IGNORED

AimPoint Green Reading

Anyone order the dvds yet? I think I'm going to place the order right now.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you do give us a review please.

You may have already seen this but here's some info: http://aimpointgolf.com/dvd.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I was too lazy to look for my wallet last night, but I'll probably order it sometime this week.

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsc123

You may have already seen this but here's some info:

http://aimpointgolf.com/dvd.html

I just ordered it. I have taken the midpoint class and will review the DVD.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I just ordered it. I have taken the midpoint class and will review the DVD.

Nice. Let us know how it is.

I've taken Express and I'm thinking of getting the DVD so I can keep going back to it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just got it in.  I too took a midpoint class.  I can tell you since I've taken the class I had the fundamentals pretty much, and with this DVD I'm probably 90% of the way towards just fully using aimpoint express.  There are still a few questions.

He tells you how to do the calibration but you need the chart to do it really.  That could be a problem.  In short if you have taken a midpoint class or the earlier class with walking the circle and you want to change to express this video will get you mostly there!

Just got it in.  I too took a midpoint class.  I can tell you since I've taken the class I had the fundamentals pretty much, and with this DVD I'm probably 90% of the way towards just fully using aimpoint express.  There are still a few questions.  He tells you how to do the calibration but you need the chart to do it really.  That could be a problem.  In short if you have taken a midpoint class or the earlier class with walking the circle and you want to change to express this video will get you mostly there!

How effective do you think the DVD would be for someone who has not taken any aimpoint courses?

Actually, I think it would be really difficult.  I had the benefit of having them teach me the slope differences etc...  It's hard to just pick up and learn that on your own.  In addition there are some things that you don't get from the DVD that make it very tough to do it the right way.

I would say that this DVD would be PERFECT for someone who doesn't have any experience with aimpoint to get right before a lesson.  That way you come in knowing some fundamentals..

My instructor taught me Express a couple of weeks ago, and the reads have definitely improved. I'm still not 100% on the different levels (I often mistake 1's for 2's, that sort of thing), but I'm getting better. Now, if I could only stop blocking putts.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Actually, I think it would be really difficult.  I had the benefit of having them teach me the slope differences etc...  It's hard to just pick up and learn that on your own.

Nah, that's easy-peasy. 1= barely noticeable 4= holy slopes batman! 2&3 are somewhere between the two. The key is not to agonize over it.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just got it in.  I too took a midpoint class.  I can tell you since I've taken the class I had the fundamentals pretty much, and with this DVD I'm probably 90% of the way towards just fully using aimpoint express.  There are still a few questions.

He tells you how to do the calibration but you need the chart to do it really.  That could be a problem.  In short if you have taken a midpoint class or the earlier class with walking the circle and you want to change to express this video will get you mostly there!

@MattM

Would you mind writing a review in the Equipment section?  I will be doing that after I get mine.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

When you say the DVD would get us "mostly there", what's missing?

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff

Well....A definitive way of "calibrating" your arm angles etc..  You can't buy the chart he shows in the DVD.  Also, I really think that it's benefitial to have someone who is a professional teach the "feel the slope" with your feet portion.  It's hard to just pick up and learn that on your own (in my opinion).

Unlike what Ernest Jones said, the slope feeling is the most important thing to get (again, in my opinion).  The difference between a 2 and a 3 is huge and if you get that wrong you will DEFINATELY miss the put.  Also, in this video Mark Sweeney talks about getting a 2.5 or 2.75.  I think that definately something that should be taught up front.  Also, the asian chick is super hot (again, in my opinion. lol).

Well....A definitive way of "calibrating" your arm angles etc..  You can't buy the chart he shows in the DVD.  Also, I really think that it's benefitial to have someone who is a professional teach the "feel the slope" with your feet portion.  It's hard to just pick up and learn that on your own (in my opinion). Unlike what Ernest Jones said, the slope feeling is the most important thing to get (again, in my opinion).  The difference between a 2 and a 3 is huge and if you get that wrong you will DEFINATELY miss the put.  Also, in this video Mark Sweeney talks about getting a 2.5 or 2.75.  I think that definately something that should be taught up front.  Also, the asian chick is super hot (again, in my opinion. lol).

I built my own calibration device, I did it on a long ruler that I can just put next to the hole.. Maybe not as fancy as what ever is in the dvd but I only care about functionality ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

How did you make it to scale or know to make it to scale?  Please PM me that question I'm sure they wouldn't like us divulging that....

How did you make it to scale or know to make it to scale?  Please PM me that question I'm sure they wouldn't like us divulging that....

Sure Thing.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Well....A definitive way of "calibrating" your arm angles etc..  You can't buy the chart he shows in the DVD.  Also, I really think that it's benefitial to have someone who is a professional teach the "feel the slope" with your feet portion.  It's hard to just pick up and learn that on your own (in my opinion).

Unlike what Ernest Jones said, the slope feeling is the most important thing to get (again, in my opinion).  The difference between a 2 and a 3 is huge and if you get that wrong you will DEFINATELY miss the put.  Also, in this video Mark Sweeney talks about getting a 2.5 or 2.75.  I think that definately something that should be taught up front.  Also, the asian chick is super hot (again, in my opinion. lol).

Thanks. :beer:

In the sentence I bolded, you're talking about an arm angle calibration chart, not the aimchart, right?

I'm not worried about the slopes, since I've taken the original fundamentals class.  So for my situation, it sounds like the only downside is maybe not having the best method to calibrate the arm angles?

A couple questions:

1. How long is the video?

2. Do you expect to watch it more than once?

3. As someone who had training on the midpoint read, do you expect to use the express method from now on?

4. Is it less accurate than the midpoint?  If so, how?

5. Do you find it significantly quicker or easier to accomplish than the midpoint read?

Dan

i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff