IGNORED

Which putter do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to putters? Pros and Cons.

• Odyssey
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Never Compromise
    • Nike
    • Heavy Putter
    • Yes!
    • Ping
    • Wilson
    • Others (Please specify)

I had to switch over to a Long putter after battling with the yips for about 5 years.   Am using the Ping Pickemup Long putter , 50 inch.   Still in the process of getting used to it but it is already working better than the belly putter that preceded it.   It is going to take some time to get somewhat proficient with it on 30+ footers but it is really helping with the 3 to 10 footers.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ping D66 and I love it.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Yes! Athena.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Odyssey White Hot #1, custom cut to 32", ever so slightly upright, and a basic tour wrap grip.

I can't afford a used TeI3, so the "replica" will have to do.

Odyssey White Hot Tour # 5 34.5 inches Winn Tripleline Lite jumbo grip.

I have never putted as well as I am now.  Love the thicker grip and love the feel I get with putter!

Driver:     Cleveland Launcher DST 9.0 Degree, UST Proforce V2 67 X-Stiff
Wood:     Cleveland Launcher (2009) 15 Degrees, Stock shaft Stiff
Hybrid:    Adams Idea A2 20 Degree, stock shaft stiff
Irons:       Cleveland CG Red , 3-PW, DSG300 Stiff
Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM4 54 and 60 degrees
Putter:     Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 34.5 inches
Balls:      Titleist Pro V1X, Srixon Z-Star XV

I use a TM770 35". It's a great putter with a heavy feel. I am quite interested in trying out a lighter putter though just to see how a bigger backswing would feel.

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

I use the taylormade ghost 770 tour putter, i make less 3putts with it

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Originally Posted by yaksta

I couldn't but now I can with a Taylormade Ghost Spider. I've been playing for 30 years and have never been confident with putter in hand, until now.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum.  I'm gaming the same putter and love it.  The putter has nearly paid for itself if you know what I mean!?

To me the putter I use is the one I have confidence with. I probably have no less than 20 putters in my house. I do have some favorites I have, but as soon as one misses a 2 footer with it, negative things start to come into your mind. There is not one person out there who missed an easy 2 foot putt that has not doubted himself, or herself on the next two footer. There is no way I will ever pay 300 dollars for a putter because they are no way worth it. If you dont line the putt up correctly the ball will not go into the hole no matter what you are using. But the one I usually start out with at the beginning of the year is an old Ram that I purchased the shaft, head, and grip for less than 25 dollars, or an old Ping Kushin that I paid an egnormous price of 20 dollars way back in 1974..And believe it or not back then it was the MOST expensive putter on the market...

my trusty, hole seeking, pure rolling custom scotty cameron studio select newport 2.6

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Currently gaming a Tourstage Kevin Burns Type 3 putter from Japan.  Ive never really been a fan of mallets or putters with inserts but Im liking the way I roll the ball with this one.  For a mallet it still has very good feel and unlike more insert putters Ive tried, its soft but doesnt have a dead or muffled feel.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 1 month later...

I used to be a Ping/Scotty, blade kina guy. But someone stole my 2ball, and I found somethng I actually liked better.

Not much of a mallet fan, but after my 2ball, and now this Cleveland VP5, I dunno if I'll ever go back to a blade.

The insert on this VP5 makes an ole Top-Flite feel like an old ballata ..

vp5_large.jpg

Note: This thread is 4103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!