IGNORED

My Swing (PumaAttack)

pumaAttack
Note: This thread is 2887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@pumaAttack
1. What camera do you use? That is some good quality video.
2. Did you change the slo-mo speed for the downswing? The backswing looks awfully slow in comparison.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

@pumaAttack
1. What camera do you use? That is some good quality video.
2. Did you change the slo-mo speed for the downswing? The backswing looks awfully slow in comparison.

Its an iPhone6 using 240 fps.

Haha no, I was just going that slow on my backswing.  I still haven't engrained that move yet and really need to work on it.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

• 2 weeks later...

Working on some Key #1 stuff.  Currently my head goes way up and towards the target.  I am getting better at keeping it down but its still moving slightly forward.  Need to work on keeping it steady and maybe even away from the target.

Tony  

I'd say that qualifies as a pretty good key #1. There's some head movement in even the best of swings. Maybe some of the experts will correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks pretty good to my untrained eye.

Jon

Your swing is to chippy and lacks extension and shaft lead. You have other issues as well but this is a good place to start and work from there.

Take a look at Master Luke here try to copy this set up left and get a littler farther away from the ball. You will then need to work on your turn and other elements that others are describing here,but this is the place to start. I said to chippy as it's to short and handsy think load up and hinge and go from there. Sometimes visual depiction is better then explanation so that's all i'm offering here. Start here listen to the other members about a centered turn and weight shift and you will progress

''Copy this grip to good luck''

tb11.jpg

Ben-Hogan-Grip.jpg

11 hours ago, Mike Boatright said:

Your swing is to chippy and lacks extension and shaft lead. You have other issues as well but this is a good place to start and work from there.

Take a look at Master Luke here try to copy this set up left and get a littler farther away from the ball. You will then need to work on your turn and other elements that others are describing here,but this is the place to start. I said to chippy as it's to short and handsy think load up and hinge and go from there. Sometimes visual depiction is better then explanation so that's all i'm offering here. Start here listen to the other members about a centered turn and weight shift and you will progress

''Copy this grip to good luck''

Thanks for the reply but I am not putting much weight into your analysis.  I have my own priority pieces and will focus on those.  I have a lot of work to do on my backswing first. 

I am working with a Evolvr coach,@sk golf, and will just go with his instruction.  

Tony  

37 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

I am working with a Evolvr coach,@sk golf, and will just go with his instruction.  

Excellent choice!

• Upvote 1

Michael

Just now, mchepp said:

Excellent choice!

Thanks!

I really like what he has done for my game already and can't wait to keep progressing!

Tony  

17 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

Thanks for the reply but I am not putting much weight into your analysis.  I have my own priority pieces and will focus on those.  I have a lot of work to do on my backswing first. 

17 hours ago, mchepp said:

Excellent choice!

Stephan is my instructor too! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Do you have a DTL view of your swing? The backswing, from that angle, seems to look pretty good to me. It looks like things go a bit south in your transition, but maybe your backswing leads to that.

Specifically, if you look at your head movement in the backswing, it stays pretty steady.

I'm mostly just curious. I would obviously follow whatever your evolvr instructor said. I'm just a little confused because the backswing seems pretty decent to me in that video; I want to see why I'm wrong.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

(edited)
1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Do you have a DTL view of your swing? The backswing, from that angle, seems to look pretty good to me. It looks like things go a bit south in your transition, but maybe your backswing leads to that.

Specifically, if you look at your head movement in the backswing, it stays pretty steady.

I'm mostly just curious. I would obviously follow whatever your evolvr instructor said. I'm just a little confused because the backswing seems pretty decent to me in that video; I want to see why I'm wrong.

Sorry I should have clarified.  That is my improvement to my backswing.  Before I was really moving my head up and forward.  I have worked a lot of keeping my head steady and that was a "progress" video.

My backswing was a total mess,as @iacas and @sk golf can attest to that.  So basically I have just been working on changing the picture in my backswing since last fall.  It has improved a lot and I just need to engrain a few more changes.  

Thanks the reply and comments!

Here is the DTL view:

Edited by pumaAttack

Tony  

I looked back on the first videos you posted, and then looked again at the recent ones, and the improvement is remarkable.  I know you're continuing to work on keeping your head quiet until after impact, but its not too bad now.  You're obviously on the right track, with some pretty solid instruction.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

4 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I looked back on the first videos you posted, and then looked again at the recent ones, and the improvement is remarkable.  I know you're continuing to work on keeping your head quiet until after impact, but its not too bad now.  You're obviously on the right track, with some pretty solid instruction.

Thanks Dave!  I appreciate that.  

I got myself into a world of hurt 4 years ago after reading "Ben Hogans 5 Lessons."  I basically interpreted them terribly and engrained a swing that was completely horrendous.  I should have signed up for Evolvr sooner but glad I finally pulled the trigger!  

Tony  

Ah, that makes sense. I agree; the backswing looks pretty good.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

10 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Ah, that makes sense. I agree; the backswing looks pretty good.

Thanks!

Hopefully I get my backswing fully down soon so I can start working on my downswing.  I need lots of work there too!!

Tony  

16 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

Thanks!

Hopefully I get my backswing fully down soon so I can start working on my downswing.  I need lots of work there too!!

Keep at it. It took me a couple of months when I worked on my first back swing elements. Now I don't even think about it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...

So my instructor, @sk golf, wants me to do a ball between my elbows drill.  

Does anybody have any good recommendations for what type ball to use?  I found something called the Impact Ball but wanted to make sure that was the proper element.

Thanks!

Tony  

Note: This thread is 2887 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!