IGNORED

Master Teeing Off With an Iron Thread

GlobeGuy
Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Everytimeeq. Just above the ground. Slightly higher if i am trying to work it a lot.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was discussed less than a month ago on here...

But yes, I use a tee, any time I get the chance.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Yep, much easier.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I always use a tee on the par 3's.

nike.gifTour
ping.gifG10 Driver 9*
ping.gifG10 3Wood 15.5*ping.gifG10 5Wood 18.5*ping.gifG10 Irons 4- PWping.gifTour Wedges 50*, 56*, 60*odyssey.gifPutter 33" Sabertoothbridgestone.gifBall E6

Back to the original subject.

I tee it up so I get a clean lie or a little less than a groove above ground.

I think some players tee it up a tad higher when they want to get more spin on the ball.

I notice when I tee it up with irons, my divots are much more forward of the ball than when I hit off the fairway. Sometimes it'll start 2-3 inches in front of the ball. I rarely do that on the fairway.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmm

I am beginning to realize that I hate teeing up my irons except for like my 4-5i and even then I tee it just slightly off the ground. I noticed with my 6/7/8i I actually get more distance and control hitting off a sweet piece of grass and taking a little divot than off of a tee. Not sure why.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Other than par-3s, I rarely teed-off with irons because I can hit my fairway woods pretty straight. However, when I really need to, I would do everything like on a par-3. Tee the ball at the same height and just make a normal swing.

Just a quick question here, how high is your tee when you tee off with an iron.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I've stopped using tees on par 3's with my irons. I would normally tee it up just barely above ground level and I'd sky my tee shot and come up well short. I just hit it off the deck now with better results.

Just a quick question here, how high is your tee when you tee off with an iron.

If the teeing ground is properly mowed (that is, short), then I tee the ball so that the bottom of the ball is about even with tops of the blades of grass. If the tee box is a bit shaggy, then I may tee the ball lower, or I may just skip the tee if I can get the ball to sit up in the grass. I prefer to use a short or broken tee and use the first method most of the time.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i usually give myself a perfect lie with no tee. otherwise i plunge the tee all the way in the ground. but thats me.

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

I absolutly do not tee up an iron off the tee. The only thing that I tee up off the tee are my Driver and woods. Other than that I don't like to hit the ball thin, i like some grass there and I feel more confident in my shot sans a tee.
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

I have stopped using a tee with irons. Its a mental thing. I always hit it thin when its on a tee.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!