing the final episode might be 2 hours. Plenty of strikes needed to finish off either team. I doubt they want to give out cheap strikes down the stretch, as opposed to several holes, or similar. This Big Break is impressive since it's gaining steam and intrigue late. Most versions peak in the middle.

Well Awsi, I recieved my 11/22 thru 12/5 issue of the "What's Worth Watching" magazine, TV Guide and they list the last BB Dominican episode(11/30) as a one hr. time slot. Although the listings that they publish are sometimes flat out wrong.

I'm scratching my head as well though, wondering how they plan to eliminate so many players in two hrs. TVG says that on the 11/23 episode "a player becomes sick". If that player is not a benched one and they have to quit that would be one less contestant to account for.

All shall be revealed in time I guess.

BTW, about Carling...she did play better in her final round (72) and GC did show a birdie dance on the first day of coverage. Really hope she plays well at Dubai but the long trip and the spotlight as BB winner could make it tough for her to hold on to her game.
LPGA desperately needs more American players like Carling.

Damn Bryan!! Did you just call your swing "gorgeous"? (the one that ended up in the rough?)

You're money man, you're such a douche bag its hysterical!

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Damn Bryan!! Did you just call your swing "gorgeous"? (the one that ended up in the rough?)

that was awsome!!........then it hooks hard left right into the long stuff!! hahaha!

his swing make me laugh too.......looks terrible for an assitant pro...not that mine is betterm but im no pro,......
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

The form, the balance, the takeaway, it was effortless power. Everything was gorgeous!

(Except for a sh1tty club path and closed face that caused that sucker to duck left towards some old Dominican fellow's backyard. Anyone else notice when Andrew, Blake and Christina all hit the ball over there they were either calling it a "poor swing" afterwards - Gulianai, or pissed as he11 when the ball had not even reached it's apex yet -Blake, Christina. Brian is an absolute mental midget with a club in his hand, or a camera/microphone nearby on a golf course. He might be a nice guy, but the hamster on the wheel inside his head is running as fast as he possibly can - things still don't work right up there.) As for naming the episode "girls act like asses and can't back it up".... I do like the mind games they are trying. It's entertaining. Not what I would coach or try myself, but how can you not laugh at them? "Nice Outfit" to Guliani's horrific mess. Brain's ridonkculous black shoes and big white socks. Glossy Possy all over the place (I've been saying for weeks the men should counter with "HAIRY POSSE!" but that would lead to too many internet typos and men in trouble. Also a few pronunciation/Freudian slips would get the network in trouble. I'm going to rename my renaming of the episode. "Girls act like the things their cute shorts were covering and can't back it up."

I think this is a good bit of editing...he was probably being sarcastic or he was referencing something else. Just another example how the producers can possibly twist things.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

He probably was looking at Elena's ass.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I think this is a good bit of editing...he was probably being sarcastic or he was referencing something else. Just another example how the producers can possibly twist things.

But the guy says something similar every show, sometimes every segment. "I wanna b a Superstar" "I'm hands down the most talented player here" "Nobody can hit this shot like I can". "the swing was effortless" "let my talent take over and dominate"

I'm paraphrasing a little... But he says it ALL the time.

I didn't catch a few of the early episodes, but I watched the last three last night when I got off work. I agree with whoever said this season is actually getting better as it progresses. I'm usually ready to get to the Finals and end it, but this one has me intrigued. I've always been a Blair fan, so I'll be cheering for her to make it far. As for the guys, I'm not really a fan of any of them. The momentum keeps shifting back and forth though, and it's going to make for an exciting finish to the season. I'm ready to see who holes the long shot next episode.

As for Brian, give me a break man. Surely this guy can't really think like that all the time.

man football blew that last hole. Lori definitly wasnt on top of her game these past couple shows, she lucked out because she would of been permanitly benched. Her iron swings today looked hideous, and her max drive yardage is like 220, She had 143 yards to the pin and she had a hybrid out, lol. I cant believe that one girl outdrove all the guys with a 280 drive, thats pretty far

and theres no way Id put Brian in the benching challenge. He needs to earn the spot to play in it and he definitly hasnt so far

Just a thought, I've had total post wiped out but I see things in here and other threads that make me go hmmm. :rollingeyesandwondering:

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

And really, why does Football not simply aim left? He's a stroke up. Even playing for a safe bogey there's no guarantee Lori doesn't also bogey or Football makes a mid-range putt for par. He'd win or tie. Going right was the LAST thing he could do there. Stupid.

Now there is the $64,000 question. He had a stroke advantage so why not just put the ball in play even if the left rough. Hard not to like a fellow country boy but he has made a couple of bad mental mistakes on the show. This time it cost him.

I also wonder what happened to Brian. He has always had an inflated concept of his abilities, but I seem to recall that he was at least average on his last BB showing. Now he seems inept at everything and I have to wonder what is going on with him.

Butch

But the guy says something similar every show, sometimes every segment. "I wanna b a Superstar" "I'm hands down the most talented player here" "Nobody can hit this shot like I can". "the swing was effortless" "let my talent take over and dominate"

I agree. That dude could shank one right off the toe, hitting it at a 90deg angle, killing a cameraman in the process and still talk about how "Pure" the swing was. I bet he'd be a complete joy to play a nice Sunday round with. *Sarcasim off*

my get up and go musta got up and went..

A very spoilery preview video for next week is up on The Golf Channel .com WARNING - you will see th eidentity of the cheater that Sara is calling out, you will see who sinks the strike eraser (not definitively, but it looks pretty obvious to me), more on the Elana and Brain "love", and some catfighting by the ladies.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/big-br...&select2;=14756

A very spoilery preview video for next week is up on The Golf Channel .com

you could tell it was a lady that hit the strike eraser in the first preview shown last tuesday (even tho they tried to confuse everyone to make them think it was a guy) because its a wedge shot and the ball has no spin on it when it goes in the hole. It bounces twice towards the hole and goes in, all the guys wedge shots have been spinning like crazy so I was pretty convinced it was on the girls team anyway

Note: This thread is 2781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!