IGNORED

Anyone use discount tee-time sites like GolfNow.com?

noahl
Note: This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

just to see if it is the same rate. If so, avoid the processing fee and just set up a tee time direct.

This.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't heard of this site until I saw this thread; I browsed it a little bit yesterday and today.  Some of the prices are pretty nice but they're for courses that are 50+ miles away in the middle of nowhere or for twilight hours, which are usually cheap anyway.  I've been checking tee times up to 4 days away and the prices and times get a little bit better but it's still kinda rough.  Do you have to buy tee times weeks in advance with this thing to get the best deal or what?

Also, to improve sites like this I would suggest better filtering abilities, especially the ability to save a list of favorite courses and search times for just those courses.  The ability to filter by price + all AM or PM times would be great as well.  The way it's setup now if I do a search for Denver and there are probably 40 courses and a million tee times spammed all over the place, making it somewhat tedious to find a cheap, convenient place to play.

Originally Posted by Strandly

I hadn't heard of this site until I saw this thread; I browsed it a little bit yesterday and today.  Some of the prices are pretty nice but they're for courses that are 50+ miles away in the middle of nowhere or for twilight hours, which are usually cheap anyway.  I've been checking tee times up to 4 days away and the prices and times get a little bit better but it's still kinda rough.  Do you have to buy tee times weeks in advance with this thing to get the best deal or what?

Also, to improve sites like this I would suggest better filtering abilities, especially the ability to save a list of favorite courses and search times for just those courses.  The ability to filter by price + all AM or PM times would be great as well.  The way it's setup now if I do a search for Denver and there are probably 40 courses and a million tee times spammed all over the place, making it somewhat tedious to find a cheap, convenient place to play.

GolfNow does all of that.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not seeing any options to do the things I mentioned.  Yeah there's a drop down for 2 hour blocks of time but that's not very helpful since the other filters (price/discount) basically re-scramble it.

Originally Posted by Strandly

I'm not seeing any options to do the things I mentioned.  Yeah there's a drop down for 2 hour blocks of time but that's not very helpful since the other filters (price/discount) basically re-scramble it.

You can sort by course, area, time, date etc. Trust me it's there. I use it almost every day to book courses in the Denver area. Maybe it's your browser.

Dave :-)

Nah, I use explorer, I'm sure it's working fine.  I'm just used to more customizable search engines I guess.  I should be able to tag 3 or 4 courses as favorites and do a search for all AM times and have the spreadsheet show up with the cheapest times for each 1 hour block for each course, for example.  I'll continue to browse it though, I've already cherry picked a few courses I'll do individual searches for.

• 7 months later...

Quick question for you guys that use GolfNow: What does this "How About a Mulligan?" screen mean? Have they not opened for the season? Are they not listed on the site anymore? Should I expect to be able to find tee times at that course later in the summer?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

When you see that, the course may be open but they haven't shared their tee times with Golfnow.   There are several in Michigan like that.   Several courses here that I play are open but their tee times aren't available on Golfnow.   Some of the ones that are listed are actually the same price that you can get at the pro shop.

Alway know the original price before buying your tee time online.   I've seen instances where some courses were cheaper for seniors at the club house than what was posted on Golfnow.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

When you see that, the course may be open but they haven't shared their tee times with Golfnow.   There are several in Michigan like that.   Several courses here that I play are open but their tee times aren't available on Golfnow.   Some of the ones that are listed are actually the same price that you can get at the pro shop.

Alway know the original price before buying your tee time online.   I've seen instances where some courses were cheaper for seniors at the club house than what was posted on Golfnow.

I've noticed that some courses here in L.A. are less money than golfnow. Us Seniors need to save all the $$$$ we can...lol

Quick question for you guys that use GolfNow: What does this "How About a Mulligan?" screen mean? Have they not opened for the season? Are they not listed on the site anymore? Should I expect to be able to find tee times at that course later in the summer?

I just got it for a course in L.A., so I don't think it's "closed for the season." Not sure otherwise.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Could mean that the course is closed for maintenance, or even that for some day.....maybe a tournament or something else unusual, they didn't provide any times to GolfNow. Doesn't happen often, but I've seen it on rare occasion down here too.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I played a course near my home today that last year was listed on Golfnow all of the time.  It was not listed on Golfnow yet but will be later in the year.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Could mean that the course is closed for maintenance, or even that for some day.....maybe a tournament or something else unusual, they didn't provide any times to GolfNow. Doesn't happen often, but I've seen it on rare occasion down here too.

The two muni's in my city both are listed on GolfNow, but show the "mulligan" when you click on them. The dropped GolfNow because it wanted too many of their tee times. I suspect many of the courses showing the "mulligan" designation have done the same thing. Last year I saw occasions where you could get 18 holes & cart for less than $9. Prices that low might have caused them to switch services.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart

The two muni's in my city both are listed on GolfNow, but show the "mulligan" when you click on them. The dropped GolfNow because it wanted too many of their tee times. I suspect many of the courses showing the "mulligan" designation have done the same thing. Last year I saw occasions where you could get 18 holes & cart for less than $9. Prices that low might have caused them to switch services.

FWIW, the course sets the GolfNow tee time pricing, not GolfNow.  The only compensation GolfNow receives from the course of one tee time to sell on their own as one of their "Hot Deals".

Many (most?) courses now provide the same times to multiple on-line booking sites.  If you look, you'll see the same times and the same pricing for those times on various sites.

In David's bag....

Just booked my first tee time using Golf Now for later today. Got a great deal, hopefully it goes well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just booked my first tee time using Golf Now for later today. Got a great deal, hopefully it goes well.

Unfortunately, GolfNow's rewards program SUCKS this year!  I played a ton of very high-end free golf last year.  No such thing this year.  Ah well, I still love the convenience.

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 3649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!