IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Originally Posted by Righty to Lefty

I am in Afghanistan and we have a crossfit gym here.  If I were in the U.S. I would have to be apart of a gym because I am so used to the group atmosphere that we have here to push each other.

February 28

July 5th

My Golf always travels with me...even to Afghanistan !!

Nice!!  Yeah, I would probably have to be in a gym as well.  It's hard working out alone (which I do) and to really push yourself with no one there to push you.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by TN94z

Nice!!  Yeah, I would probably have to be in a gym as well.  It's hard working out alone (which I do) and to really push yourself with no one there to push you.

You have to be extra motivated to push yourself to your limits while working out alone for sure.  Yesterday in our workout my partner was getting crushed. I stayed after for every rep while he finished and talked him through it and kept him motivated.  When he finished he said " I would have quit long ago if you where there to talk me through those last 18 reps."  The crazy thing is that the very next day the roles can/will be reversed and I will need him to help me get through a tough workout.  The fact is that it will take a whole lot for you to quit on yourself in front of a group and the friendly competition makes even the worst workouts much more bearable.  Then the trick is to show up the next day and do it all over again!

Yesterday did Day 3 Week1 of 5K Runner.  Also did some pilates and some push ups.  Hamstrings were pretty sore from starting to use the kettlebell, I've read that means my technique was right

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Yesterday did Day 3 Week1 of 5K Runner.  Also did some pilates and some push ups.  Hamstrings were pretty sore from starting to use the kettlebell, I've read that means my technique was right

Haha...yes the kettlebell will find out just how bad you wanna play good golf !!  Turkish get ups with them will push that even further !! Good stuff mvmac !

W.O.D.

Hotshot 19 Hero W.O.D.

6 rounds for time:

30 Air Squats

19 Power Cleans (135 lbs)

7 Strict Pullups

Run/  Row 400 meters

32:25 was my time and I felt like my chest was going to explode out of my chest !

Today was an off day.

I don't know if I would call it exercise but today I did:

20 minutes of slow motion drills on my full swing, 15 minutes of putting, 5 minutes of stretching.

Tomorrow I will do:

15 minutes of core, followed by a three mile run at approximately 7:30-8:00 min/mile, then some light (high rep, low weight) arm/shoulder workouts with dumbbells.

Mixed day -

Pushups - 3 sets total to 100

Pull ups (3 kinds) - 3 sets total to 60

Shoulders  - 3 sets to 30, 10 each:  press, fly, upright rows

Biceps - 3 sets to 30, 10 each:  straight, hammer, outside

Tris - 3 sets to 50:  20 dips, 10 kicks, 20 dips

Cross trainer during a couple shows

abs tonight after a telecon if time

weights for sh/bi/tri to get near to fail at end of set.  Need to bump it up so 6-8 rather than sets of 10, but I've been lazy

finger exercises too - googling trying to figure out what type of adjustable weights and wrenches are used on my new putter (TM Ghost Spider S) - is it the same as the drivers use or something specific - really hard to tell.  this was the tough set.

Bill - 

Boxing and Muay thai last night.  I will be doing the W1/D2 of the C25k today after work. Today was also supposed to be legs but after last night, my legs are about worn out.  I think leg day will be pushed to Saturday instead.

My wife and I are also on week 3 of a weight loss contest at our gym.  7 more weeks to go. Winning team gets 1000.00.

Bryan A

Got my first kettlebell instruction today from a RKC certified instructor.  Just wanted to make sure my technique was correct because I'm still very new to it and know how important form is.  My swing was pretty good, the hip thrust is very much like the golf swing, gotta squeeze those glutes.  My clean/rack needed some work and my goblet squat was pretty good.  Also got a planned workout routine I'll do 3-4 times a week for 3-4 weeks until I see her again for a checkup.

I enjoyed it and had some decent stamina for doing the session in 90* heat.

Mike McLoughlin

I ended up working my legs last night. Squats, dead lifts, and accessory work plus the c25k work. Tonight was 2 hours of Muay Thai and boxing. We do tons of conditioning before and after each class, plus the lesson portion, and then sparring. It's a killer!!

Bryan A

• Administrator

Ran outside  Wednesday and ran this morning before it got too warm.

Thank goodness for podcasts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On Saturday did my 5K Runner.  I was lazy today ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

On Saturday did my 5K Runner.  I was lazy today

Oh c'mon. :)

I taught from 9am to 6pm, then did 35 minutes on the elliptical (we had a sunshower at 5 and it's humid as heck outside right now).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Back and bis. Then did my c25k

Bryan A