IGNORED

Seriously Golf Channel?

gildea909
Note: This thread is 4910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by wannabe

I saw Hank Haney's the other night.

He talked about how Tiger practiced.  He said that one thing Tiger does is practice all nine shot trajectory and direction combinations with all clubs, so low, med, high trajectory with draw, straight, and fade directions.  He said this is a great way to see what really see what your swing is like.

Though I'm guessing other pros do this too, it was the first time I had ever heard someone talk about a pro, any pro, doing this.  Sobering to reflect on that level of skill.

Also, Hank mentioned that before going to the range, one should think on the few things to focus on when at the range, not just "hey, I'm going to hit balls".  That was instructive.

I've tried that a few times. It's really hard, especially the low shots for me. I can usually get about half way through and then I mess one up, though I have gotten all the way through on a few occasions. It takes a lot of concentration though, so it's good practice, especially when warming up.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most of this series has been so shit that it doesn't matter. And, the Dave Stockton stuff, which I actually care about, I already knew. Blah. I think TGC needs to find fewer excuses for Michael Breed to scream, "LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as well. Oh, and that morning show with Erik Kuselias (one of the biggest dumbasses at the dipsh*t orgy known as ESPN) sounds like a stinker too. Why can't they just run Playing Lessons with the Pros, which is the only show on that channel that's consistently good, golf tourneys, and the Hammer commercial all day?!?!?!?

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Okay, Golf Channel...

On the programming schedule today are the movies Point Break and Analyze This , neither of which contain any golf footage whatsoever.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

On the programming schedule today are the movies Point Break and Analyze This, neither of which contain any golf footage whatsoever.

Yeah, what was up with that. I saw "Analyze This" on the TV and had to check three times to see that I was watching Golf Channel. WTH?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Why exactly is the movie Point Break on the Golf Channel right now?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Wondering that myself. Not just once, it's been all day and it's on again tomorrow. A real head scratcher. I've never seen it but I wasn't aware of any golf theme to it.

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

I don't know why TGC doesn't do what every food/travel/lifestyle cable channel basically lives off and try a few man-on-the-move shows where a knowledgable and engaging host personality flies around playing on cool and/or historically interesting courses, BSing with former champions and old caddies etc., dispensing bits of golf lore, hitting new clubs and picking up odd nuggets of instruction. You can make that sort of series on a relative shoestring and, with the right presenter, they can be pretty entertaining. Lots of potentials for commercial tie-ins with the wider golf industry as well as for viewer interaction -- "Win a round with The Golf Hound" or whatever. Maybe they do this already and I just don't know about it, being currently outside their broadcast area?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

better than an infomercial for "the HAMMER"

POWWWW!

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

It is a good time to work on your swing this time of year. Of course in most of AZ we do that on an outdoor practice facility.

i hear that playin every day in tucson

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Why exactly is the movie Point Break on the Golf Channel right now?

Didn't you get the memo? They re-made the movie by changing the Dead Presidents from being surf bums to golf bums who have to rob banks so they can continue the lifestyle of chasing the endless summer. Keanu must learn the ways of the game (he buys Five Lessons and some Golf Digest mags from Lori Petty at the Golf shop) and convince these expert golfing bank robbers that he's one of them. Patrick Swayze is a mix between Bagger Vance, Ghandi, and Bruce Willis. He could have turned pro but he shunned the life exposed to that kind of spotlight....even though he probably wouldn't have to rob banks if he did turn pro. Life's full of contradictions. That's the beauty of the movie. And life.

Point Break is a great golf movie, but it's a little unrealistic that Johnny Utah becomes scratch in two weeks. That takes at least a month.

Constantine

At least they are filling the time between Analyze This and Point Break with Tin Cup!! They have only had that movie playing continuously for the last two months.  I would think that now might be a good time to try and hook people on the new shows they keep advertising for.  People generally don't have a lot of money to spend this time of year, so they might spend their night indoors...perhaps they will watch the new programming that they are going to launch in the new year. The GC just seems hit and miss a little lately.  They seem to be updating some of the advertising they are doing and the producing seems cool with a little technology and then they go and air these two ridiculous movies.  At least put on movies people will enjoy like "The Christmas Story" or "The Great Outdoors" (I know it's not a christmas movie, but a great one nonetheless).

BTW Havoc...that is a ridiculous avatar photo...wow!!!

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I emailed their head of programming and their acting president to ask what's up and see if this a change in direction for TGC or what. I made sure to tell them I wasn't impressed. Will be interesting to see if they respond.

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

Nice work Phils, do you have that contact info I would love to send them my input as someone new to the game. 12 Nights at the Academy was so great and then they follow it up with HBO rejects from a few years ago. I can see playing Caddyshack and Tin Cup at like 1am - 4am fine. But prime time come on. I am excited about the new early morning talk show they got coming out. Anyone else looking forward to that?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Originally Posted by PhilsRHman

I emailed their head of programming and their acting president to ask what's up and see if this a change in direction for TGC or what. I made sure to tell them I wasn't impressed. Will be interesting to see if they respond.

I would be seriously surprised if you get a response at all. Or if you do, they will lead you to believe that your "vote" actually counts for something like it does for the current "NEXT BIG TEACHER" search going on.  If there was another GC I would switch right away even if it only showed re-runs of the Hank Haney show...oh wait...wouldn't that make it the same station?

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Nice work Phils, do you have that contact info I would love to send them my input as someone new to the game. 12 Nights at the Academy was so great and then they follow it up with HBO rejects from a few years ago. I can see playing Caddyshack and Tin Cup at like 1am - 4am fine. But prime time come on. I am excited about the new early morning talk show they got coming out. Anyone else looking forward to that?

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/executives/

I tried first initial, last name at thegolfchannel.com which didn't bounce back. There are also phone numbers and a general contact form in which you can submit comments.

Originally Posted by Stretch

I don't know why TGC doesn't do what every food/travel/lifestyle cable channel basically lives off and try a few man-on-the-move shows where a knowledgable and engaging host personality flies around playing on cool and/or historically interesting courses, BSing with former champions and old caddies etc., dispensing bits of golf lore, hitting new clubs and picking up odd nuggets of instruction. You can make that sort of series on a relative shoestring and, with the right presenter, they can be pretty entertaining. Lots of potentials for commercial tie-ins with the wider golf industry as well as for viewer interaction -- "Win a round with The Golf Hound" or whatever. Maybe they do this already and I just don't know about it, being currently outside their broadcast area?

I watch a lot of the Travel Channel and Food channel and thought of the exact same thing awhile ago, even wrote down a bunch of different ideas that could be used along the exact same lines as some of those type shows and places that would be good.  Then I saw the show Destination Golf with that hot chick that does the Top 10 show, seems like that is the idea they were going for, just not quite as entertaining.  She doesn't play golf (doesn't look like it at least) and the show just seems to be off the target for some reason.  Give me a mic and I'd be glad to do a traveling show along the same lines but would actually be useful for the local golfer and traveling golfer.  Pretty much my dream job right there.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

Originally Posted by PhilsRHman

Quote:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/executives/

I tried first initial, last name at thegolfchannel.com which didn't bounce back. There are also phone numbers and a general contact form in which you can submit comments.

A lot of domains don't send out undeliverable notifications. That you didn't get one doesn't mean he received the email.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4910 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!