IGNORED

Share Your Personal Course Pictures

Note: This thread is 1622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting how the drains installed in the green a few years ago show up in the snow.

That is awesome, said the geeky civil engineer who specializes in grading and drainage. :beer:

What more do you know about the drains?  Perforated pipe, filter fabric, and gravel, I presume?  Any idea on the depth?

P.S.  Why are the flags still out there?  Can you grab a glowing orange ball and go play? :-P

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

Interesting how the drains installed in the green a few years ago show up in the snow.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

That is awesome, said the geeky civil engineer who specializes in grading and drainage. :beer:

What more do you know about the drains?  Perforated pipe, filter fabric, and gravel, I presume?  Any idea on the depth?

I understand that it is 2" perforated pipe but I don't know what else went in there. I am sure the depth is at least 15-16" because we do a significantly deep aeration every August and don't want to reach the pipes. We did the project in 2011-12. Here is a picture of one of the holes in progress. We were playing on this green the next day.

Quote:
P.S.  Why are the flags still out there?  Can you grab a glowing orange ball and go play? :-P

We were supposed to have a tournament the next day (Saturday) that was obviously cancelled, but the snow was completely gone and I played 18 on Sunday. :dance: We have a lot of devoted winter golfers and they don't take the flags out until it is obvious that there won't be any play.

Bill M

That is a beautiful course.

Is it a private club?

Yes, private. Whitemarsh Valley Country Club, 106 year old track that was home to a PGA tour event from 1963 through 1980. Arnie won the first one and Nicklaus won three times. I caddied in it as well.

Bill M

Quote:

Originally Posted by ay33660

That is a beautiful course.

Is it a private club?

Yes, private. Whitemarsh Valley Country Club, 106 year old track that was home to a PGA tour event from 1963 through 1980. Arnie won the first one and Nicklaus won three times. I caddied in it as well.

Beautiful course.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was invited to play The Las Vegas Country Club today. Its a nice relaxing fun course. Reminds me a lot like Spanish Trails that is also located in LV.

This is a cool hole because you hit towards the Westgate (formerly the Hilton) as the Backdrop for this Par 3. It gives a cool visual effect when watching your ball flight

Sandy Pines Golf Club in DeMotte, Indiana .  I live about a half mile away and have worked here for 4 years.  Nothing else in in the area comes close.

It is about an hour fifteen southeast of Chicago.

Hole 2 from the teebox.

Hole 6.  The most difficult 320 yard par 4 I've ever played.

Hole 16.  Toughest rated hole on the course, 498 yard par 4.

This is the signature hole at one of the nicest county courses in south eastern wisconsin. For March the course was in good shape and I absolutely love this view over looking Pewaukee Lake.

Hey guys -

I have taken the plunge and built a site with pictures from the courses I have had the pleasure of playing: http://www.thegolfphotos.com

What started out as a picture or two for keepsake turned into an interesting discovery. While there is no shortage of vanity pictures for a lot of the golf courses, I found it difficult to find pictures from every day golfers, showing everyday playing conditions (until this thread.) Which meant pictures from the tee box, pictures from the rough (or out-of-bounds ;-) as well as fairways and greens.

I will see if anyone cares to view these pictures, otherwise start posting to this thread, in addition or instead :-)

Today @ Washington National Golf Club

• Upvote 3

Mikejtilley, you picked my favorite holes on the course. you just forgot 7, 8, 9, 13, and 17.

Note: This thread is 1622 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!