IGNORED

Hope this is true... (RE: Tiger's return)

Yukari
Note: This thread is 4661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would be pretty surprised if he's actually gonna play at the PGA!

Originally Posted by BallStriker

Tiger returns.....with Jerry Chang on his bag (out of my arse guess)....All the eyes of the world will be looking closely...

Could you imagine if Tiger wins the PGA......

Originally Posted by makaveli

I would be pretty surprised if he's actually gonna play at the PGA!

John Feinstein reported on the GolfChannel last night that he would be playing at Firestone and the PGA........gonna be interesting....what we need is someone with access to the Isleworth driving range to see how much practice he is getting in...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Fair enough, but August is close... we'll see! :)

John Feinstein reported on the GolfChannel last night that he would be playing at Firestone and the PGA........gonna be interesting....what we need is someone with access to the Isleworth driving range to see how much practice he is getting in...

Originally Posted by ThominOH

We need more of this.. I wish the media, especially Golf Channel spend more energy into promoting the sport, and less of the players.. Facts are that viewership of pga events has increase but it hasn't moved over to increase playing.. Meaning, there are a lot of Tiger fans, but those fans are not picking up the game and playing..  Sorry, didn't mean to rant

Why on earth would the Golf channel spend more energy on something that is not going to make them any money? The players bring in the viewers which brings in the advertisers.  The golf channel is in business to make money, not grow amateur golf. It is up to the USGA to grow amateur golf in the United States.

Quote:
Why on earth would the Golf channel spend more energy on something that is not going to make them any money? The players bring in the viewers which brings in the advertisers.  The golf channel is in business to make money, not grow amateur golf. It is up to the USGA to grow amateur golf in the United States.

How many game improvement shows are there on TGC? How much ad time is sold to equipment companies ranging from TaylorMade to that goofy swing harness thing Rocco shills? Heck, for most of its existence, TGC didn't even show PGA events. A healthy amateur game is very important to TGC.

How many game improvement shows are there on TGC? How much ad time is sold to equipment companies ranging from TaylorMade to that goofy swing harness thing Rocco shills? Heck, for most of its existence, TGC didn't even show PGA events. A healthy amateur game is very important to TGC.

How many people care about amateur golf? Serious question: what sort of ratings would the NCAA championship or the mid-am bring in? It would probably be limited to the people who already are very into golf. I doubt it would grow the game at all.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let's all be honest.  With all of the good golf happening without Tiger in the mix ---Rory shattering the field at the US open, young players emerging and the likes of others making a name for themselves, you have to admit "re-inserting" Tiger into the mix again will be fun and VERY exciting / interesting whether you like him or not.

• Upvote 1

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Shindig

How many people care about amateur golf? Serious question: what sort of ratings would the NCAA championship or the mid-am bring in? It would probably be limited to the people who already are very into golf. I doubt it would grow the game at all.

Its hard to imagine the NCAA or mid-am ever drawing big numbers. But by "amateur", I was referring to all the golfers who don't play the game professionally. Perhaps I should have used the word "recreational" instead. Much of the TGC's programming is targeted at people who play the game for fun. I would imagine the majority of its advertising revenue comes from companies who are trying to sell products to golfers (as opposed to people who simply watch pro golf).

I hope his body doesn't let him down again. I'm positive he will win again if he can avoid injuries.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by ThominOH

I personally could care less if Tiger ever returns or not..  I truly hope he just goes bye bye..

Interesting contradiction.

-Rich

....what we need is someone with access to the Isleworth driving range to see how much practice he is getting in...

Indeed, maybe the CIA can divert some drones to fly over and recon...

Bill

Even though it is highly unlikely, I hope he comes back with a full force...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Coming back to play at WGC Bridgestone Invitational ?
  • Full-field PGA tournament
  • New caddy
  • Same crackpot-swing-coach
  • Still-as-yet-unproven-swing
  • 'Healed' knee\Achilles
  • Zero balls hit on the range
Good luck with that one...

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

How do you know he has no balls hit?

And the WGC isn't a full field PGA tournament.....it's a limited field World Golf Championship.

Originally Posted by RichF

Full-field PGA tournament

New caddy

Same crackpot-swing-coach

Still-as-yet-unproven-swing

'Healed' knee\Achilles

Zero balls hit on the range

Good luck with that one...

Quote:

1 - How do you know he has no balls hit?

2 - And the WGC isn't a full field PGA tournament.....it's a limited field World Golf Championship.

1 - http://progolftalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/26/woods-coach-foley-says-student-has-not-been-hitting-any-golf-balls/

2 - Okay, a full-field of 80 of the best of the PGA and European Tour combined.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

• Administrator

Originally Posted by RichF

Full-field PGA tournament

Nope.

Originally Posted by RichF

Still-as-yet-unproven-swing

Yeah, that T4 at Augusta (due to poor putting) was such a crap display of ballstriking...

Originally Posted by RichF

Zero balls hit on the range

Way to misread the article. It says "we" haven't hit any balls. As in worked together on the range. That doesn't mean Tiger hasn't hit balls.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4661 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!