IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Stick with the same weights, you will develop muscular balance over time. Make sure you use good form with both sides.

Yeah, I'm always careful about using correct form on the exercises.

Rebounded from my debaucherous Sunday food binge with a egg whites, ham, and salami for breakfast.  Only 220 calories so I'm sure I'll be hungry soon.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, I'm always careful about using correct form on the exercises.

Rebounded from my debaucherous Sunday food binge with a egg whites, ham, and salami for breakfast.  Only 220 calories so I'm sure I'll be hungry soon.

Nice. Those days are ok every once in a while (and actually sometimes necessary to prevent long term binging)...as long as it's kept to a minimum...which it sounds like it is.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Nice. Those days are ok every once in a while (and actually sometimes necessary to prevent long term binging)...as long as it's kept to a minimum...which it sounds like it is.

Yeah, I usually do a good job regulating my intake that day just turned unexpectedly.

I will say this, the treadmill seemed a bit tougher yesterday, haha.

Christian

I haven't posted in a while. Making slow steady progress. Up to running about 2 miles at a time. Pushing heavier weights consistently. I haven't weighed myself, but I'm not really concerned with what the scale says. Feeling pretty good.

- Shane

I haven't posted in a while. Making slow steady progress. Up to running about 2 miles at a time. Pushing heavier weights consistently. I haven't weighed myself, but I'm not really concerned with what the scale says. Feeling pretty good.

Very nice, sir

Christian

That's the key, right? :beer:

I've stuck with the no-soda change quite easily.  It's only been 2 weeks - or 3, I forget now - but I've averaged about one soda every two to three days.  Interestingly though, zero change in weight.  Perhaps that's because it's just diet soda that I was drinking?  Whatever, it's no matter ... I feel better so I'm going to stick with mostly water.

Next step is to actually start cutting back the food intake and late night snacks.  Starting that this week by eliminating the bowls of cereal before bed, and just allowing the kids uneaten food to get thrown out instead of being their garbage disposal.

Also starting to exercise a bit by hopping on the elliptical in the evenings.

That's the key, right?

I've stuck with the no-soda change quite easily.  It's only been 2 weeks - or 3, I forget now - but I've averaged about one soda every two to three days.  Interestingly though, zero change in weight.  Perhaps that's because it's just diet soda that I was drinking?  Whatever, it's no matter ... I feel better so I'm going to stick with mostly water.

Diet pop can trick your body into craving food. That artificial sweetener stuff is pretty nasty stuff. I know a few people who actually gained weight when switching to diet pop.

Next step is to actually start cutting back the food intake and late night snacks.  Starting that this week by eliminating the bowls of cereal before bed, and just allowing the kids uneaten food to get thrown out instead of being their garbage disposal.

I think this is the key. In the days of processed foods, and with food accessibility being available at arms reach, people have to keep track of what they are eating. When you can grab a candy bar that is 300 calories, that small few ounces of processed foods is nearly 10-13% of a person's calorie intake for the day.

I thought I was doing well then I started charting what I eat again, I wasn't close to what I thought I was eating.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That's the key, right?

That would be my guess.  If you were drinking 0 calorie soda, then there wouldn't be a change in calorie intake.

I think this is the key. In the days of processed foods, and with food accessibility being available at arms reach, people have to keep track of what they are eating. When you can grab a candy bar that is 300 calories, that small few ounces of processed foods is nearly 10-13% of a person's calorie intake for the day.

I thought I was doing well then I started charting what I eat again, I wasn't close to what I thought I was eating.

Yeah, certain things are kind of hard like if you eat out at a restaurant or get food delivered but for the most part, the nutritional information on stuff makes it pretty easy to keep track of.

Christian

Diet pop can trick your body into craving food. That artificial sweetener stuff is pretty nasty stuff. I know a few people who actually gained weight when switching to diet pop.

In my case, it's not a sure thing, but the suspicion is that aspartame poisoning is behind the Meniere's Disease that I can down with a few years ago. It's nasty stuff indeed and I tell everyone that I know to run like hell from it.

- Shane

Well, surgery is done.

Just got back home...top 2 wisdom teeth pulled, 3 cavities filled, 4 teeth sealed, and the bottom two impacted once removed with supplemental bone grafts.

Right now I feel great. Not loopy from being put under, and not all drugged out, but the bottom half of my head is still completely numb and it hasn't started to swell yet. It'll be coming...waiting for it lol

Obviously working out is out of the question for a few days, but I'm still trying to keep the nutrition right. Just had a banana/protein/creatine/milk/peanut butter. Delicious....

Ryan M

Well, surgery is done.

Just got back home...top 2 wisdom teeth pulled, 3 cavities filled, 4 teeth sealed, and the bottom two impacted once removed with supplemental bone grafts.

Wow, that's a lot of work at one time. I am going in a couple weeks to get a crown replaced and a couple fillings. They said I would be there for about 2 hours

because they make the final crown there.

Doug

Wow, that's a lot of work at one time. I am going in a couple weeks to get a crown replaced and a couple fillings. They said I would be there for about 2 hours

because they make the final crown there.

Yeah I got there at 7:30, and left around 2:30. Was definitely a long process.

Still feeling pretty good. They said to take the Vicodin an hour and 15 mins ago, but I'm holding off until there's some discomfort. I'll take the ibuprofen and antibiotics at 8 like the note says...but I have little to no feeling in the right side of my mouth still, and the left side doesn't hurt yet.

Ryan M

Went heavy today after a week off for vacation, new PR for all three lifts: Squat 255 lbs Bench 165 lbs Deadlift 320 lbs Did some higher rep lower weight stuff afterward to get reps. Gonna be sore tomorrow. I went golfing for the first time since really starting to strength train, there is a noticeable increase in my distance.

- Mark

Went heavy today after a week off for vacation, new PR for all three lifts:

Squat 255 lbs

Bench 165 lbs

Deadlift 320 lbs

Did some higher rep lower weight stuff afterward to get reps. Gonna be sore tomorrow.

I went golfing for the first time since really starting to strength train, there is a noticeable increase in my distance.

Well done sir! I told you if you kept at it, those #s would gradually increase.

Ryan M

Well done sir! I told you if you kept at it, those #s would gradually increase.

Thanks. You were absolutely correct. Amazing how I couldn't break the plateau for weeks, then one day I just shattered it.

- Mark

Thanks. You were absolutely correct. Amazing how I couldn't break the plateau for weeks, then one day I just shattered it.

Happens to everyone man. That's where a lot of people give up or stop pushing themselves, so well done for keeping at it.

Ryan M

Well, surgery is done.

Right now I feel great. Not loopy from being put under, and not all drugged out, but the bottom half of my head is still completely numb and it hasn't started to swell yet. It'll be coming...waiting for it lol

Obviously working out is out of the question for a few days, but I'm still trying to keep the nutrition right. Just had a banana/protein/creatine/milk/peanut butter. Delicious....

Wow, dude.  Hope you're feeling ok.  When did the dentist say you'll be back to, "normal?"

Got my ON Whey Gold Standard today.  It's interesting because the label of AMP said optimal use was before and after the workout and I was reading ON label and it doesn't say when you should use it so I guess I'll just use it post workout.

No workout yesterday as I had to prep for a meeting today and take care of some personal stuff so planning on doing legs today and push day tomorrow before I head down to the city to see my mom for the weekend.

Christian