IGNORED

NYTimes piece on Yani Tseng

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/07/sports/golf/yani-tseng-a-golf-celebrity-in-taiwan-finds-less-fanfare-in-america.html?ref=sports

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great Article. I think Yani is going to end up the best ever (male or female). It's a shame she'll never get the limelight she deserves.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Originally Posted by Bo the Golfer

Great Article. I think Yani is going to end up the best ever (male or female). It's a shame she'll never get the limelight she deserves.

The greatest ever, male or female? I don't see this happening but if it does I'm sure she will get the recognition she deserves.

I have problem with name recognition and the golger, especilly with asians but also with europens and some young yanks.  Don't have trouble with Creamer, Gulbis.  Just more exposure. Tseng needs a better agent.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Originally Posted by bigoak

I have problem with name recognition and the golger, especilly with asians but also with europens and some young yanks.  Don't have trouble with Creamer, Gulbis.  Just more exposure. Tseng needs a better agent.

Maybe some big fake boobs will help her name get out there.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

I don't want to see that calendar.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by MSchott

The greatest ever, male or female? I don't see this happening but if it does I'm sure she will get the recognition she deserves.

How could you not see this happening?  She won 11 times this year and at 22 she already has 5 majors.  What about this doesn't make you think she that she won't be the greatest ever?  I don't think she will get any recognition until she retires.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Originally Posted by Quinn07

How could you not see this happening?  She won 11 times this year and at 22 she already has 5 majors.  What about this doesn't make you think she that she won't be the greatest ever?  I don't think she will get any recognition until she retires.

I agree that she could be the greatest ever if you are referring to her respective, LPGA, sport.  I think Tiger could beat her though....but

But in terms of respective leagues, defiently could happen, those numbers are incredible.  Wouldnt suprise me one bit.

But in the end of the day......Who really cares about the LPGA                  (please dont get affended by this) more of a joke than anything...but still true lol

Tiger90

Originally Posted by Tiger90

I agree that she could be the greatest ever if you are referring to her respective, LPGA, sport.  I think Tiger could beat her though....but

But in terms of respective leagues, defiently could happen, those numbers are incredible.  Wouldnt suprise me one bit.

But in the end of the day......Who really cares about the LPGA                  (please dont get affended by this) more of a joke than anything...but still true lol

As you are clearly from a non-English speaking background, you probably don't really understand that the LPGA has a long history  - 60 years, in fact.

Just because it doesn't relate to your culture, it doesn't mean no-one cares about it. Perhaps not in your country, but Koreans and Americans do, I promise you that.

If ever you visit the United States you should go to a tournament. You might be surprised.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Probably the other 50% of the population, at least.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

As you know in golf, just because you beat someone on any given day, week, whatever, doesn't necessarily mean you are a better player.  In golf someones success is heavily weighted on the number of majors they have won.  I think Yani will have more majors than any other pro golfer (female or male) when her career is done.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

She may have a better record than Tiger, but it'll be against other women. It's hard to believe that, person vs person, she'll be the best player. If Tiger, Phil, or any other big name male played the women's tournaments, they would probably be racking up wins like crazy, even from a young age.

• Upvote 1

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by Shorty

As you are clearly from a non-English speaking background, you probably don't really understand that the LPGA has a long history  - 60 years, in fact.

Just because it doesn't relate to your culture, it doesn't mean no-one cares about it. Perhaps not in your country, but Koreans and Americans do, I promise you that.

If ever you visit the United States you should go to a tournament. You might be surprised.

lol, Im from Toronto hahha.  I was just joking buddy, all i was getting at is that i enjoy watching the PGA way more than LPGA...don't read too much into it

Tiger90

Originally Posted by Quinn07

As you know in golf, just because you beat someone on any given day, week, whatever, doesn't necessarily mean you are a better player.  In golf someones success is heavily weighted on the number of majors they have won.  I think Yani will have more majors than any other pro golfer (female or male) when her career is done.

I totally agree, winning under pressure is a very big part of golf. Because as we all know golf is 90% mental and the other 10% is mental.  To be the best, you have to beat the best in the most pressure situations, which are majors.  I think she will too....

Tiger90

lol, Im from Toronto hahha.  I was just joking buddy, all i was getting at is that i enjoy watching the PGA way more than LPGA...don't read too much into it

How is writing like that "joking"?

Why would you want people to think that you can't write in English?

Fair enough if you are French Canadian, I suppose. Sorry if French is your main language.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 4489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!