IGNORED

Tiger and Lindsey Vonn are Dating

ace3g
Note: This thread is 4048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is old news, I posted that Tiger and Vonn were hooking up in January.  :-)

No one likes a show off! Maybe they announced it now to get the media storm out of the way before the Masters. Good for Tiger though, it certainly has his game in check.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Tiger is working that angle too. (Joke)

Haha...Elin must be really stupid she she would have fallen for that again

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Why put it on Facebook, but in the same post ask for people to respect your privacy? Thats their business but in my humble opinion no need for a grand "were dating" accouncement. I wonder if she's gonna join him at the Masters? I hope this dosen't turn into a circus. Get another Major first son!

Why would it be a circus? Good for Tiger I say.

Originally Posted by MSchott

It's strange to see Tiger being so open about this. He's super private but is probably just feeding the press what they want. In a way I think these photo's are almost tongue-in-cheek, telling the press to go screw themselves. They are so posed and plastic that they are the antithesis of a paparazzi shot.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  The guy can't win....

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Well things have changed for Tiger now in so many ways. Since all the world knows his relationship history now, including his new girlfriend, the entire basis of the relationship has to be different than before. More honest, obviously, and just more open altogether. I've been a critic of Tiger's in the past re: all the women but this has to feel good for the guy. I wish them all the best and yes, they do deserve some privacy. Tiger ought to write a book about his personal maturation process, it would be a compelling read. He's bright enough to do a god job of it, with a good co-author of course. It would sell millions.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Originally Posted by rehmwa

that's a pretty good appeal right there, IMHO

athletic women are great

Yeah I think back to my days of running Track and some of those women..............GOODNESS!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Why would it be a circus? Good for Tiger I say.

Maybe an athlete with her own success and fame is just who he needs. Hopefully she wont be chasing TMZ loking for her 15 mins of fame if things go South between them. So yeah my circus comment didnt make any sense in this case..................hopefully

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by mchepp

Not so sure, they always say the best way to make someone jealous is to go out with someone else. Maybe Tiger is trying with these awkward posed photos to make Elin jealous.

Maybe Elin is trying to make Tiger jealous by dating someone with more money. Or maybe she's just a gold digger.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't see anything awkward about the photos other than they appear to be professionally shot specifically for the announcement rather than the usual scoop, paparazzi crap. Even though it's been known for a while it's smart if you ask me, to make it known officially on their own terms. Look at how the media is handling it, pretty big deal for them. Imagine how they'd be salivating if they managed to catch them before anyone knew with some beach photos or something like that. Now Tiger doesn't have to evade awkward questions at his next Q&A.;

Dave :-)

This is kinda awkward, though.

http://www.eonline.com/news/399039/tiger-woods-and-elin-nordegren-attend-daughter-sam-s-soccer-game-lindsey-vonn-waits-in-the-car

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awkward only that E thinks someone cares about stuff like this. Who needs to know this much about any celeb? Makes sense that someone like LV would avoid it. Doesn't it?

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Stretch

This is kinda awkward, though.

http://www.eonline.com/news/399039/tiger-woods-and-elin-nordegren-attend-daughter-sam-s-soccer-game-lindsey-vonn-waits-in-the-car

Exactly, have you ever watched 5 year olds play soccer? They look like little bees all trying to sting the ball traveling in a swarm. Who stakes out 5 year old soccer games? E does, wow.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Why put it on Facebook, but in the same post ask for people to respect your privacy? Thats their business but in my humble opinion no need for a grand "were dating" accouncement.

Originally Posted by jamo

Give an inch in the hopes that they'll be satisfied with that inch and not stalk you for a mile?

By preemptively putting out the press release, you have more control of the message. Eventually it will come out. Might as well get it over with and move on. The timing is good. Gives Woods some buffer before the Masters starts. And FB is easy - just a couple of photos and clicks, no press event, no dealing with reporters.

Also noticed they released it yesterday, as opposed to the Friday night trash, so the press can satiate its over exposure get lots of eyeballs lust and let everyone chew on it, like we are now - nom nom nom nom nom....

I know nothing about PR, just what I read in the papers and watch on TV.

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

What isn't being discussed is that if/when they eventually break up, they will have to announce that too.  Having a high-profile significant other when you are already high-profile, means that people will assume all of your relationship is available for public consumption.  Relationship hitting a rocky path?  Media members will speculate on it.  And don't start performing poorly, because they will question whether the relationship is affecting your play.  Just look at Rory's situation from a couple weeks ago.

I don't envy these celebrity couples.

• Upvote 2

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!