IGNORED

Big Break Atlantis

SVTGolfer
Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:
Watched it last night... anyone else think that the level of golf is quite poor?

I thought the level of golf was poor too.  But at this point we are mostly watching the worst of the bunch in the eliminations, etc.  The way the show is set up, the best golfers don't hit many shots or get much TV time in the first few episodes. (Unless they have a bad day, which can happen).  I think there are a few ladies who can play, so I would expect the level of golf to improve.  Isn't there a couple of them who have played in the US Open?  I would assume they have some game.

Originally Posted by utztech

The way the show is set up, the best golfers don't hit many shots or get much TV time in the first few episodes. (Unless they have a bad day, which can happen).  I think there are a few ladies who can play, so I would expect the level of golf to improve.  Isn't there a couple of them who have played in the US Open?  I would assume they have some game.

That's my take as well.

Anya is one of those possibly better players that had a bad day and was in the elimination challenge, but then won the challenge.  Coincidentally, she is also the one that made the cut at the ladies US Open.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Hasn't been much golf so you haven't missed anything.  As others stated, early shows are about drama and getting rid of the weakest players.  I think next week will be the first one we see some decent golf.

Originally Posted by Topper

I'm totally lost on this thread and am going to have to start paying attention to things like their golfing and what they say.  I just haven't been able to get past the T&A; yet.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I feel like I'm watching The Real World: Golfing Edition this season, but I like it anyway. I'm hoping Selanee or Gloriana wins, though I sincerely doubt either of them will pull it off.

Originally Posted by El Rustito

I feel like I'm watching The Real World: Golfing Edition this season, but I like it anyway. I'm hoping Selanee or Gloriana wins, though I sincerely doubt either of them will pull it off.

Selanee seems talented but very nervy.  I think that will hold her back from winning.

Brandon

It sucks to see a player like Z eliminated, while a girl like Aubrey (who I have a feeling may be the worst contestant of the past couple seasons) is safe to move on.  I was hoping Z would get a chance to disprove some of the ignorance leveled her way in this thread.  Alas, that isn't meant to be.  Good luck to her on her career.

Anyway, how stupid can a person possibly be to use up 2-3 strokes from 130 yards trying to best 3 feet into a 10-20mph wind?  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Maybe the most boneheaded of decisions I've ever seen on this show.

I also believe they will eventually stop offering the option to buy your way out of elimination.  I would probably do it every time if given the chance unless there were 4+ participants in the elimination challenge.  I can't see anybody passing it up unless they have the most Championship Points by a wide margin and don't want to risk all of them and lose the inside track to the final match.

Brandon

Originally Posted by bplewis24

It sucks to see a player like Z eliminated, while a girl like Aubrey (who I have a feeling may be the worst contestant of the past couple seasons) is safe to move on.  I was hoping Z would get a chance to disprove some of the ignorance leveled her way in this thread.  Alas, that isn't meant to be.  Good luck to her on her career.

Anyway, how stupid can a person possibly be to use up 2-3 strokes from 130 yards trying to best 3 feet into a 10-20mph wind?  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Maybe the most boneheaded of decisions I've ever seen on this show.

I also believe they will eventually stop offering the option to buy your way out of elimination.  I would probably do it every time if given the chance unless there were 4+ participants in the elimination challenge.  I can't see anybody passing it up unless they have the most Championship Points by a wide margin and don't want to risk all of them and lose the inside track to the final match.

Brandon

Wait... I saw how you can buy yourself out of the elimination round, but how does it work exactly? Do you give up all of your points?

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

Sorry to see Z go ... my two fave's have been eliminated.      I'll have to root for  Kelly & those skin tigh tops now

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Last night I was at the local watering hole across from where the ShopRite Classic is being played this week, and we saw a pretty brunette golfer with pigtails - Nataly? Natalia? She was chatting with some friends and Big Break comes on the tv, and she said 'there I am!" and I look up and there she is hitting a wedge. But the funniest thing was some dork comes up to her and asks if she is a pro golfer, and he commences to act like a complete a$$...I heard things like 'maybe you could help me with my swing' (as he does a really pathetic air swing), and at some point he was singing something. I felt so embarassed for her, but it was funny to watch..

dak4n6

Funny how they are sad when certain golfers are gone that they know are solid players. It scares them all because they think if those girls can f up, it could be me next time.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I need to give Zakiya all credit for having the most mature attitude so far when getting eliminated.

How long will Gloriana last? She is the worst decision-maker on this show in memory.

Again, we're not seeing very good golf. We're not seeing very good mind management.

Why do you think the others went after Kelly but the approach shot at 3'3"?

I don't believe they think they really had a good chance of beating Kelly's shot.  I think they are hungry for air time.

I'm kind of glad that Z went home.  I didn't care for her bad attitude and "tough girl" demeanor.

And what about Aubrey?  She seems to have a titch of mental disability to me.

They were being stupid. The best players in the world don't stick it to with in 3 feet from 130 yards very often.  It is a lot harder to evaluate the long drive shots. I am sure most of them thought they could hit it 230 but I didn't get a feel of how bad the wind is.

Originally Posted by ndb8fxe

I don't believe they think they really had a good chance of beating Kelly's shot.  I think they are hungry for air time.

I'm kind of glad that Z went home.  I didn't care for her bad attitude and "tough girl" demeanor.

Originally Posted by inthehole

Sorry to see Z go ... my two fave's have been eliminated.      I'll have to root for  Kelly & those skin tigh tops now

Finally.....a BB'er who gets eliminated and doesn't cry.....I'm rooting for Kelly too.

Originally Posted by dak4n6

Last night I was at the local watering hole across from where the ShopRite Classic is being played this week, and we saw a pretty brunette golfer with pigtails - Nataly? Natalia? She was chatting with some friends and Big Break comes on the tv, and she said 'there I am!" and I look up and there she is hitting a wedge. But the funniest thing was some dork comes up to her and asks if she is a pro golfer, and he commences to act like a complete a$$...I heard things like 'maybe you could help me with my swing' (as he does a really pathetic air swing), and at some point he was singing something. I felt so embarassed for her, but it was funny to watch..

Are you sure it wasn't Kelly and not Natalia.....both kinda look similar with dark hair? Kelly tried to Monday qualify and came in DFL w/ an 80.

Although Natalia could be there....and then onto some USWO qualifiers this week that might be nearby.

BTW...if you or others are attending the Shoprite....go watch one of the qualifiers, Courtney Harter....she's quite the looker....define BB mat'l...I saw her recently in a Cdn tour event.

Sad to see Z leave the show too.  She had an edge which I like, too bad she couldn't back it up when she needed to.  I still am not sure of those remaining who has real golf skills and who has just gotten lucky so far.  Between the pressure of the challenges and the wind none of them looked like they could compete on the LPGA today.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by CallawayGolf25

Wait... I saw how you can buy yourself out of the elimination round, but how does it work exactly? Do you give up all of your points?

The person in the elimination match with the highest amount of "Championship Points" has the option to buy their way out of elimination.  It has cost them "all of" their championship points through the first two times it has been offered.  The incentive to not spend them is that the first person to 100 Championship Points advances directly to the final championship match.  But so far, they haven't introduced any penalties for having the smallest amount of points, like they have in previous seasons.  I have a feeling at some point, they will allow golfers to "wager" points in some challenges, which means the people with the least amount of points will end up in more elimination challenges than others, simply because they have no points to wager.

Originally Posted by ndb8fxe

It was either sheer stupidity or just the natural human obsession with getting your "turn" at something.  One girl wasted 3(!) shots on that and I believe only hit the green once.

Regarding Aubrey, I have a feeling she is the worst player on the show.

Brandon

Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!