IGNORED

what is your go to shot from 100 yards in the fairway?

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 2894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by rehmwa

Great recovery.

You should play with grown ups.  12 year olds are really petty.

12 year olds don't play verifiable skins.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice smooth 52* GW.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

A 50* GW, choked down about a half inch to shave off a few yards.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Depends on where the pin is.

I can hit my 56 deg SW about that length but it has a good deal of spin on it with the Pro-Vs I use. I'd probably go with a 3/4 52 deg GW as well.

• 6 months later...
Originally Posted by Lihu

3/4 swing 9 iron laying up to roll onto the green. Sometimes a half 8. I can't make a perfect full swing with my PW like the single digit handicappers.

Make that a full swing on my TM RAC 52 degree wedge. This is, now, my most comfortable club for anything near the green.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Easy 3/4 PW - locks in at 96 yards every time.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I don't have a go-to shot from 100 yards, which is a large part of the reason I suck.  I believe I had 3-4 wedges in my hand this past weekend at around 90-110 yards with a wide open flag and I only made worse than par twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskzoo

Easy 3/4 PW - locks in at 96 yards every time.

Sure it does.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I don't have a go-to shot from 100 yards, which is a large part of the reason I suck.  I believe I had 3-4 wedges in my hand this past weekend at around 90-110 yards with a wide open flag and I only made worse than par twice.

We need to work on this for the next 4 days then!!!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Sure it does.

Seriously.  I don't even have a "locked in" full swing of any club to the nearest yard, let alone a 3/4 swing.

Probably my worst distance right now. I'm accumulating some mental scars lately from missing that shot too many times. Just for fun after our regular Saturday game we play an extra hole from 100 yards to the island green for a few bucks. Lots of balls in the water weekly (including a lot of mine). The foursome in front of us all hit the ball in the water last week.

I don't carry a club for that shot so if I'm playing pretty well I take a little off of a sand wedge and if I'm not playing very well I'm a little better at taking even more off of a pitching wedge and hope it holds the green.

(Then cross my fingers and hope for the best).

Last year those little shots were my strong point but this year my luck on them has vanished (so far). Of course last year I practiced that shot a lot out in the yard and this year I haven't. Maybe practicing actually does help. Ha ha!

Note: This thread is 2894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!