IGNORED

NBA Final

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 4700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As LeBron James said, "Karma is a bitch".

I wonder if he is having a deja vu moment?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let's go Dirk!

(Because, really, he's the entire Mavs team.)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Let's go Dirk!

(Because, really, he's the entire Mavs team.)

That sure wasn't the case last night.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

That sure wasn't the case last night.

yea the mavs have alot of good offensive players as well as experience. One thing to note is that the heat werent all that good during the regular season like everyone thought they would be. When the playoffs came around they turned into one of the best teams out there. They are one of the superstar teams and all they care about is the ring

Originally Posted by motteler621

yea the mavs have alot of good offensive players as well as experience. One thing to note is that the heat werent all that good during the regular season like everyone thought they would be. When the playoffs came around they turned into one of the best teams out there. They are one of the superstar teams and all they care about is the ring

I'm no fan of Chris Bosh (never was) or LeBron James (ditto) but to take less money to win a ring is bad how? I mean, as people I have no use for either one of them because of the way they treated their existing fanbases during the process, but ultimately if they weren't such detestable people their decision to try and win a championship in Miami might be considered noble.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I'm no fan of Chris Bosh (never was) or LeBron James (ditto) but to take less money to win a ring is bad how? I mean, as people I have no use for either one of them because of the way they treated their existing fanbases during the process, but ultimately if they weren't such detestable people their decision to try and win a championship in Miami might be considered noble.

Chris Bosh. I think moving from Toronto to Miami was a good move for him. Regardless of his fanbase, career wise, it's huge.

I am not a fan of him for other reasons, being that he falls over 400000 times a game trying his hardest to draw fouls - usually unsuccessful - he needs to learn from Le Bron

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

These guys are amazing.  Watching these guys is the only time I wonder if golf really is a sport.....  How can Dirk be a 90+% free throw shooter?  That's freaking incredible!  Jason Terry was on last night..  Pretty impressive 3 point shooting from Dallas.  Great defense too.  They had a lot of hustle last night.  Heck of a lot more than game 4.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

These guys are amazing.  Watching these guys is the only time I wonder if golf really is a sport.....  How can Dirk be a 90+% free throw shooter?  That's freaking incredible!  Jason Terry was on last night..  Pretty impressive 3 point shooting from Dallas.  Great defense too.  They had a lot of hustle last night.  Heck of a lot more than game 4.

Dirk is a shooting machine. He flushes fade aways over and over and over and over, and you're right, if he gets a chance at free throws, guaranteed points. A wasted foul

My word, what a way to go out for Miami last night.  It was as lackluster as watching Karlsson bogey the sudden-death playoff and just hand it over to Frazar.  I don't think in all my years watching basketball I've ever seen such a high caliber group of athletes be as completely off their games collectively as Miami was last night.  I kept wondering what that head coach was telling them in the locker room.  I'm guessing they needed Phil Jackson.  Sorry to see it.

You'd think I'd be going for Dallas, being from Texas, but nope.  I'm a die-hard Spurs fan.  Any true Spurs fan can't stand Dallas, especially Cuban.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

My word, what a way to go out for Miami last night.  It was as lackluster as watching Karlsson bogey the sudden-death playoff and just hand it over to Frazar.  I don't think in all my years watching basketball I've ever seen such a high caliber group of athletes be as completely off their games collectively as Miami was last night.  I kept wondering what that head coach was telling them in the locker room.  I'm guessing they needed Phil Jackson.  Sorry to see it.

You'd think I'd be going for Dallas, being from Texas, but nope.  I'm a die-hard Spurs fan.  Any true Spurs fan can't stand Dallas, especially Cuban.

I expected mediocrity down the stretch from LeBron, but it was surprising to see poor play from Wade as well. Either way, I'm happy the Mavs one. Maybe ESPN will focus on Dallas rather than the Heat (and Brett Favre) this summer.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Congrats to the Mavs.

I don't know WTF LeBron was doing the last 3 games, the best player in the NBA didn't look like the best player in the NBA, but doesn't matter, glad to see Kidd win a championship

Exactly. In Alberta the two pro hockey team have fanbases that would NEVER cheer on the other team in the final.

Sorry I missed your call, my phone was set to LeBron mode, no rings. Definitely a day of rejoicing and redemption here in DFW. I moved to DFW in 1983-- the Kurt Nimphius, Elston Turner, and Brad Davis years. Compared to the Cowboys and Ranger fans, the Maverick fans were the most positive, loyal, and vocal. The Cowboys and Ranger fans can be described as fairweather, but the Mavericks and Stars fans are great. The Mavericks suffered years of bad luck (Tarpley/Mashburn) bad drafts (Leon Smith, Charles Smith, Samaki Walker, etc). While the Mavericks couldn't get a force in the middle, the two other teams in Texas and the Western Conference had great success with twin towers (Sampson, Hakeem and Robinson, Duncan) The Mavs have fought their way to the top of the mountain and won a championship with their second best scorer (Caron Butler) injured. It's a good day.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

That was exactly spot on!!!! A high caliber team fall apart.  I have never seen such a thing in team sports!  It seemed to me that Miami was only interested in the WOW shots, and not on the dirty drive it down the middle layups.  I felt i was watching Sesame Street playing a game of Hot Potato - NBA version.  Pass - Pass Shot!....not pass, pass, pass, pass, pass....oh out time throw it up and pray!  Not to mention the lack of rebounding, every shot had multiple heat players fading back from the boards, vs 3 to 4 Mavs.  And the nail in the coffen, free throws....58% Not the way you will win a Finals game, regardless of the opponent team.

Originally Posted by uttexas

Sorry I missed your call, my phone was set to LeBron mode, no rings.

Lol ...that was lame.

It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

I'm still on cloud nine!!!

As a kid I can remember going to Reunion Arena and watching the Dick Motta 1980's Mav's get so close in both 86 and 88 only to lose out to the Showtime Lakers in the Western Conderence Finals.  Those Mavs teams had some good players--Blackman, Aguirre, Davis.  Just never could get over the hump.

In about 1990 the Mavs entered the basketball wasteland, the Tarpley issues, some bad personal moves and bad coaching seemed to be setting the course for the Mavs to become the Clippers of Texas.  What else made it frustratign was the Spurs and Rockets were rolling.  Houston with the back to back in 94 and 95 and SA rollin in the mid 1990's and their first title in 99.  It seemed like the Mavs were destined to be cellar dwellers forever!!!

However, in 1997 when Nelson was hired as coach and GM things started to turn.  In 98 they drafted Tractor Traylor and were able to trade him to the Bucks for a young German kid...Dirk.  This laid the foundation for the franchise to rise from the depths.  When Cuban bought the franchise in Jan of 2000 he pumped the money and desire to win into the franchise.  It took many years and dissappointments for the Mavs to get to the mountain top.  I am happy for the current Mavs but also happy for all the fans that have been their for all the disappointments of 86, 88, 03, and 06.

We FINALLY are the champs...nobody can change that fact and Dallas earned the trophy.  No shortcuts...just hard work!!!

Go Mavs Go!!!!

Note: This thread is 4700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!