IGNORED

2012 PGA Championship at Kiawah Island Ocean Course Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

*Sigh* Of course he sinks the last putt...

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The only consolation i can take from Rory winning is that that hideous leprechaun is uglier than a bag of smashed asssholes...

hahaha Someone on the chat predicted you'd make a bitter comment. :-P :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Rory brings something young and fresh to golf.  I enjoyed watching him look around after he sunk his final putt to soak in the moment.  It was a great weekend for him, whatever problems he had earlier in the season he seems to have fixed.  It's hard not to like this kid.

Joe Paradiso

I have now decided that it is patently unfair for Rory to have secured help in finding his ball in that tree and that it changed the course of this tournament forever.  I am protesting this win.

Unfair I tell ya!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I have now decided that it is patently unfair for Rory to have secured help in finding his ball in that tree and that it changed the course of this tournament forever.  I am protesting this win.

Unfair I tell ya!

The trees have had it out for him since the Masters last year! The one got his wrist, this one tried to eat his ball, but he showed them.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Good on Rory for winning his second major. It looks like he's going far.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

hahaha Someone on the chat predicted you'd make a bitter comment. :-P :-D

Lol! My middle name is bitter... I know Rory is great for the game but i just cannot root for anyone but Tiger.

Colin P.

I was rooting for Tiger and Phil until this afternoon when it was pretty obvious neither was going to catch Rory unless he withdrew.  Rory has supplanted Keegan in my Top 3, I can't take Bradley's pre-shot routine any longer, especially after watching him for 18 holes on Friday as part of the marque group on PGATour.com

Originally Posted by colin007

Lol! My middle name is bitter...

I know Rory is great for the game but i just cannot root for anyone but Tiger.

Joe Paradiso

I was rooting for Tiger and Phil until this afternoon when it was pretty obvious neither was going to catch Rory unless he withdrew.  Rory has supplanted Keegan in my Top 3, I can't take Bradley's pre-shot routine any longer, especially after watching him for 18 holes on Friday as part of the marque group on PGATour.com

Is almost impossible to restrain from throwing things at your computer screen when watching Bradley in a marquee group. He was in one at The Masters and I was close to snapping my screen in half. And that's coming from a Bradley fan.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

hahaha Someone on the chat predicted you'd make a bitter comment.

Naaaailed it!

What do I win

Colin, I feel you...because I'm the same way

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by colin007

And my wife keeps piling on, she says i need to get a new favorite player..

I was thinking that I'd see the little green car in your avatar crashed into a fire hydrant with the windshield busted out.   Glad you're still with us.

Good for Rory. Nice to see a young player winning majors. I did not get to watch the final round, but it is recorded so i'll check it out later.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I thought Rory was in love, and not paying enough attention with golf. I would have never thought he would win, but so convincingly.

Winning by 8 strokes is some Tiger territory there.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Fantastic performance by Rory. However, after watching for several hours, I have to admit that this was by far the most boring major to watch this year. Give me a close match with a chance of a sudden death playoff any day. The lack of drama was painful - would anyone besides Rory and his family want to watch a replay? It's hard to get excited about watching a bunch of pros play for second place.

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

Fantastic performance by Rory. However, after watching for several hours, I have to admit that this was by far the most boring major to watch this year. Give me a close match with a chance of a sudden death playoff any day. The lack of drama was painful - would anyone besides Rory and his family want to watch a replay? It's hard to get excited about watching a bunch of pros play for second place.

I agree.  It was pretty uneventful - especially after Poulter started to fade.  Rory was rock solid though... The dude played an amazing round of golf.

It's true, and the worse he plays the more times he seems to do it per shot.  It's appears to be almost a form of yips or OCD in his ball address.  Whatever it is, it's annoying to watch for 18 holes, so I won't be watching any more marquee groups with him in it.

Originally Posted by jamo

Is almost impossible to restrain from throwing things at your computer screen when watching Bradley in a marquee group. He was in one at The Masters and I was close to snapping my screen in half. And that's coming from a Bradley fan.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!