Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

Hunter Mahan carrying his clubs in New York's Penn Station?

24 posts in this topic

You think this is him? The bag is right as is the goatee. I thought he was taller. Yea or nay?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Can't see his headcovers - and they're rare to see - Iliac

But it looks like him.

Remember, cameras make people look shorter and fatter ....

where is the caddy when he needs him?

Looks like him. I met him a few months ago as the company I used to work with is one of his sponsors. He's really not that tall.

Looks like him. I met him a few months ago as the company I used to work with is one of his sponsors. He's really not that tall.

Wikipedia lists him at 5"11'. He's probably hunched over a bit with the bag and suitcase.

Originally Posted by jamo

Wikipedia lists him at 5"11'. He's probably hunched over a bit with the bag and suitcase.

The bag makes him look short - at least for me.

It is Mahan. As a local, I can tell you that Bethpage to NY Penn Station to Union Station DC is one of the saner, no sitting in traffic ways to get to DC. None of the hassle of airport security. No stewing in a car. I wonder how many people recognized him? Big +1 from me in the common sense department.

First you posted a blurry picture of him running through the station.  (Hopefully stopping off at Dunkin for a coffee - I hate that we don't have Dunkins out here)  Then a pretty clear picture standing right behind him.  Then another clear picture from the seat behind him on the train.  Are you stalking him??

Also ... is it just me or does he have, like, 4 putters in that bag?  It's weird that he doesn't have a protective travel case.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

First you posted a blurry picture of him running through the station.  (Hopefully stopping off at Dunkin for a coffee - I hate that we don't have Dunkins out here)  Then a pretty clear picture standing right behind him.  Then another clear picture from the seat behind him on the train.  Are you stalking him??

Also ... is it just me or does he have, like, 4 putters in that bag?  It's weird that he doesn't have a protective travel case.

I'm Twitter stalking him.

These are photos from what looks to be his girlfriend's/wife's Twitter account.

My interest was piqued by someone who could easily have taken a plane, the nobrainer decision because he isn't price sensitive, but opted to take a cheaper, in this case, more efficient route, more environmentally friendly option.

And I schlep my clubs in Penn Station frequently, so I can actually relate to his experience, although my carry bag is much much lighter.

Us urban golfers, we're different.

Originally Posted by nevets88

I'm Twitter stalking him.

These are photos from what looks to be his girlfriend's/wife's Twitter account.

My interest was piqued by someone who could easily have taken a plane, the nobrainer decision because he isn't price sensitive, but opted to take a cheaper, in this case, more efficient route, more environmentally friendly option.

And I schlep my clubs in Penn Station frequently, so I can actually relate to his experience, although my carry bag is much much lighter.

Us urban golfers, we're different.

Oh OK ... I thought you were just following him around with your camera. This makes a lot more sense.

I commend him as well.  It would have been very easy to fly and avoid Manhattan altogether, so maybe he is making a conscious decision to be green.

I frequent Penn Station as well (not "frequent" like you, but each time we visit NY)  but not with golf clubs. My wife's family (originally from East Meadow) moved out here a few years ago, so now our NY trips are limited to mostly cold, and busy Thanksgiving time.

Originally Posted by jamo

Being 6'3" a lot of people don't seem that tall to me I guess.

All i can say is 'Good god, what dorky short trousers'!

Looks like him alright.  His name should be on the bag usually at the top around the rim right on the front.

Question while I'm here... How can I add the "What's in my bag" section to my signature?

Originally Posted by SpiderWebbs

Looks like him alright.  His name should be on the bag usually at the top around the rim right on the front.

Question while I'm here... How can I add the "What's in my bag" section to my signature?

I don't know.  I just edited my signature and typed it all in there manually.  (The logos are on the "smiley" toolbar)

They should make those bags with some rollerblade wheels in the bottom and a telescoping handle....boom, rolling luggage. Probably wouldn't help in this case, two things rolling is impossible.