IGNORED

Does President Obama play too much Golf?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Kobey

Wow, now if we could just squeeze in some religion and abortion posts this thread would have everything.

No kidding. The pro-gun people let it go, wish the other side could do the same.

Originally Posted by boogielicious

... 30 rounds in 3 years is nothing.

Not that it it makes your point moot or anything, but to be accurate it's actually 30 rounds per year, over three years.

Bill

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Romney is a buffoon.  He flip flops more than a California surfer dude!  You know what the President was doing the day after he gave the order to Seal Team 6?  He was on the course.  You know what tipped off the staff that something big was up?  His golf shoes were sitting in the Oval Office behind his desk.  He played 9 holes of golf before heading back to the White House to watch the whole thing unfold.  If Republicans want the White House back, they would be well served focusing on the issues at hand, you know, like our 8.6% unemployment rate and dwindling working middle class, instead of zoning in on these petty issues that only about 2% of the population cares about.  Yes, I am a Democrat!  LOL.

I vote mostly Democrat, even though I'm way left of the Democratic party on things, and certainly way left of Obama (who's a centrist that many nutjobs call a Commie because it's more socially acceptable than direct racial attacks, or because they heard it on some hate machine program, or both, but who really cares). All that being said, I think the guy's been a tremendous dissapointment as a President.

STILL...

The guy doesn't play too much golf. He doesn't go on a disproportionate amount of vacations for a POTUS, and whilst on these vacations, he plays golf. He also plays golf every once in a while to do business or unwind. Big deal.

I hated "W" as a POTUS, and golf had nothing to do with it. In fact, if he'd have applied some of the lessons the links teach to the Presidency, he'd probably have not been such an embarrasing, insufferable boob.

Obama should play golf or do any activity that breeds self-control, encourages clear thinking, and being accountable for one's actions.

This whole thing's almost as ridiculous as Rick Perry's new ad . But not quite.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

There are few people (certainly none among this forum) who would raise an eyebrow over a friend, co-worker, or family member that plays 18 holes every weekend during the warm-weather season between April and October. That's essentially how often the President has played over his term in office, and the only issue here is how certain people are trying to make it an issue.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Absolutely not. As has been said, nothing stops him from working on the course. The President is not a content creator. He doesn't need to be sitting in front of a computer typing away or on an assembly line. Honestly, if that's the best criticism they can come up with, he must not be a bad President.

Alright I have one question, upon seeing his ball, buried in the rough. 20 yards off the fairway, does he blame the bad drive on the previous Bush administration?? :p

In my  taylormade.gif Stratus Stand bag

Driver:  taylormade.gif 10.5* 2009 Burner

3 Wood: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

3 Hybrid: taylormade.gif 2008 Burner

Ironstaylormade.gif  Burner 1.0 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG15  56*

Putter:  taylormade.gif Rossa Monza Spider Vicino

Ball Callaway HX Diablo Tour

President Obama carries a Blackberry and I think I've seen photos of him using it while golfing. Plus when he plays, he's usually golfing with other politicians (Boehner), writers (Tom Friedman for one) and businessmen so you could say he is conducting indirectly the nation's affairs on the links. A writer (agree with Friedman or not) will give him ideas on policy and 4 hours with politicians and businessmen may grease the wheels in terms of laws and policy being implemented.

You want someone with the football to let off some steam once in awhile, whether it be running (Clinton), mountain biking and clearing brush (Bush 43), etc...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well the piss poor Bush economy probably resulted in cuts to the maintence budget of the course. The real question is his stock shot a fade or a draw? Both the left and the right can disagree on that.

Originally Posted by WhackAndHack

Alright I have one question, upon seeing his ball, buried in the rough. 20 yards off the fairway, does he blame the bad drive on the previous Bush administration?? :p

Originally Posted by ohiolefty

I vote mostly Democrat, even though I'm way left of the Democratic party on things, and certainly way left of Obama...

...and I thought your username was all about what side you stood on when addressing the ball.  Now we all know that it also describes your political stance.  +1 for the double entendre.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by WhackAndHack

I think he's more frustrated that GWB left him with a buried lie in a giant sand trap.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by zeg

I think he's more frustrated that GWB left him with a buried lie in a giant sand trap.

And he has no idea how to get out... his caddy handed him a club with only a shaft ...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Saw Obama teeing off on the first at my usual track, Kaneohe Klipper (K-Bay) at Marine Corps Base--Hawaii.  His group had forty golf carts, four golf bags, and one grotesquely wicked left-handed lunge.  I think he popped it up.  BTW I had to pass through three checkpoints to get off the course that day (he was about two hours behind me) and was glad to leave that mess in my rear-view.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I agree, Carter and GW are lucky Obama came along or they would be fighting it out for the bottom.  As for how much golf Obama plays, I wish he'd play more that would give him less time to mess up this country.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I think Obama may be the worst president our country has ever seen, and his love for golf has nothing to do with why I feel this way..........not relevant.

Joe Paradiso

Is there really such thing as too much golf. I mean as long as he's doing his job....... Oh wait, he's not but that has nothing to do with his golf game. --- I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.262525,-119.575067

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

I think your insulting carter. He was middle of the road guy. Guys like GB(starting a unpaid for war and then shattering the economy), nixon, and Hoover (lets do nothing as the country is falling apart) are in a whole different category.. And that is ignoring some of the 1800s guys. Right now BO's legacy is going to be all about health care reform that might not take effect until he is out of the office. We will have to give it 10 years to see how it works. Remember Canadian health was very unpopular when it was first implemented. Now they can't image the country without it. If the US turns out the same way, we might overlook his inability to repeal the bush tax cuts and pass a meaningfull stimulus.

Quote:

I agree, Carter and GW are lucky Obama came along or they would be fighting it out for the bottom.  As for how much golf Obama plays, I wish he'd play more that would give him less time to mess up this country.

I also voted no, Ironically that's about the same amount I have played in the last three years. I figure I played 11 rounds this season, plus twice in the simulator this past winter (after all we had a mere 80"'s of snow last winter) I played several more times last year than this year, and again twice in the simulator durring the winter. But then significantly less the year before, and only once in Feburary (my divorce Atty. was against me having 'fun" money on my finacial Affdvt. papers).

So to me, like posters have said, thirty rounds is nothing. many of you play so much more. I wish I could.

Now my Political rant. I was raised in the 50's and 60's to Respect the office of the President, Not the man in the chair. My childhood included a multi-generalational, mixed party family. Both the Republicans and the Democrats took turns throwing their dinner plates accross the room, every time an election year came around. Sometimes me and my sisters didn't even get to eat food that had not been "airborne" at some time.

I raised my own childeren in a "no political disscussion at the dinner table home". My Ex-wife and I were of different political belief's.  She would occasionally try to engage in political discussions. Sorry, not interested. And the wonderful Girl I live with now, (of the same political beief), I still don't discuss politics with. She understands.

One Tuesday morning I saw two buildings I had watched being built  as a child, fall down. (539 W. 52nd St. and an apt. on Central park west). And the Pentagon and a field in Pa. also had bad things happen. Don't they seem to happen somewhere every day? Some kid some where see's something horrible.

The man who sits in "the chair" in "the office" has to make the decision he see fits. Like it or not he wanted that chair, and he has it. Respect the office. Isn't that the world we live in?

Win or lose, All of our respective votes count.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Note: This thread is 4158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!