IGNORED

Longest you've gone without touching a golf club?

RubxQub
Note: This thread is 4935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...and I don't mean to go out and play a round or hit some balls at the range. I'm just talking about how long have you gone without ever putting your hands on some clubs in general.

Ever since I took an extreme interest in this game (a little over a year ago), I haven't been able to put my clubs down. I literally don't think I've gone a day without touching my clubs in some way. Whether that's to take a few practice swings in the house, take them out to the range, run out to a Dick's and gawk at all the gear you can't afford...whatever. I've always got a 7 iron in our family room just waiting for me to run over and take some swings with it.

I just can't help myself.

What's the longest you've gone without touching some clubs?

Hmm... probably 3 years, during college, never really played.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

About 5 years. I used to play every weekend, and as my game was deteriorating I decided to take a hiatus for a few months. The few months grew into a year, then 2, then about 5 years before I was coerced to join in charity tournament hosted by a large company who was one of our customers. Amazingly I played decently without any warm up (the course turned out to not have a range) so I went out cold on the first tee having literally not hit a single ball in years! It got me interested in playing again, so when I started again I took some lessons to help get rid of a lot of bad habit before I reinforced them all over again. And I've been obsessively hooked ever since.

18 months until I got out of county jail.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

About 30 years. Played & caddied when I was a teenager of 16, didn't start back up until I was 47.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

About 2 weeks.

Yea that was the longest 2 weeks of my life...

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I unfortunatly have a illness that prevents me from playing and practising. So when im sick I will have around 8 weeks till I get better usually and I wont pick up a club the whole time. I just focus on getting better and resting.

I find when I do pick up a club when im sick, I end up going out and hitting atleast 5-10 balls and then it just makes sicker. When Im sick if I do exersise, my muscles just all titen up and get fluid. :(

But I really don't lose anything not playing for 8-12 weeks. Played my first game for around 12 weeks, a few weeks ago, shot 2 under. So breaks don't do much to me, aslong as I spend time on the putting green the morning I actully go back to play.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Since I started golfing last May I don't think I've gone a day without touching a club. In the Winter though I probably went a day here or there without taking a swing or something.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

whenever sickness or work stops me. Even then, I'd always take 5 minute breaks to go out and swing or chip in the garden to relax.

AP2 710's (4-P) / s400
909D X-Stiff
909F X-Stiff
909H X-Stiff
Vokey Wedges 53deg/58deg / s300 White Hot XG #1

15 months. Broke my shoulder in April of '09, surgery on it July of '09, got diagnosed with A.S. in May 2010, able to swing a club again in August. Killed my game. Swing had to totally change due to loss of flexibility. It is coming back around though.

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

not touched one for a month currently while ive been at uni, thats the longest so far since i started playing 20 months ago

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

About 5 years. I played ALOT for a few years until i was about 17. Just started again. Hitting the ball better by the day..
Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

5 months this past winter. I played in Hawaii a few times in October and didn't touch a club again until March. I was fed up with my game at the time and just had no interest at all to play golf. I don't see that happening again, though. A week now is all I pretty much need to get my mind right again or to refuel my interest.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

In 35 years there probably hasn't been more than a month that I didn't at least hit a few balls or chip and put. A couple years ago I was rather busy and only played 18 holes once that year.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I've had probably three two-year stints here and there. During these times, I was in a "non-golf" mode so I could get other things done in life (and get back to golf).

If somebody came to town and wanted to play, I went with them. But, I would just show up at the course, hit a few warm-up shots, and go with it.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I hear ya OP!!!!!!

I started playing last year, averaging 2 rounds per week. However, for the last 3 months, work has squeezed out all my playing time. So this weekend, in serious need to swing a club, I played a round expecting my swing to a sloppy mess. Yeah, at times, it felt loose. But I actually shot my handicap. LOVED IT!

In my bag:

One for slicing
One for hooking
One for knocking it in the cup

46 years

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

All winter (December-April) here in Upstate NY

Varsity
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Note: This thread is 4935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!