IGNORED

Superstar Field at Abu Dhabi This Week

brocks
Note: This thread is 4475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

How long has he been on tour?

Brandon

Just wondering........why couldn't you have looked that up yourself, rather than getting someone else to do it?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I thought Rock would crack under the pressure, but instead it looks like Tiger did.

Yeah. His confidence has obviously taken a couple of blows the last three years, but I really didn't expect him to be that wild on a Sunday. The good news for him is that he was leading after 3 rounds and just needed to play a solid last round of golf to win the tournament. The more he plays, the more he'll be in contention, the more confident he'll be. I'm actually surprised he was leading after three rounds this week. I know his game is better than it's been in a long time, but to go out there and take the lead was good for him. Perhaps now he can finally start chasing majors again.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well Tiger's game is up there to win majors again. Negative of this week is that he was very much in there to win it the last day. But he didn't do it. He actually had one of the worst scores today of the whole field. That tells that mentally he is far away from being the old Tiger.

Great win by Rock. Like someone said he is a pretty good player who has had some great results already. He won a tourney last year i think. holding Tiger and Rory off on the last day is going to give him the confidence to win more tourney's in the coming years i'm sure..

Originally Posted by forza utreg

Well Tiger's game is up there to win majors again. Negative of this week is that he was very much in there to win it the last day. But he didn't do it. He actually had one of the worst scores today of the whole field. That tells that mentally he is far away from being the old Tiger.

I think you'll find that the problem was very simple.

He drove the ball atrociously.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

other than those couple pitches on the front and a the few bad iron shots on the back, tiger didn't play that bad today. i know all of you guys are gonna all fired up for me saying that. But I just think he was a little too jacked up,,,and thats what he will learn to control. He said it himself in his post round interview...he said he was hitting 3 woods like 320 yards and they were running through fairways...he also hit a couple approach shots 10-15 yards over the green. He will learn to tone that excitement down. Anyone who says that this week wasn't a positive, is out of their mind. That is one of the best fields of the year, and Robert Rock obviously played really well. I know he is Tiger Woods and everyone thinks if he doesn't win, it's a negative. BUT the guy is coming off multiple knee surgeries and a nasty divorce. Give him a break. Pebble Beach field better look out!!! Cuz he actually knows that course....knows it VERY well. Booya
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

You are right, the only negative thing about this week was, that he didn't won it. And I think if the 3rd shot on the par5 10th would have stayed on the fringe instead of trickling down in that bunker, he would have done that. This hole killed his momentum after the birdie on 9.

I'm looking forward to Pebble too, there Tiger can do some serious damage to the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

How long has he been on tour?

Brandon

Just wondering........why couldn't you have looked that up yourself, rather than getting someone else to do it?

Partly to promote dialogue, and partly because it was somewhat rhetorical. Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by mcfc_nick

he'll top 5 it

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Ah, that was a nice nap after staying up all night! Great win for Rock. With his good looks and after beating Tiger and Rory in convincing fashion, he should be a big star in Europe now. I don't expect him to stay hatless for very long; the sponsors should be lining up already. Disappointing day for Tiger, but overall, how could finishing T3 in this field not be a positive? It's certainly a harder feat than squeaking out a win over Zack Johnson in an 18-man field, which means he is still improving. He's still working out the kinks in his swing, and judging from his comments, he isn't yet used to the distance he gets when he flushes one. And with all due respect to some of the other posters, his short game needs a LOT of work. Tiger even mentioned that he blew those two pitches that gave him back to back bogeys on the front nine. All of that is correctable, and now that he's playing every other week, the improvement should accelerate. It might take a full year to get completely comfortable with his new swing and regain the #1 spot, but his last four events (counting the PC) show that he's already probably one of the top five players in the world again. He could have won today with a few breaks, but that's what they all say. But if he continues to improve, by Masters time, he might not even need the breaks.

Originally Posted by mcfc_nick

I had your back!!!   And I accused people of smoking crack!    ha

"I agree...I really think he will top 5 it...if not win.   Let me put it this way...I will be seriously surprised if he is out of the top 15.   Whoever says he is gonna miss the cut must be smoking crack.  He's healthy, back to practicing full time and is hungry as ever!"

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

People should be more worried about Luke Donald than Tiger Woods.  At least Tiger, who is near the end of the swing-rebuilding cycle, was in contention.  Luke should be riding high yet he played pretty poorly.  Doesn't bode well for those who picked him to stay #1 for very long.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

People should be more worried about Luke Donald than Tiger Woods.  At least Tiger, who is near the end of the swing-rebuilding cycle, was in contention.  Luke should be riding high yet he played pretty poorly.  Doesn't bode well for those who picked him to stay #1 for very long.

I 100% agree with you!  Luke hit it all over the lot...right, left, right, left.   If his short game wasn't so good, he wouldn't have even come close to making the cut.

Great win for Rock, really happy for him! It's very good as well to see Tiger, even if a bit rusty, competing again!

About Kaymer and Donald, I really think they were still on holidays! :D

p.s. Bravo Matteo! :)

Originally Posted by forza utreg

You may be right. On the other hand, he is still getting it altogether. When one spends so much time on the full swing, the short game is inconsistent until it is polished. I don't think it's mental -- the guy is a "nervous" player from all accounts and throughout his career - perfect on the range yet nervous on the course. I think it's more of a matter of time.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The odds were stacked against Robert Rock, but they tilted in his favor.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Face it, he was just more rad on the day, bro.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Is Rory the Rodney Dangerfield of golf??? Dude finishes 2nd place, misses the win by one stroke despite a 2 stroke penalty and all anyone wants to talk about is the T3?

What about Gmac and Bjorn? Not a Tiger-hater but c'mon, there are other stories in the field.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

You right but some guys are really missing Tiger..

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Is Rory the Rodney Dangerfield of golf??? Dude finishes 2nd place, misses the win by one stroke despite a 2 stroke penalty and all anyone wants to talk about is the T3?

What about Gmac and Bjorn? Not a Tiger-hater but c'mon, there are other stories in the field.

Note: This thread is 4475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!