mtnbiker5

How Many Hybrids Do You Carry?

103 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ready for this?

This is my entire bag...

-56* Wedge.  Only leaves the bag if I am in the sand.

-Cleveland Mashie Pitching Wedge.  Only come out within 40 yds of the green, mostly for chipping/pitching.

-40* X9 Extreme Hybrid (95 yds)

-34* X9 Extreme Hybrid (115 yds)

-28* X9 Extreme Hybrid (125 yds)

-22* X9 Extreme Hybrid (140 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 5 Hybrid (155 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 3 Hybrid (170 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 3 Wood (185 yds)

-Cobra Amp Driver (I can hit 220 on a good day)

-Taylormade Monza Corza Putter

Summary: 1 putter, 1 driver, 1 wood, 2 wedges, 6 hybrids

I got sick of trying to hit 6-PW consistently so I replaced those irons with a few hybrids and have been playing MUCH better and actually enjoying golf!

wow - how do you manage all those hybrids and woods in your bag ?   I assume you don't use headcovers - I'd be surprised if all those headcovers would fit in one bag.     I imagine it sounds like a decorated Christmas tree banging around behind the cart with all those hybrids banging together !!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I carry two: Adams Idea Tech #4 and #5.  The rest of the irons are Ping I-10s.  I had worked around my 'psycho' 5i for years, rationalizing longer or shorter club selections.  I can't believe I let my pride keep the 5h out of my bag for so long--it's a weapon!

wow - how do you manage all those hybrids and woods in your bag ?   I assume you don't use headcovers - I'd be surprised if all those headcovers would fit in one bag.     I imagine it sounds like a decorated Christmas tree banging around behind the cart with all those hybrids banging together !!

I put head covers on them when traveling (when bag is in the car) then take them off the short "irons" when playing.  They don't clang around much in the cart because it is only a few clubs. These clubs really saved my enjoyment of golf!

3, 4, and 5. I tee off with my hybrids when I play a long course. 

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 5:27 PM, Notto777 said:

Ready for this?

This is my entire bag...

-56* Wedge.  Only leaves the bag if I am in the sand.

-Cleveland Mashie Pitching Wedge.  Only come out within 40 yds of the green, mostly for chipping/pitching.

-40* X9 Extreme Hybrid (95 yds)

-34* X9 Extreme Hybrid (115 yds)

-28* X9 Extreme Hybrid (125 yds)

-22* X9 Extreme Hybrid (140 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 5 Hybrid (155 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 3 Hybrid (170 yds)

-Cleveland Mashie 3 Wood (185 yds)

-Cobra Amp Driver (I can hit 220 on a good day)

-Taylormade Monza Corza Putter

Summary: 1 putter, 1 driver, 1 wood, 2 wedges, 6 hybrids

I got sick of trying to hit 6-PW consistently so I replaced those irons with a few hybrids and have been playing MUCH better and actually enjoying golf!

Good for you!

If you enjoy it. Do it.

I only carry 2/3 of a hybrid. By that I mean usually it's in the bag,but sometimes it's not in the bag. I have a Cobra King F7 3-4H set to 4H loft. I like it a lot. It's great for hitting out off the junk, but sometimes I pull it out of the bag.

The top of my bag consists of 2 different 3 woods, a 4 wood, a 5 wood, the above mentioned hybrid, and a 4 iron. I carry any combination of 3 of these 6 clubs. It depends on my mood and which course I'm playing or sometimes even which ones I've left in the truck. 

An example would be there's a particular course I sometimes play which has a long uphill par 3, that for some reason I love to hit my 4 iron on. So, I will put the 4 iron in the bag for that hole when ever I play that course. 

On 1/6/2014 at 10:08 AM, rehmwa said:

I ditched my 4i and my 5w (both of which I really like hitting), with a 4h and 2h (both of which I like slightly better even).  (it was pretty easy to give up the 4i (much more consistent), but making the right decision to swap out the 5w was very hard - one of my favorite clubs....but the 2h goes the same distance and is usable in more lies.....

Got new ones this winter - same yardages, but strengthened lofts apparently.

Rogue hybrids -

3h - 220-230 yards

5h - 200-210 yards

love 'em - so easy to hit and straight.....still bracketed by my 3w and 5i....

three hybrids, 19,22,28.  I may want to fill the gap between the 22 and 28, but also thinking about getting a used 5 iron . (see sig line). When I got a new set of semi-custom irons from Tour Edge, I ordered 6-PW to save a few bucks. 

Since my last post on this thread which was in June 2018 I have switched big time. I like hitting hybrids a lot, I hit them well, so I purchased a set of Cleveland HB Launchers 4i through gap. All of these irons are based on a hybrid design and I really like them. 4i is 22*, gap is 50* (if I remember correctly).