IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Yea. I failed that first attempt. Seven days into this attempt though with no cheating... fit a few runs in there too. Baby steps. So far so good. Successful grocery run just now. You really gotta put the blinders on when you walk through that place with dieting on your mind!

Been there myself plenty of times man.  First two weeks are the hardest.  Get through day 14, and you'll be in the tunnel, and then eventually start seeing the light at the other end.

And while I was joking before, on a serious note I'll just pass along advice that I have to hammer home in my own head all the time: don't beat yourself up over one fall from the wagon.  It happens, and it's not the end of the world.  Baby steps is the key!

Appreciate the support, Brandon. Good advice. Yea, it's a bit daunting when you think about how long it can take to reach a weight goal doing it the right way. I probably won't be lifting too much during this time, so my calorie burn won't be that great. But diet alone is really powerful.

Yea, I think a good short term goal right now is to get to Day 14. Then I'll take it from there. I don't want to set too lofty of a goal just yet so I don't overwhelm myself, but I'm already starting to think my initial goal of making it 30 days isn't good enough.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Training for a Half Marathon.  Did a up tempo 9km this week, 40 minutes, a little slow but ok.

Tried to run an easy 21km last night, hit the wall and only made it 20.2km in1 hour 44.

1 hour drive to work, graft for half a day, 1 hour drive back!

Me done... In 3 hours, I'll be on the tee! ;)

Enough for anyone! :D

Dabz

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Appreciate the support, Brandon. Good advice. Yea, it's a bit daunting when you think about how long it can take to reach a weight goal doing it the right way. I probably won't be lifting too much during this time, so my calorie burn won't be that great. But diet alone is really powerful.

Yea, I think a good short term goal right now is to get to Day 14. Then I'll take it from there. I don't want to set too lofty of a goal just yet so I don't overwhelm myself, but I'm already starting to think my initial goal of making it 30 days isn't good enough.

2 weeks is my magic number.  If I can get through 2 weeks of anything, I will stick with it.  If you start thinking of it as a lifestyle change and not necessarily have a time line associated, that makes it easier mentally as well. I am about to start a weight loss contest at our gym on the 17th with my wife.  It's a team thing.  We have a good chance at winning because I have dieted MANY times in the past and I can drop 20-25 pounds in a few weeks.  So I know what you mean about having to get focused

Lifting certainly adds to the equation but your diet is the key....like you stated.  They don't say that "abs are made in the kitchen" for nothing.  Hang in there man! Once you get to where it's a natural thing, your body is going to be so thankful.

It's really amazing how much better you feel when eat healthy.  The junk food and all that tastes SOOOO good....but I always end up feeling like crap when I eat like that (and I do it often when not on a diet).  When I am eating healthy, EVERYTHING feels better.  I don't get sick, I have more energy, my joints don't ache, etc....Amazing

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Ran 3.1 miles yesterday.  Holding off on any P90X routines because my back and shoulders are tight from either golfing or hitting the range an average of 3 - 4 times a week.  Have a golf tournament this weekend with some clients and I'm afraid to push myself and pull a muscle.  Lots of stretching the last few days has really helped though.

Light weight workout.

Straight Leg deadlifts 135lbs 4x8

Wide leg (sumo) squats with only 100lbs 4x10

Slow lunges with same 100lb 3x8

Narrow stance squats 100lbs 4x15

Hamstring extensions 60lbs single leg 3x15

Light chest

135 bench presses 3x20

1 sets of 10 pushups in between each set (3 total)

Ab work

Medicine ball twist for core

Medicine ball twists (from floor at left foot, raise ball during up-squat to above right shoulder, and vice versa)

EDIT: And coming home to baked BBQ chicken with a side of a hot biscuit and roasted asparagus makes me love my chick

Lifted weights for 30 minutes or so. Mostly back and bi's. Follow that up with a 20 minute run.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

30 Minutes of cardio, interval style, 2 minutes on 2 minutes off.

15 minutes of Core workout, mix of P90x stuff, and some things i picked up over time.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm sure plenty of people have seen this already but I found it interesting, this is off of Tiger's website.

7:30 a.m. - One hour of lower weight training. 60-70 percent of normal lifting weight, high reps and multiple sets.

8:30 a.m. - High protein/low-fat breakfast. Typically includes egg-white omelet with vegetables.

9:00 a.m. - Two hours on the golf course. Hit on the range and work on swing.

11:00 a.m. - Practice putting for 30 minutes to an hour.

Noon - Play nine holes.

1:30 p.m. - High protein/low-fat lunch. Typically includes grilled chicken or fish, salad and vegetables.

2:00 p.m. - Three-to-four hours on the golf course. Work on swing, short game and occasionally play another nine holes.

6:30 p.m. - 30 minutes of upper weight training. High reps.

7:00 p.m. - Dinner and rest.

Here is my normal work day in comparison.

9:00 a.m. - Wake up, kick the annoying cat out of the room..back to sleep.

11:00 a.m. - Wake up for real. High protein/high fat quesadilla. Check Facebook.

Noon - Go out to garage, swing clubs, putt a bit, listen to CCR, have a glass of wine.

1:30 p.m. - 3rd glass of wine. Bitch and moan to wife that I haven't done anything today, she agrees, I go to gym.

2:00 p.m. - Half hour on treadmill watching Golf Channel. (tomorrow I'll be on the treadmill for an hour because of Barclays!) Free weights for whatever I feel needs to be worked on.

4:00 p.m. - Head to work

8:00 p.m. - Most likely Chipotle

11:30 p.m. - Day dream about golfing, maybe do a couple push ups.

2:00 a.m. - Head home...might get to watch Feherty Show....but will most likely be watching whatever wife is.

• Upvote 1

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Crim, your productivity really skyrockets at about 11AM.

Tiger & I appear to have similar diets.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West