IGNORED

What is your personal goal for golf?

jcollins120
Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Would like to get to the point where I'm legitimately pissed off if I shoot more than 75 on an average course. That's really as good as I can see myself ever getting.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To post good scores, enjoy the company and the game.

If I have an ambition it would be to lower my handicap, which would happen anyway if I shot good scores. I've done the under par, hole in one, won decent amatuer comps, and I hope everyone has a bite of those pies.

My one other golfing ambition, which in reality this late in my golfing life is just a dream, would be to be club champion. I've had lowest gross plenty of times but not on the right day.

Well, I've decided to modify my goals slightly: Establish a handicap, again, and play a sanctioned event as a senior. That's if my back holds out...

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Definitely to get to a single digit handicap. Need to find more time to play and practice for that to happen. Tough to improve otherwise. I'm going the other way at the moment :-(.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Consistent Ball Striking and a solid short game.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

With off-season coming up I plan to make next year 10x better than this one. Let the hard work begin.

Driver: Undecided..Someone help me decide
Fast 12 3 Wood 15* Stiff Shaft
A12 3 Hybrid 19* Stiff Shaft
CB Blade Irons (4-7) Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts
MB Blade Irons (8-PW) Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts
SM4 52* Oil Can Wedge - S300 Shaft
SM4 56* Oil Can Wedge - S300 Shaft
SM4 60* Oil Cal Wedge - Wedge Flex
2010 California Series - Monterey - 35'

Originally Posted by jcollins120

Ideas include: a hole in one? maybe a round under par or a round under 80/90? to hit every fairway and green in regulation during a round? a double eagle? 25 putts or less? 4 or more birdies?  Please Share.

To have fun and try to make sure that I'm pleasant company for the people I play with.  I've already accomplished more than I ever expected in the game, so I'm just happy to be out on the course.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I just want to stay consistent. Keep the blow out rounds at bay, keep the handicap around the 6 mark. I reached a few personal goals this year. One was to get my handicap to 6, even got to 5 for a few weeks. Another was to have a sub par round during a competition round. I missed out on club champs this year due to a back injury, so I guess I would like to be more competitive around that time of year.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

To have fun and try to make sure that I'm pleasant company for the people I play with.  I've already accomplished more than I ever expected in the game, so I'm just happy to be out on the course.

+1

Butch

• 3 weeks later...

My first goal in golf is to shoot 69 on an average course.  My next goal will be to maintain a + handicap for more than a year.  My next goal will be to shoot 68 on a difficult course.  After that my goal will be to get just a little bit better.  Then my goal will be to not get sad when it all disappears and I'm a bedridden old man.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

1) Make the club golf team at my college.

2) I don't even care how crazy it sounds, I want to someday qualify for the US open.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Originally Posted by iPutt

1) Make the club golf team at my college.

2) I don't even care how crazy it sounds, I want to someday qualify for the US open.

I like the boldness.

Driver: Undecided..Someone help me decide
Fast 12 3 Wood 15* Stiff Shaft
A12 3 Hybrid 19* Stiff Shaft
CB Blade Irons (4-7) Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts
MB Blade Irons (8-PW) Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts
SM4 52* Oil Can Wedge - S300 Shaft
SM4 56* Oil Can Wedge - S300 Shaft
SM4 60* Oil Cal Wedge - Wedge Flex
2010 California Series - Monterey - 35'

To enjoy the walk and company, and shoot in the 70's again ... but this time, with a technically sound swing and with consistency.

That would be nice.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3620 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!