IGNORED

Numbers Thread

iacas

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
    • We are entitled to nothing from Tiger and that is what we will get. Tiger's branding is strong and a non-statement is probably his best strategy.  As taxpayers, we are entitled to whatever accident reports and investigations were done by the public agency under the public records laws of California.   
    • Like this? Again, will this be a comedy or drama?
    • LIBERTY CORNER, N.J. and ST. ANDREWS, Scotland (Dec. 1, 2021) – Golf’s governing bodies have made available a Model Local Rule (MLR) to further limit the use of Green-Reading Materials.  MLR G-11 enables a committee to limit players to using only the yardage book that it has approved for use in the competition.  This local rule is intended only for the highest levels of competitive golf and, even then, only for competitions where it is realistic for the committee to undertake an approval process for yardage books. It will be available starting January 1, 2022. The local rule gives a committee the ability to establish an officially approved yardage book for a competition so that the diagrams of putting greens show only minimal detail (such as significant slopes, tiers or false edges that indicate sections of greens). In addition, the local rule limits the handwritten notes that players and caddies are allowed to add to the approved yardage book.  The purpose behind the local rule is to ensure that players and caddies use only their eyes and feel to help them read the line of play on the putting green.  The USGA and The R&A developed MLR G-11 in response to feedback from several professional tours. The MLR, along with question-and-answer guidance, can be found here. As the local rule should only be adopted at the highest levels of competitive golf, all other golfers will continue to be able to use green-reading tools so long as they meet the requirements established in 2019. For more information on the current rule, see usga.org/grm.
    • Completely agreed.  I chose #1.  I think your first point is the extent of it, if that.  As you alluded to, the journalist asking their questions as part of their jobs is independent/irrelevant of the general public's being "entitled to know" as the OP asks.
    • Actually I see 2 possibilities, you could fit in a U500 3iron (or a hybrid as a specialty club) and bend the 2iron a degree to 16* to get a little more out of it. I think getting 260 out of your driving iron would be ideal as that probably gets you around the course just fine when you don't need to really bomb it. Or just leave it alone and add a 275 3 wood.  I wouldn't go 5 wedges personally, as you can tweak what you have if needed.   I think if you play 13 for a while, the answer will come to you. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BookBoy
      BookBoy
      (51 years old)
    2. DrakeyDistiller
      DrakeyDistiller
      (59 years old)
    3. Fraser
      Fraser
      (38 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...