IGNORED

2012 AT&T National at Congressional Country Club Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The announcers keep banging on the phrase "hang on" especially on the shots in the rough.

Is it really "hang on" or is it more getting the hands in front and keeping the clubhead from twisting?

"Hang on" sounds like they're holding back something.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Many in the mix anything can happens, long wayto go. Rooting for Tiger always.

What´s in my bag

Driver: Hibore Monster 10.5 Regular Flex, Fujikura
3 wood: Big Bertha 15 Stiff Flex
Hybrid: Halo 22 (3) StiffIrons: X18 3-PWWedges: Vokey Spin 56; 60Putter: Ball: Pro V1

Some years ago you could pretty much end the tournament right here. Tiger always won. I'm surprised if he doesn't win, or at least make it to a playoff.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

It's so good to be able to sit down and watch golf again. I've missed it. If Tiger wins - and I hope I don't jinx it with this - he'll have won the Palmer, Nicklaus and Woods events in the same season. I think no one's ever won all three in the same before (although 2/3 has happened a few times).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

It's so good to be able to sit down and watch golf again. I've missed it. If Tiger wins - and I hope I don't jinx it with this - he'll have won the Palmer, Nicklaus and Woods events in the same season. I think no one's ever won all three in the same before (although 2/3 has happened a few times).

One guy has done that. He might do it again today.

Knowledge of the Rules sometimes gives you an advantage. I've seen players hit the ball into the water and drop on the putting green because the fringe and rough are less than two clublengths wide. Perfectly legal, and I have no problem with that at all.

I have no problem with it either, if they're taking a penalty stroke to do it. My post was about free drops.

Tiger playing like this, and winning is good for golf and good for business, and if business is good, golf will be greater. Like him or hate him you gotta admit that.

What´s in my bag

Driver: Hibore Monster 10.5 Regular Flex, Fujikura
3 wood: Big Bertha 15 Stiff Flex
Hybrid: Halo 22 (3) StiffIrons: X18 3-PWWedges: Vokey Spin 56; 60Putter: Ball: Pro V1

One guy has done that. He might do it again today.

Wow. I was even following golf then, so I should have known. [quote name="Beachcomber" url="/t/59807/2012-at-t-national-at-congressional-country-club-discussion-thread/72#post_734841"]These dudes are hitting 190yd 8-irons.  I just laugh... They are so freaking good. [/quote] They're good, but they're also playing in high temperatures. We also don't have the wind or the drop from the fairway to the green listed. But they're also really good.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

And I was really into it and then Nick Faldo had to go and say something to take me out of it. "Let's talk the grip, one of the first fundamentals of this game..." And then he talks about what different grips so many different top players have!

-- Michael | My swing! 

Props to CBS for the closeups on the hands in slow motion.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 4316 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!