IGNORED

Michelle Wie...Will she ever return to her previous form?

Tontj5
Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

T4 in Thailand earlier today. Good play all week. Finished top 20 last week too IIRC.

Yes she has played well so far this year. She also finished 3rd, 24th 7th, and 11th in her last 4 tournaments last year.

As strange and unusual that putting stance is, it is working. Michelle finished #113 on the LPGA in Putts per greens in regulation in 2012. She improved to 25th last year.

As far as the people here that say she does not want it bad enough, I disagree.

Michelle has finally found a peaceful place. She no longer has the pressure of having to live up to that 13 year girl she was. She now is comfortable just being a very good player that will contend most weeks and win once in a while.

• Administrator

Yes she has played well so far this year. She also finished 3rd, 24th 7th, and 11th in her last 4 tournaments last year.

As strange and unusual that putting stance is, it is working. Michelle finished #113 on the LPGA in Putts per greens in regulation in 2012. She improved to 25th last year.

Those of course aren't the best stats to indicate putting ability. If your proximity suffers you're going to fall in the standings of PPGIR. The LPGA doesn't have the cash to do anything like ShotLink for the PGA Tour (from which you can do strokes gained, etc.).

I've been saying it's more her ballstriking for the past few years than her putting. She's just put a lot of pressure on her putting in recent years because too many of her first putts are for par or bogey.

Michelle has finally found a peaceful place. She no longer has the pressure of having to live up to that 13 year girl she was. She now is comfortable just being a very good player that will contend most weeks and win once in a while.

I agree. Just wish she'd have worked with someone on her swing other than Leadbetter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, but I really like watching her putt these days. I bet I'm not the only one either! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

What was her previous form since he seemed to prefer playing with men instead of women?

She finished 4th today ... she may be one of those players that hangs around but doesn't have the short game consistency to win.

But watching her putt?

It brings back my hormones, so I"m for it....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I tend to agree. I still think she would be better off dumping Leadbetter as Erik suggested. It may be that it is too late and the superstar that was going to be, is no longer.

Michael

Yeah, but I really like watching her putt these days.

I bet I'm not the only one either!

But watching her putt?

It brings back my hormones, so I"m for it....

Geez, bunch of dirty of old men on this site :-P

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Michelle won't return to her previous form, because she's 22 years old now. She was a teenager when she first hit the scene. Michelle will have a different, post-college form and game.

For deeper background, see this Charlie Rose interview with Sean Foley about pursuing the perfect golf swing. During the chat, Sean reminds us that Tiger is pushing 40, and needs a different swing than he used when he was 25.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/sean-foley-charlie-rose-10-28-UhPh6GfPTt~WvTlFQVYpLA.html

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

• Administrator
Michelle won't return to her previous form, because she's 22 years old now. She was a teenager when she first hit the scene. Michelle will have a different, post-college form and game.

I don't think form literally means exactly the same body shape AND swing. If that was the case, nobody could ever return to their "previous form" after more than a few months.

I think it just means that she'll return to the placements she was seeing in her first few years playing occasional LPGA Tour events.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is she still using that how low can you go putting stance? If it works I guess don't change it. Until it stops working?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yes... Somebody needs to buy that girl a grown up putter...

I hope they don't....    I rather enjoy watching her spread those long legs out and bending over..........

(to putt of course!)

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

• Administrator

Another top ten finish, btw…

Ninth on the money list with three events played (a few ahead of her have 4, only a few in the entire top 30 have only 2).

• 1 month later...
Michelle is 2 strokes up on Angela Stanford with 5 to play in the Lotte Championship. Live on Golf Channel now. She's looking confident.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Apparently, Stanford came from behind at another tournament in Hawaii to deny Wie her only LPGA victory on US soil. Now, Wie is 5 under for the final round currently with just a 1 stroke lead over Stanford, who was up by 4 strokes at the start of the round. The home crowd is really cheering Michelle on (this is her home course). Can she hang on?!!!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!