IGNORED

My Swing (Beachcomber)

Beachcomber

That's what she said!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

So what you are saying is... Just keep on humping?

Ok, but no kissing on the lips.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have been missing your updates. Sad to get so busy when spring hits. I have some of the same issues. Hopefully it means you will have a relaxing summer and get lots of range time to improve. I got a tip a few weeks ago that has helped "a little" with the goat humping issues, once you are back up and running with some videos I will suggest it to see if it helps.
  • Upvote 1

Michael

• 1 month later...

Finally had a chance to get the camera out and film few 6i swings on the range.

I still have lots of work to do... It looks like I regressed a little, but I actually hit the ball pretty well during the range session.  My biggest issue is finding my low point consistently.  And that has to do with the right elbow.  I gotta nail that PP5 piece.

• Administrator

Mind your camera angles… Toe line. Clubhead will look too far in at 2 and 6 with the camera out there where you've got it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Mind your camera angles… Toe line. Clubhead will look too far in at 2 and 6 with the camera out there where you've got it.

Good deal.  I'll try and re-film tomorrow and get some better angles for you.  You'd think I'd have this down by now!?

You'd think I'd have this down by now!?

We talking about golf, or cinematography?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Good deal.  I'll try and re-film tomorrow and get some better angles for you.  You'd think I'd have this down by now!? d2_doh.gif

If it helps, I like to take my stance, put down a TST alignment stick down on my toe-line, and then go use that to line up the camera. Then when I step back up to the ball I can remove the stick, and as long as I keep placing the ball in the same spot, my toe-line shouldn't change.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

If it helps, I like to take my stance, put down a TST alignment stick down on my toe-line, and then go use that to line up the camera. Then when I step back up to the ball I can remove the stick, and as long as I keep placing the ball in the same spot, my toe-line shouldn't change.

+1.  This is what I do.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by jamo

Hey, I was using an alignment stick... But for some reason I was thinking the best camera position was the mid point between your toe line and the ball. Why I was not able to remember the correct setup after doing this for the past year... I have no idea?!  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed!

Why I was not able to remember the correct setup after doing this for the past year...

Because you're an idiot.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Because you're an idiot.

Sing it with me. That's what friends are foooooorrrrrrrrrrrr!

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

Hey, I was using an alignment stick... But for some reason I was thinking the best camera position was the mid point between your toe line and the ball. g1_wacko.gif

I was under the same impression but I'm not helping your image here because I am definitely an idiot!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I was under the same impression but I'm not helping your image here because I am definitely an idiot!

I'm (obviously) just being an a-hole for fun.  In all seriousness, I screw up half of my videos too, and for some reason, I have a bigger problem with the face-on ones.