IGNORED

TRUE Shoes, Barefoot, and More

Note: This thread is 2279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone know any reasonable equivalents to the Tour and Proto shoes?  I kinda stopped looking once I found the original TRUE Tour model and have remained brand loyal until now.

Look at the Ecco Biom Zero

http://us.shop.ecco.com/mens-biom-zero-golf/130304,default,pd.html

For some reason, the 2014 True lineup did not interest me. Hopefully, 2015 will change that...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I may try the Barefoot B.E.R.B.S or the Vivo Barefoot. Neither are great looking but then again neither are most of the new True's.

Dave :-)

• Administrator

Anyone know any reasonable equivalents to the Tour and Proto shoes?  I kinda stopped looking once I found the original TRUE Tour model and have remained brand loyal until now.

Just wait to see what their fall lineup is like.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I shake my little touche on the catwalk

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I am on my second pair of True shoes.  I had a pair of the Phx and fell in love with them...when I wore them out, I bought the Proto.  Couldn't be happier.  I tried on a few of the minimalist offerings from other companies, and I think they may have matched the "zero-drop" sole, but none had the same room in the toebox.

I don't think I'll ever own a different brand of golf shoes.

- John

Look at the Ecco Biom Zero

http://us.shop.ecco.com/mens-biom-zero-golf/130304,default,pd.html

For some reason, the 2014 True lineup did not interest me. Hopefully, 2015 will change that...

That's a great looking shoe.  I will definitely check those out.  Ouch on the price tag though.

This is my plan, I won't need new shoes this year but I will definitely need to pick something up for next season.

Complicated by the fact that Golf Town (all of my local ones anyway) have stopped carrying TRUE.  I won't buy without trying on first so may have to switch brands anyway.

Brad

My TRUE gents were mistaken for Footjoy Icon's today B-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the vegas and the sensei?  I am thinking of pulling the trigger on some vegas shoes now that they are only 100.00 and want to make sure I get the right size.  I am really a fan on the sensei as they are super comfortable but in any kind of wet conditions, they do not hold up well and my feet are getting soaked.

It looks like the vegas are going to be more waterproof than the sensei so I can just wear the sensei as my normal shoe or something to take to the range and use the new shoe as normal golf wear

Have a pair of Sensei on the way. I see to be in the minority that I like the more narrow toe box.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Here's why I often practice barefoot, and it has nothing to do with natural vs. unnatural, it's about helping my swing

If it's good enough for Snead, it's good enough for me.  It helps my tempo a lot.

Some people ask me about it, and for the first time someone asked me if I was worried about chemicals.  I thought he was joking at first.  Then I told him how as kids we used to clean the ball on the green, so never worried much about standing on grass.  Some people worry too much.

I have wide feet and my favorite casual shoes are lightweight running shoes (currently Brooks Ghost 11.5 2E) even though I don't jog or run. Walking has less stress on joints and back. In 2005 I purchased a pair of Men's Bite AC 2 golf shoes in a search for a light weight running style mesh golf shoe with spikes. Since the that time these golf shoes have been my favorite golf shoes and the ones I wear in summer when I play 80% of my golf.  When the white mesh was dirty I put them in the washing machine then let them air dry in the sun.  I guess these Bites have about 200 rounds of golf on them. New spikes at the beginning of the season and last year had to replace the shoe strings.  However, now the adhesive between the sole and uppers in coming unglued.  I going to miss these shoes. The most comfortable golf shoes I have ever owned.

The Bites were mediums with......" More foot support, yet still extremely light and breathable. Biotrac outsole with Bite's exclusive FootFrame. Sectional outsole provides biomechanically sound forefoot flex. Wide toe box encourages foot health and natural alignment. FootFrame piece supports the arch and provides torsional rigidity. Extra multi-directional traction teeth grip in all conditions, strategically positioned for the golf swing. Fast Twist Bitespikes for green-friendly traction and quick replacement. Beveled heel for shock absorption and natural foot motion." according to Bite and after 9 years of use I agree.  In 2007 Crocs bought Bite Footwear and this shoe disappeared. The new Crocs golf shoes do not seem to be anything like the Bite's.

Can anyone speak to the medium True's or Ecco's ability to have a wide enough toe box to handle wide feet and true to size length (please indicate your running shoe size and width.  Would also consider other shoe recommendations as well.  Important features;  ability of shoe to breath, in hot humid summers (primary reason for mesh uppers, weight, comfort and durability.  Your experience with spikeless durability such as rounds of wear before spikeless no longer grip well especially in dew covered grass or on spiked shoes can you feel the spikes through the stock insoles.  Are the insoles removeable?   Have you ever washed the shoe in the washing machine?

Thanks,

cybear

The-Bear's: OGIO Backpacks Golf Bags and Work Bags cart bag.

Driver:       ping.gif Rapture 10.5 w/stock R
Fairways:  cleveland.gif 588 14 Matrix Ozik 6Q3 R
Hybrids:   adams.gif a12os 3h-6h Grafalloy Prolanch blue 60 R

Irons:      adams.gif a12os 7-PW Grafalloy Prolanch blue 60 R
Wedges:  Hopkins Black Stain Chrome 48-08 full sole, 52-08 shelf, 56-14 channel Hopkins OTM steel W

Putter:     ping.gif  B60i IsoPur 

Ball:       callaway.gif Supersoft ball

I now own a pair of True's (Sensei).  I haven't worn them golfing yet but so far I like them a lot just walking around.   I hit balls with them at the range when it was wet and didn't notice them slipping at all which is what I was worried about going to a spike less shoe.  So after reading this thread Im guessing they come out with new models fairly often? Im asking because I wouldn't mind getting a pair or True's that are waterproof.

• Administrator
I now own a pair of True's (Sensei).  I haven't worn them golfing yet but so far I like them a lot just walking around.   I hit balls with them at the range when it was wet and didn't notice them slipping at all which is what I was worried about going to a spike less shoe.  So after reading this thread Im guessing they come out with new models fairly often? Im asking because I wouldn't mind getting a pair or True's that are waterproof.

At least once a year, yeah.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am on my second pair of True shoes.  I had a pair of the Phx and fell in love with them...when I wore them out, I bought the Proto.  Couldn't be happier.  I tried on a few of the minimalist offerings from other companies, and I think they may have matched the "zero-drop" sole, but none had the same room in the toebox. I don't think I'll ever own a different brand of golf shoes.

Just picked up my first pair of True's. Woot had a special on True Tours for $49 - figured I couldn't go wrong based on the hype I'd heard from everyone. I've never purchased shoes without trying them on so this was a total gamble (never found anyone in my area who carried them for me to try on). They arrived yesterday and I put them on right away expecting to be disappointed by everyone's expectation setting "most comfortable shoe ever" promotions. I was wrong. They are so comfortable that I didn't want to take them off - in fact, I didn't take them off - wore them around the house the rest of the day just because. I had read on a thread here where someone compared the feeling of True's to "walking on a cloud of titties" - I now know how accurate a description that is. While, in full disclosure, I've never actually walked on titties, if I ever did, this is exactly what I expect it would feel like. The toebox is wide which is a bit visually distracting but I'll get used to it because these things are damn comfortable. Haven't taken them to the course yet (that's later today hopefully) so can't speak for traction, etc. but I'm optimistic. I went all spikeless about a year ago and have had some problems with slippage in certain FootJoy's. My Ecco Biom's have been great - hoping the True's deliver on- course.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c8a3676a84904d7435ecbb7d7&id;=7bcd0c3705&e;=f56396ea57

THANK YOU, WE TRUELY COULDN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU.

The last four years have been a fun and exciting journey for #teamTRUE. In 2014 we have much to celebrate, from 7 professional victories worldwide, to a 2nd place finish in the #FedExCup, to launching our most innovative and highly praised line yet! So for a limited time only, everything on the site is Buy One Get One - FREE! Limited quantities and sizing are available so grab your favorite 2014 gear while it lasts. Thanks for the support, let's finish the year strong together, and don't forget to get out and #EnjoyTheWalk.
shop now with discount code: bogo14
Instructions: After adding any two products to your bag, click view cart in the top right hand corner, then enter 'bogo14' in the discount codes section, click apply coupon, and the equal or lesser value will show up free, then proceed to checkout. Offer expires 11/07/14
Mark Foley, Ashburn, VA
"I just received my seventh pair of True's in less than 2 years time and wanted to drop the staff a huge thank you note to let you know how they have changed the way I enjoy the game of golf.

Im currently a 6 handicap and average 90 plus rounds a year playing in all kinds of conditions from the heat, humidity and sandy base of South Carolina, the desert terrain of Arizona or Mexico and finally the ever changing weather patterns of wet and windy Northern Ireland to name a few. I'm a former college football player who wore cleats on hard turf for way too many years, in addition to having a foot with little arch and a left knee that's had reconstructive ligament surgery. I recall every time I finished 18 holes of lugging around heavyweight golf shoes of other manufacturers my feet were beyond spent and sore. I was barely able to step out of my truck from a 30 minute drive home after a round.

So two years ago when I tried those initial pair of True Sensei's on it was an instant match made in heaven. They felt great in the store, but the next day as I walked down the first fairway I was absolutely floored with delight!! I literally felt like I was walking barefoot. The low profile and wide toe box allows me to feel in complete balance at setup, and the bottom of the soles allow my left foot to pivot effortlessly during my swing while reducing the amount of torque my knee used to endure when wearing conventional soft spikes.

Now I even wear my older models to run on the treadmill and workout in. Plus, the fact that they are so stylish now with the new True Gent Wingtip is an added bonus. I probably check your site 2-3 times a week just to make sure I'm not missing out on a new line or special promo... Seriously though, thanks again for making my good walks "not" spoiled any longer."

Share your TRUE stories with us by email at info@truelinkswear.com of via social media links below.

http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c8a3676a84904d7435ecbb7d7&id;=7bcd0c3705&e;=f56396ea57

Just ordered two new pairs of shoes :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Dam you Erik you just cost me some $$$. And now I have to explain to my wife why I bought another pair of golf shoes even though I already have 3 pairs.

Note: This thread is 2279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!