• Announcements

    • iacas

      Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

      Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobSweat

Best pants/shorts to avoid embarrassing sweat marks?

27 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I do not sweat like a normal person.  I can go an entire day without deodorant on my underarms and barely sweat.  Forehead will be as dry as ever.  I (pretty much) only sweat from my back and butt.  Obviously when golfing I'll wear black shorts/pants to avoid any embarrassing swamp stains, but every company these days makes some variation of Dri-fit, sweat-wicking golf pants and shirts.

Does anyone have experience with these and which are the best on the market for avoiding sweat stains/marks on the clothing?  Nike better than Adidas?  Izod better than Calloway?  Under armour better than all?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Serious thread.  Thanks.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Although I do not share your affliction, I nonetheless look forward to the replies

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by BobSweat

Serious thread.  Thanks.

Sorry but this thread made me laugh... I can't answer though as I do not have this problem/issue.  My advice would be to drink plenty of fluids...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Figured some people would have some fun with this, and its cool.  Definitely a weird problem/question/thread.  However, any serious answers would be helpful.  Gotta be some other sweaters out there who wear this dri-fit type stuff and can vouch for a brand they know works.

TIA.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may want clothes with a higher percentage synthetic fibres. The weat don't soak up a synthetic apparel in the same way. Shirts should be easy enough to find, but pants may be harder. You also have to consider what color to choose. Beige is a bad color if you want to avoid stains, go for darker clothes. Black, dark grey, dark blue, dark brown etc. Still, a dark pant in cotton will soak up sweat. It might get very hot, but you could consider trying out some breathing super underwear underneath the pants. They might trap the moisture and prevent it from soaking into the outer pant. The ideal would be as much synthetic fibres as you can find. Most of my Nike pants are made out of 50%+ cotton, but I got one pair (Nike Low Rise Slim) which got 95% polyester and 5% elastan (elastic fibres). It still shows if I dab some water on it, but it will disappear faster. Perhaps something like that combined with something underneath to take up most of the sweat. I also got a pair Peak Performance 100% cotton pants. They are dark blue and with a pattern, so moisture won't be as visible, but it will also hold the sweat, so it might be a bad fit. My best bet is on a dark pant with a pattern and a high percentage synthetic fibres. Combined with something underneath to take up most of the sweat might also be a good match. I don't have the same sweat issues as you, but I can not wear bright colored shirts in cotton. They get pit stains very quickly. I usually wear synthetic or a combination with wool on the course, on legs and torso.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by Zeph

You may want clothes with a higher percentage synthetic fibres. The weat don't soak up a synthetic apparel in the same way.

Shirts should be easy enough to find, but pants may be harder. You also have to consider what color to choose. Beige is a bad color if you want to avoid stains, go for darker clothes. Black, dark grey, dark blue, dark brown etc. Still, a dark pant in cotton will soak up sweat.

It might get very hot, but you could consider trying out some breathing super underwear underneath the pants. They might trap the moisture and prevent it from soaking into the outer pant.

The ideal would be as much synthetic fibres as you can find. Most of my Nike pants are made out of 50%+ cotton, but I got one pair (Nike Low Rise Slim) which got 95% polyester and 5% elastan (elastic fibres). It still shows if I dab some water on it, but it will disappear faster. Perhaps something like that combined with something underneath to take up most of the sweat.

I also got a pair Peak Performance 100% cotton pants. They are dark blue and with a pattern, so moisture won't be as visible, but it will also hold the sweat, so it might be a bad fit.

My best bet is on a dark pant with a pattern and a high percentage synthetic fibres.

Combined with something underneath to take up most of the sweat might also be a good match.

I don't have the same sweat issues as you, but I can not wear bright colored shirts in cotton. They get pit stains very quickly. I usually wear synthetic or a combination with wool on the course, on legs and torso.


This.... plus make sure you wear the right kind of underwear like compression shorts. You can buy any type of pants or shorts you want but if your underwear is swamped it will show.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Gresh24

There is no hiding Swamp Ass...


LOL. I don't have swamp ass per-se, but it does get hot in the south late summer. I just wear light colors and dri-fit type clothing. No particular brand.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by clubchamp

This.... plus make sure you wear the right kind of underwear like compression shorts. You can buy any type of pants or shorts you want but if your underwear is swamped it will show.



This is good... I wouldn't say that I have the quite the problem the OP does, but I do sweat a lot myself and I've noticed that I stay much dryer up top if I wear a compression shirt under my polo.  I'd assume it'd be the same if you wore compression shorts...

I also agree with the idea of wearing pants with a high amount of synthetic materials... If you have a Target around you check out their C9 golf pants/shorts... they are really light weight and dry pretty quickly.  I think that you'll have good luck with those and as a bonus they are a bit cheaper than the Nike/Adidas/UA stuff.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Underarmour or New Balance synthetic boxers - love them for daily wear

loose fitting synthetic shorts or pants that breathe and evaporate

and use similar synthetics - either white or dark shirts.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Synthetic fibers, and a color that won't show it as much (black, dark blue, dark brown) should do the trick. And you don't have to spend a boatload of cash either, check discount sites and look into 'lesser' brands (Izod can be had at Macy's for a decent price).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by ohiolefty

Synthetic fibers, and a color that won't show it as much (black, dark blue, dark brown) should do the trick. And you don't have to spend a boatload of cash either, check discount sites and look into 'lesser' brands (Izod can be had at Macy's for a decent price).



+1.  While I tend to wear Nike Dri Fit pants/shorts and UA shirts--primarily for fit and feel reasons, I do have a couple of el cheapo synthetic golf shirts that I bought for $15 and they work just great.  Now, they may not feel as nice against the skin and/or they may not stretch/give as well during the swing like my UA shirts do, but for $35 less per shirt, I can live with that.  Also, I find that Adidas seems to be discounted more often and deeper than Nike and UA in the pro shops/sports stores.  Another option is to try the outlets for Nike/Adidas/UA/Ashworth.  They have them all over the country and if there's not one local, I'm sure they'll ship.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no hiding Swamp Ass...

August in South Florida can bring out the beast in you. I typically do dark synthetic Izod shorts. Save the light khaki for those cooler days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I also dont have this problem I can understand your problem, I played with someone wearing white pants with a bad gas problem, the final result was white pants that looked like a coffee filter, anyway while all is not the same I use moisture wicking t - shirts and wicking polos and they work great, I would think using under wear that is wicking would help along with the darker colors of the spectrum. good luck

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 These are great, I prefer the boxer briefs, but in any case they will help keep you drier.  I use them when I work out and to run in if the shorts I'm wearing doesn't include a liner.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Underarmour or New Balance synthetic boxers - love them for daily wear

loose fitting synthetic shorts or pants that breathe and evaporate

and use similar synthetics - either white or dark shirts.



0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by Tomboys

+1.  While I tend to wear Nike Dri Fit pants/shorts and UA shirts--primarily for fit and feel reasons, I do have a couple of el cheapo synthetic golf shirts that I bought for $15 and they work just great.  Now, they may not feel as nice against the skin and/or they may not stretch/give as well during the swing like my UA shirts do, but for $35 less per shirt, I can live with that.  Also, I find that Adidas seems to be discounted more often and deeper than Nike and UA in the pro shops/sports stores.  Another option is to try the outlets for Nike/Adidas/UA/Ashworth.  They have them all over the country and if there's not one local, I'm sure they'll ship.


I don't cheap out on shirts. But, as far as pants go, as long as you have the right colors, I don't see a HUGE difference. I have an Izon outlet by me, and can get the 'better' Izod stuff (which is equivalent to the midline stuff of the good brands) pretty cheaply when I catch a sale.

As far as outlets go, the Nike Outlets are very good. Adidas can be hit and miss, not great discounts. UA is somewhere in the middle. Puma has fantastic outlets, but they're not everywhere like Nike/UA/Addidas/Reebok.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just google Under Armour golf pants - tons to choose from.

Here's a link to get you started.

Don't know if they have any with a pattern on it - it would help hide any stains that may form during the round.

Hope it helps.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4202102&010=SKU-7851848&003=3933188&camp;=CSE:GoogleBase&camp;=CSE:GoogleBase

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • I have no problem with Michigan. I used to drive through it on my way to Canada! Even actually spent some money there! Maybe if I lived in the Toledo area, but I'm on the other side of the state. I'm actually closer to Pittsburgh than I am to Cleveland, but that doesn't mean I'm rooting for the Steelers! OK, something else occurred to me. How does the HI or the handicap services adjust one's handicap to cover rounds on courses of varying difficulty. I could go out on a local goat ranch with a rating of 68.5, and a slope rating of 103 and shoot lights outs. Then I go to a tougher track and blow up so often that my nickname becomes "Dynamite"! I could be totally off the beam here, but I thought the original idea of the handicap "index" was to allow handicaps to be adjusted up or down depending on the strength of the course to be played, based on some standard. It seems to that these associations, or "clubs without real estate" to have no such standard. This may be an arcane question, but it just popped into my head sometime today.
    • Beat my low score on Monday. Shot a 10 over, 83.  Have been working on the clubface drills a lot. When I'm at home or on the range, I don't have much trouble getting the ball to draw. In fact, after a good warm-up and some slow-swing work, I actually have a hard time hitting a fade (well, a small fade...I can slice it on demand ). On the course, it's a bit different...push-draw attempts normally end up in a straight-fade or just a push. Staying within my "shot cone", for the most part, though. I played the first 12 holes with too young guys who were playing from the tips and drove the ball a country-mile. One of 'em was just off the green, pin-high, from 270 with a 3-wood. Fun to watch. They were good luck too, because despite their bombs off the tee, I was rocking my driver and was consistently 10-20 yards ahead of them on every hole with the ~30-50 yard advantage I had on most tees. Although, they were hitting wedges when I was hitting an 7- or 8-iron.  They left after the 12th hole, so I broke out my phone and recorded the rest of the round. Only 6 holes, so I guess it won't count towards my badge, but I enjoyed it and will probably do it again soon. Very cool to be able to go back and review my round in detail like that. The first hole on video was rough. I didn't feel too nervous about the golf (you've already seen my swing), but was afraid to talk and sound stupid...and I'm so used to talking to myself, that just didn't work.  p.s. After posting my rounds from Monday, my handicap dropped below 15 for the first time. I've said it before, but damn I love this site.  
    • Ok since I didn't put up a full swing, here is my 3 wood full swing with a much better camera angle. all help appreciated. I'm losing some tush line but my hip rotation is so much better than it used to be. The biggest thing I'm trying to do is calm that back leg and and keep the arms passive. Anyone think I could use a little more right bend and less leg extension?  
    • Generally on championships i play long corses >7000 yards. Im a short hitter too, so i don´t hit too much wedges to the greens. Only on Par 5 and maybe a short tigth hole. The hybrid i just bougth is necessary.  Think about this too. For the moment it´s what i´ve done. But i not sure about it.  But if I only play with a 4 wood my distances will be.. Driver 250, 5 wood 210, 4 Iron 190. Now i have a big gap between My driver and my 5 wood. I choke down on every club in the bag, can´t choke down more.  My Handicap it´s 0. My awkward distances are on long par 3 and long par 4. Maybe on short par 5 too.  The 6 iron idea is brilliant. Never cross my mind. But i don´t whant to alter my irons. I'm curious, how could you add 1/4 shaft to a club ?? I´m not good on half swings, and i already choke down everything. That´s why i have 5 wedges, no gaps in my wedges but that means 40 yards gap in my longer clubs.  Yes, they are really strong from fabric. I play the titleist AP1 716. Maybe setting my 3 wood from 15 to 16,5 and setting the hybrid from 19 to 21 i can get out of the bag my 4 iron.
      I guess the yards will be as follows: Driver 250
      Wood 220
      Hybrid 200
      5 Iron 180
      6 iron 170 and so on.. and i get to keep all my wedges. What do you think ?
    • Should be fun, but your engineering finals come first! I'm also telling my son to keep his grades up in these last two months so he won't lose his acceptance to UCLA. I'm such an Asian dad these days. . .  
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. holeinone
      holeinone
      (19 years old)
    2. iacas
      iacas
      (39 years old)
    3. Song Dog
      Song Dog
      (46 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon