IGNORED

Which golf balls do you use?

Note: This thread is 3451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would think so......as a high handicapper you must be spending a LOT more on balls these days.   :-D

Lmao, stole the words right outta my mouth.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I currently am playing the proV1x and am looking into playing a different ball with less spin. i have way to much spin off my 9 iron- 60 wedge. like 10-15 feet spin back. sooooo if anyone knows a good ball with a little less spin feel free to let me know

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

I don't spin the ball enough to benefit from a premium ball - on the greens I'm a rollout player, not a checker.    To me, visibility in flight is far more important than spin.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry, this may be a tad OT. When I use to play 10 yrs ago or so, I always played with titliest DT wound balls. no that I'm back to leaning how to play again, and being 65 yrs my vision isn't well enough to see white, so I'm looking for suggestions re: a yeller ball that would play similar to the old DT wound balls. Thanks

OP sorry for the OT.

Srixon Qstar optic yellow usually $24.99 dozen

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Srixon Qstar optic yellow usually $24.99 dozen

Thanks flopster...even though it took awhile..lol

Have you ever played the NXT's..?

Thanks flopster...even though it took awhile..lol

Have you ever played the NXT's..?

Yes, good ball also, basically the same type as the Qstar and comes optic as well but I think they are a little bit more money but they do produce a little more spin and feel.

• Upvote 1

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

I was given some Srixon Z Stars by GolfNow the other week (guess who's sponsored by Srixon.....) and have tried them out for 2 rounds now.

So far, I'd call them a very good premium ball.  Bright white is a little easier to see off the driver.  Nice and spinny on pitches, and soft, though not quite as soft as my normal ProV1 on chips and putts.  Distance is very similar to the ProV1.  My only......I don't even know that it's a complaint, just an observation..... is that they feel a bit heavy coming off the driver or other full shot.  Not sure what that means.....just a different feel.  As an added benefit, I've played 36 holes with the same ball now (no, sadly that doesn't happen all that often) and it still looks brand new. The damn things are TOUGH.

I don't think I'll be changing balls, but I'm certainly not afraid to play out the entire box of Z Stars.  If anyone's looking for a good premium ball, that's one that should certainly be in the mix of balls to try.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I was given some Srixon Z Stars by GolfNow the other week (guess who's sponsored by Srixon.....) and have tried them out for 2 rounds now.

So far, I'd call them a very good premium ball.  Bright white is a little easier to see off the driver.  Nice and spinny on pitches, and soft, though not quite as soft as my normal ProV1 on chips and putts.  Distance is very similar to the ProV1.  My only......I don't even know that it's a complaint, just an observation..... is that they feel a bit heavy coming off the driver or other full shot.  Not sure what that means.....just a different feel.  As an added benefit, I've played 36 holes with the same ball now (no, sadly that doesn't happen all that often) and it still looks brand new.  The damn things are TOUGH.

I don't think I'll be changing balls, but I'm certainly not afraid to play out the entire box of Z Stars.  If anyone's looking for a good premium ball, that's one that should certainly be in the mix of balls to try.

I use the Zstars optics, and yes they are a very durable ball I have put in 2+ rounds on one ball more than once and in fact have to remember to put some sort of mark on the darn things once they get played that long, though I would dare say they probably are just fine. One of the best things about this particular ball is they go on sale quite often and you can get a dozen for right at $30.00 or they also do buy 2 and get 1 free at the $45.00 price. Just curious what model ball did Graeme use if you had the chance to see? I would guess the XV, they say it's very similar to the PROV1X.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

I use the Zstars optics, and yes they are a very durable ball I have put in 2+ rounds on one ball more than once and in fact have to remember to put some sort of mark on the darn things once they get played that long, though I would dare say they probably are just fine. One of the best things about this particular ball is they go on sale quite often and you can get a dozen for right at $30.00 or they also do buy 2 and get 1 free at the $45.00 price. Just curious what model ball did Graeme use if you had the chance to see? I would guess the XV, they say it's very similar to the PROV1X.

His was the XV.  Always number 00.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

License to kill eh? Bitchin'!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yep, that's what I figured.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

just played a round with the bridgestone E5 and it is a great ball. it does have a lot of spin, very similar to the ProV1x that i just took out of my bag. these golf balls are almost half the price of premium balls and perform just as good. i did not scuff a ball all round and i can not say the same for the ProV1x or the Callaway HEX Black Tour. those golf balls scuff very easy and achieve the same as the E5. i think everyone should play this ball if they are looking for a cheaper golf ball with great performance

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

Tried a sleeve of the TaylorMade Lethal on the recommenation of a friend who has been playing great. I really liked the ball; minimum spin off the tee, and I like the way it reacts when I chip. Now I find that they are changing the ball very soon, even the name. At least that's what a guy on our Pro staff told me.

Makes sense, I saw that Dick's and Rockbottom have been selling the Lethals as low as $35/doz.  Starting to look like last year when the TP5's and 3's starting getting discounted ahead of the Lethal's debut.  I liked the Lethal too, going to have to watch where the price goes, the TP's got into the $20-$25/doz. range last spring, not bad for a premium ball.

Driver: R7 425,  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

As a golfer on a budget, I've never played PV1s or PV1xs. I'm a UT Vol fan and was given some orange Be6s as a gift...my favorite ball, but the price tag is still a bit steep for me. Lately, I've play three different budget balls to see if any compare to the Be6s (Noodle L&S;, Wilson 50 Elite and TF Gamer V2). All three are great balls for the price. The Noodle is a good all around ball; the Wilson is great for feel around the greens and distance off the tee for lower swing speeds; the Gamer plays very similar to the Noodle to me, so I can't say one is better than the other. My wife bought me a box of orange Wilson 50 Elites for Christmas, so that's what I'll be playing. I try to keep things in perspective; if I was playing a PV1/PV1x and Zach Johnson (one of the shorter hitters on tour) was playing a TFD2, he would likely still out hit me by a mile. Until companies start sending me free balls through sponsorship, I'm going to play what allows me to shoot a good score rather than what allows tour players to go low. I'm not discrediting the big name balls, I'm just saying a "good" ball and solid swing will likely yield the better result than the perfect ball. I'm no pro, so that's just my two cents.

Forget those top of the line $45/12 golf balls, I just end up losing them, even with a 13 hc. I play the Top Flite Gamer, and Gamer Tour . At $14/12 new, and $7 like new used, they are everything that I need. Long, straight, and still work on the greens. If I hit one in the woods, oh well, it's only $1.oo as opposed to $3.50/ball. If I want to use a Pro V1, i'll use the new one I find in the woods.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Note: This thread is 3451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!