IGNORED

Share Your Golf Stats Here

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3549 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1)  current handicap: 6.7

2)  how long you have been playing golf: 15 years  (God that makes me feel old saying that at the age of 29 O:) )

3)  average GIR per round: 8-9

4)  average FIR per round: 6-8

5)  average putts per round: 30-32

6)  average number of holes par and better per round: 10-12

7)  number of rounds you played in the last 12 months: Alot

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

These stats are only from 12 rounds (August 16 - October 29)

1)

2) ~5 years

3) 42.13%

4) 42.68%

5) 40.68 :cry: Horrible, I know

6) Par: 39.35%

Birdie: 4.63%

7) Over 30, at least. Hindered by the swedish climate :-(

Average score on my last 12 round is 89. Shot a couple rounds around 76-86 during summer though. Best score this year was 75 (+2).

1)  current handicap (actual usga hc or unofficial hc you keep yourself)

2)  how long you have been playing golf

20 years

3)  average GIR per round

33.9% or 6

4)  average FIR per round

57.2% or 7 (my home club has 5 par 3's)

5)  average putts per round (actual putts from the green only, same way the PGA tour counts putts)

6)  average number of holes par and better per round

54.47 or 10

7)  number of rounds you played in the last 12 months

60ish

Michael

I'm surprised by how few keep detailed percentages. Not all, but many here are just providing best guesses.  Some estimations are in whole numbers or worse................IE....estimating 4-8GIR and calling this a stat.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

2)  how long you have been playing golf? 4 years

3)  average GIR per round? 9

4)  average FIR per round? 10

5)  average putts per round (actual putts from the green only, same way the PGA tour counts putts) 33

6)  average number of holes par and better per round? 12

7)  number of rounds you played in the last 12 months? 40 in the last 7 weeks (Goal is 250 rounds this year.)

)  current handicap - 12.2 GHIN (went as low as 10.6 this year)

2)  how long you have been playing golf - 4 years

3)  average GIR per round - 23%

4)  average FIR per round - 47%

5)  average putts per round - 32.4

6)  average number of holes par and better per round - 30%

7)  number of rounds you played in the last 12 months - 36

This is from ScoreCard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I only track SOME of those stats but look MORE at where strokes are lost.

The most important stats to my game are GIR on par three holes and hitting fairways with tee balls on par-4s and 5s.  If I succeed on these two stats with 75% efficiency, I'll keep it under 90.  When I blow up to over 90, the first telling stat is that par-3 greens were missed and I put myself into bad situations off the tee on longer holes.

Everything else remains the same.  I maybe 3-putt once a round.  Maybe have 2 doubles a round. I'll get NEAR the greens on par 4s and 5s, on in regulation 25% of the time and limit myself to bogey 80% of the time.

Pretty 'ho-hum' golf game anymore.  Still enjoy the heck out of the game even playing to a 16 hdcp!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

• 1 month later...

Was going to start a thread but spotted this in my search.

Really surprised there isn't more people involved on this thread, or that some who are posting, are selective in the areas they are keeping stats.

It took me a while to get into the habit admittedly, but it's a 5 min (max) exercise using Golfshot after a round.

1)  current handicap ( actual usga hc or unofficial hc you keep yourself , CONGU offical HC for Ireland ): 17.2

2)  how long you have been playing golf: 1 year seriously (2 very casual years before that)

3)  average GIR per round: 30.1% (5.4 greens)

4)  average FIR per round: 48% (6.7 fairways out of 14)

5)  average putts per round (actual putts from the green only, same way the PGA tour counts putts): 36

6)  average number of holes par and better per round: 2% Birdies, 28% Par (5.4 holes Par or better)

7)  number of rounds you played in the last 12 months: 40

Hoping to see a big reduction in my HC once our season starts in March/April.

I am not a Sandbagger, I promise :-P

There is just a serious flaw in our HC system over here and my HC has went unchanged since the end of our "HC Season"

Anyone that is making improvements/taking the game serious over the winter season (which I have) is generally at an advantage when the real season begins.

My GIR and FIR have improved greatly of late, last five rounds being FIR 54% and GIR 34%

Getting consistent with my scoring, averaging +17 for the last 5 (with a few blow ups each round)

By and large my stats for last year reflect my goals for last year, that being, to improve my long game firstly (Home course is 6,800yards)

My second real season of golf will focus on the short game now that my long game is getting me into scoring positions.

That's the plan anyway, I hope to get to single figures this year.

1) current handicap (actual usga hc or unofficial hc you keep yourself) I use the SwingbySwing app and I'm currently at 26 2) how long you have been playing golf Just started this past August 3) average GIR per round Need to get better at this. 1.26 per 18 holes 4) average FIR per round Haven't been keeping this stat but I would guess around half 5) average putts per round (actual putts from the green only, same way the PGA tour counts putts) 40, even though I JUST started keeping track the PGA way, so it's probably more like 38 cause I usually get 1 or 2 putts from the fringe per round 6) average number of holes par and better per round 16 Pars and 1 Birdie over 16 rounds so just over 1 7) number of rounds you played in the last 12 months If you count 9 holes as a half round, 16 even rounds.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

1)  current handicap - 12.6 - got down to 10.6, became a father of twins, then HC fell 2 strokes quickly.

2)  how long you have been playing golf - 4-5 years

3)  average GIR per round - 5.8 / 32%

4)  average FIR per round - 5.6 / 40%

5)  average putts per round - 34

6)  average number of holes par and better per round - 7 / 39%

7)  number of rounds you played in the last 12 months - ~~ 35

I based these stats on 4/1 through 10/15, to exclude the first month of the season and the cold rounds.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

One thing I've noticed, is that GIR is probably the biggest determiner of HDCP. FIR and putting are obviously important, but not nearly as indicative as GIR.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

• 5 months later...

Where are all the stat keepers?    Please share your stats..................

For the first time in 2014, I took a good look at the results from collecting stats.   I chose a date range of May 1st through July to see how my game stacks up to expectations over this 3 month stretch.  At first glance, I almost threw up in my mouth a little bit.....LOL

Here are Mine:

My Stat Review:

Score count over the 3 months................36.5........this is a little light.  We had a lot of rain in July.

Average Score..........at least it's under 80 if just barely.  I play a hard course, so score is relative.

Greens in Reg:  my goal is to be closer to 50%.....I am disappointed in this number.

Putting stats:   Not what I want either

Fairways per round:  I expect higher than 60%,  so I am not happy with this number either!

Sand Saves:  I am speechless and embarrassed.   I am in a funk right now and not this bad from bunkers.  I normally average over 30%.  I've had some plugged and crazy/unplayable lies lately and the bunkers have been killing me.

Up/Down Percentage:   Not bad......I'll take that.

Penalties:   A definite eyesore......There's opportunity for a penalty on every hole, so it's difficult not to have 1-2 each round.

Birdies per round.......................I am WAAAY LIGHT....DEFINITELY not making enough.  I only post adjusted scores, so I don't track the "Others".  I don't think I want to know...

Either way, with the stats glaring at me.....it's an eye opening experience.  When compared to golfers with a similar handicap as my own, most all my stats are worse.   I suppose playing a hard course has something to do with this, but there has to be more to it than just the course.

This is my first time tracking stats on the official GHIN site.  I wonder if they are correctly calculating stats for my 9 hole scores for the overall percentages?   Some are so far off from expected, I wonder if 9-hole scores are being computed wrong in context of overall averages?   Hmmmm......probably not, but it's leaving me scratching my damn head!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

• Administrator

Could you please recommend an appropriate thread title?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Could you please recommend an appropriate thread title?

I looked at the stats, and the improper capitalization notwithstanding, I understand the thread title completely! ;-) One good reason I don't keep stats. :-D

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

David, I just posted the first thing that came to mind when looking at my stats!  Hahahaha.....

IACAS.....You make a valid point.  Because you are the ADMIN, can you change it to....................."Stat Keepers....Share your Golf Stats" or something along those lines.    The edit function won't allow me to edit the thread title.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Your drives aren't too long, are they? ;-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

You realize you started a thread called… http://thesandtrap.com/t/54523/share-your-golf-stats-here three years ago right?

Merging.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

iacas....thanks for merging.   I can't remember which threads I started 2 weeks ago so there is little/no chance I remember those from 3 years ago!!   Hahahaha....I am glad you found the original.  I am already comparing notes!!   NICE.....

What's in Paul's Bag:

Note: This thread is 3549 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!