IGNORED

Best Fast Food

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Personally, In N Out, Subway, Chipotles, and maybe The Hat, an LA area pastrami shop (though that's only borderline fast food) are my favorites. Far, far better than Chipotle's is Anna's Tacqueria in Brookline, Cambridge, Somerville, MA (maybe elsewhere now), but I don't get out there any more.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My definition of fast food=drive through window food served and paid for in 7 minutes. Thus Quiznos, Subway, Freebird's Burrito, and Chipotle don't meet my criteria.

Best breakfast=Jack in the Box breakfast bowl or Whataburger breakfast taquitos
Best burger=In and Out. I'm gonna be in PHX in three days. It'll be my first stop
Best fries=In and Out vs Steak and Shake
Best Shake=Braum's
Best taco/burrito=Taco Cabana
Best desert=Dairy Queen Blizzard vs Wendy's Frosty

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I guess I define fast food as (loosely) any restaurant without a wait staff. Or course there are exceptions each way, but basically that's how I define it.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure of my favorite place, but I will say that In-N-Out has the best fast food burgers and the

Worse than BK fries?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Best fast food fried chicken
tie: Popeye's (has a Louisianna cajun flavor) and Pollo Campero (Latin American/South American arroz con pollo flavor)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I have three kids (14, 12, 6) in private school and I can say without a doubt that the Wendy's 99 cent Double Stack and the Burger King $1.09 Double Cheesburger both beat the $1 McDouble. When the oldest two are in college at the same time I will be eating half burgers at that point and will report back on which half burger is most filling.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

I guess I define fast food as (loosely) any restaurant without a wait staff. Or course there are exceptions each way, but basically that's how I define it.

.....or ones that try to use the word "restaurant" as often as possible in their advertising.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Not sure of my favorite place, but I will say that In-N-Out has the best fast food burgers and the

I wouldn't say they're the worst. The worst I've had were Del Taco---completely flavorless.

The thing with In-N-Out fries is that they're just freshly-fried potatoes. Most places do a two-stage frying process with a freeze in between (both for shipping and for the effect it has on the fries). I find the In-N-Out are a lot better if you get them immediately, they go south quickly if left to sit. Also it helps a ton if you order them well-done. With those two steps taken, I think they're pretty good.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I wouldn't say they're the worst. The worst I've had were Del Taco---completely flavorless.

I agree that they're a lot better when ordered well-done, but still one of my least favorite fries. Would be great if I could get In-N-Out burgers and McDonald's fries at the same place.

The worst I've had were Del Taco---completely flavorless.

I've never had them, but considering it's a Mexican fast food joint I would say they aren't experts at fries. I would guess that a McDonald's Taco wouldn't be so hot either

I'm not a big fan of the In N Out fries either. They definitely have to be hot and fresh, and I usually add more salt to them. SRJ
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Did you say 30 years ago or in the 1930s. If What Castle or whoever claims to have invented drive-in restaurants then everything else they say is to be take with a grain of salt - not 10 000 grains like the typical fast food meal.

Witty as always Sean. I think ive watched enough fast food shows on the Travel Channel to know white castle has been around since the 50's at least.

Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I know it's used a lot but Five Guys is a great fast food place. Great food. And I haven't heard anyone say Zaxby's? I don't know if that's a Florida thing or not. I have never been myself but my brother says it's the best fast food ever. Anyone been there? I'm quite tempted now...

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

And I haven't heard anyone say Zaxby's? I don't know if that's a Florida thing or not. I have never been myself but my brother says it's the best fast food ever. Anyone been there? I'm quite tempted now...

Zaxby's kickin' chicken sammiches, and chicken salads are good.

Honorable mention goes to Jack in the Box seasoned curly fries as well...

in my bag
cheap 9.5 driver
hybrid
Altron irons
wedgescheap putter balls

Note: This thread is 4912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!