IGNORED

Name on the bag?

Note:Β This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1. 1. If you have the option, would you have your name put on your golf bag?

• Yes, I like having my name on my bag.
    • No, unless you're a pro, it's just silly
    • I don't care

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

It's your bag.

Do what you like and forget judgmental individuals.

I wouldn't do it on a staff bag. To me, that's pretentious. I don't carry a staff bag for the same reason. Someone gave me one and it stays in the bedroom, holding clubs. That's just me. If someone wants to bring one out to play, and I see them, it's fine. I don't look at other players on the range. On a carry bag, I put my name on it to prevent stealing. I also use a non-OEM bag. It's a factor - an anonymous, OEM branded bag is more likely to be stolen. It screams, "look at me! or "steal me."

Good point.Β  I hadn't thought of the theft angle yet.Β  (I like to imagine that sort of thing doesn't occur, but of course, that's just in my dream world)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradox

if you are worried what people might think and you want your name on there to say "thats my bag" maybe a high quality bag tag?

Wouldn't that just say "that's my bag tag?"Β  (From the theft perspective, I mean)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't but I wouldn't care if someone else did. Though doubt I'd ever be close enough to someone's bag to see something like that. The only time I notice what brand of clubs someone is playing is if the head covers are obvious or if it's something like theΒ whiteΒ VW Beetle sized TM drivers. Well with one exception, got paired up with a guy sporting persimmon this year. As soon as I heard it I noticed. Mostly because I am distracted by the odd swing and putting contortions I see.

Dave :-)

Dont care.Β  If you want it, go for it but dont not do it just because people might mock you.Β  Who cares what people think.Β  People are haters and if I had my name on my bag and someone tried to mock me for it, Id just laugh at them and call them an idiot because thats what they are.

Whats in my :sunmountain:Β C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

Dont care.Β  If you want it, go for it but dont not do it just because people might mock you.Β  Who cares what people think.Β  People are haters and if I had my name on my bag and someone tried to mock me for it, Id just laugh at them and call them an idiot because thats what they are.

Well, at least i would have to open my mouth for people to realize that im a idiot, but as soon as i seeΒ a golferΒ with a name onΒ theirΒ bag- hittingΒ a slicingΒ 200yrd drive-Β everyoneΒ can tellΒ your a complete loser.

Originally Posted by shooter

Well, at least i would have to open my mouth for people to realize that im a idiot, but as soon as i seeΒ a golferΒ with a name onΒ theirΒ bag- hittingΒ a slicingΒ 200yrd drive-Β everyoneΒ can tellΒ your a complete loser.

***you're (wouldnt correct the spelling if it wasnt deserved)

it's judgmental people like you that give the game a bad name. We all spend enough on this game that we should enjoy ourselves.

I go out with my loudmouth shorts, yellow golf balls that say I am the golf god and am one of the few higher handicappers that plays in all of our club tourneys. I have not once been mocked for my attire (other than being horassed when I dont wear it)

I play at a private club - for all the hate i see against private club people, it seems it is the public player that wants to label everyone else. I've only been playing for 5 years (4 of those at a private club) and can say that I have only been paired up with a jerk once.

• Upvote 2

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Totally different mentality at private clubs.Β  At private clubs you're part of an organization where everyone is payingΒ hard earned money to share their passion for the game of golf.Β  I've never met a jerk at my club nor seen anyone mocked for their gear or clothes (as long as it conformed to the clubs rules).

I don't wear RIckie Fowler colors, white belts or have my name on my bagΒ because I fearΒ being mocked, I just preferΒ to blend in, especially given my handicap.

Originally Posted by meenman

it's judgmental people like you that give the game a bad name. We all spend enough on this game that we should enjoy ourselves.

I go out with my loudmouth shorts, yellow golf balls that say I am the golf god and am one of the few higher handicappers that plays in all of our club tourneys. I have not once been mocked for my attire (other than being horassed when I dont wear it)

I play at a private club - for all the hate i see against private club people, it seems it is the public player that wants to label everyone else. I've only been playing for 5 years (4 of those at a private club) and can say that I have only been paired up with a jerk once.

Joe Paradiso

I bought a mid-size staff bag and had my name embroidered in the belly panel. If anyone does decide to get your name on your bag, shop around before you settle on a place to get your name stitched in it. Some places have limited capabilities, and can't utilize the full size of the panels because of the embroidery rings they use, or have a limited number of fonts to choose from, ect. Get what you want so you don't have to buy a new panel.

• Administrator

I have my name on my bag. Actually, wait, I don't use that bag. It sits in my office and is filled with putters I don't use anymore.

But when our 5SK bags come in, then I'll have a bag with my name on it! :)

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by meenman

Thx for correcting me spelling

Im not bashing people for wanting to put a name on their bag. I justΒ dont understand it. I guess im a traditionalist, and all that matters to me is what score i write down at the end of the day.

Where I play quite a few folks have their names on their bags. Two reasons are often cited. 1). No one is really interested in stealing a bag that is personalized. 2). A lot of folks are only there for the season. It makes it easier for folks you are meeting for the first time to remember your name. Of course, if go the full staff bag route, you had better be a pretty good player :) β›³

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

Originally Posted by shooter

I guess im a traditionalist, and all that matters to me is what score i write down at the end of the day.

Having your name on your bag inhibits you from doing that how?

I wouldn't presume to tell anyone else what to do nor to judge them for what they do in this regard.Β Β  But if I had my name on my bag I'd feel compelled to mock myself.Β  LOL

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I have friends who have their name on their bag and they are not good golfers. Β They are nice people and no one seems to care either way that their name is on the bag. Β If you want it, they get it. Β It is not pretentious in my opinion and it does make it easy to ID your bag and tougher to steal.

If my wife wanted to get me a nice bag with my name on it, I would be happy to get it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

IMHO, anyone who chooses to belittle someone over their attire (as long as it meets whatever the dress code of the course/club they are playing that day), what clubs they play or what bag they put them in, is acting as immature as a 10-year old.Β  I have no patience for people like that.

If you want your name on your bag, then put it on there.Β  NO ONE has the right to belittle you for it, regardless of the state of your game.

• Upvote 1

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I'm 6'5" and 295 lbs, so I don't care too much about being mocked. I was more curious as to what the general opinion is of people like that. I haven't decided if I'm going to do it or not. I'm not one who goes out and gets all the latest and greatest gear just because I want to look cool and think it will make me better. I've had my current irons about 10 years (Cleveland TA-5), and they're too short for me. I just ordered my new fitted irons (Callaway RAZR X Black) and wanted to get a bag to match. I'm going to shoot what I shoot and understand what I'm wearing and what kind of bag I have doesn't influence that at all. I appreciate every one's input!

Note:Β This thread is 4109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!