IGNORED

Least Favorite Player

clutchshot
Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Random questions for everybody: The people you put on this list ... do you actively root AGAINST them when you are watching golf? Or is it more like just an indifference towards them? All this talk about Sergio being hated, and the more I think about it, I would loooooooove to see him win next week.  That would be epic! Or the guys who don't like Rickie because he has a mustache or orange clothes ... does it bother you when he wins?  Or are you really simply saying that you wished he shaved and wore normal clothes, and nothing more?

Only Phil. Maybe it's schadenfreude or maybe Phil is just that much of an insufferable ass, but seeing FIGJAM poking through the bushes looking for a ball seriously makes me happy.

• Upvote 1

Random questions for everybody: The people you put on this list ... do you actively root AGAINST them when you are watching golf? Or is it more like just an indifference towards them? All this talk about Sergio being hated, and the more I think about it, I would loooooooove to see him win next week.  That would be epic! Or the guys who don't like Rickie because he has a mustache or orange clothes ... does it bother you when he wins?  Or are you really simply saying that you wished he shaved and wore normal clothes, and nothing more?

I actively root against fowler when he is playing. Not only does he annoy me, so do his fans. I dont have to get too bothered if he wins - if it has happened, it hasnt happened much.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Random questions for everybody:

The people you put on this list ... do you actively root AGAINST them when you are watching golf?

Or is it more like just an indifference towards them?

All this talk about Sergio being hated, and the more I think about it, I would loooooooove to see him win next week.  That would be epic!

Or the guys who don't like Rickie because he has a mustache or orange clothes ... does it bother you when he wins?  Or are you really simply saying that you wished he shaved and wore normal clothes, and nothing more?

I actively root against fowler when he is playing. Not only does he annoy me, so do his fans.

I dont have to get too bothered if he wins - if it has happened, it hasnt happened much.

I played behind a "Fowler" dressed 12-13 year old this weekend. He was a small kid maybe he was older but his mom dropped him off. Fowler is a positive good kid. I don't know why you would be a hater. He is not my fav but he doesn't do anything to warrant the hate. Maybe you just hate the flat brimmers.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

My least favorite (by a longshot) is Tiger Woods.  I don't feel a need to justify my opinion (because it's just an opinion), nor do I expect to change anybody else's mind or expect anybody/everybody to agree with me.  And yes, I actively root against him when he's playing.  Just don't like him, period.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

My least favorite (by a longshot) is Tiger Woods.  I don't feel a need to justify my opinion (because it's just an opinion), nor do I expect to change anybody else's mind or expect anybody/everybody to agree with me.  And yes, I actively root against him when he's playing.  Just don't like him, period.

You don't feel the need to justify your opinion? What's that mean? You don't have any grounds to carry that opinion?

[quote name="Mac62" url="/t/65690/least-favorite-player/150#post_828583"]My least favorite (by a longshot) is Tiger Woods.  I don't feel a need to justify my opinion (because it's just an opinion), nor do I expect to change anybody else's mind or expect anybody/everybody to agree with me.  And yes, I actively root against him when he's playing.  Just don't like him, period.

You don't feel the need to justify your opinion? What's that mean? You don't have any grounds to carry that opinion?[/quote] Basically he didn't want to explain why he hates Tiger.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Quote:

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac62

You don't feel the need to justify your opinion? What's that mean? You don't have any grounds to carry that opinion?

Basically he didn't want to explain why he hates Tiger.

Probably because like most of the reasons we have posted in this thread, it just sounds like he's whining.  You have to admit that most of the reasons for disliking certain players are rather petty - my own included.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Sometimes confidence is taken as arrogance and I think a lot of Pros are disliked for that.

I've read several articles or tips written by Jack Nicklaus that I've thought 'Amazing how every subject turns into memory lane where he has to recall winning something. What a _____' but then I temper that thought with 'hell yeah, he's confident. He's the Greatest Of All Time'. Definitely my favorite of all time.

That being said, there are some douchebags out there on tour I'm sure. Some have such a sense of entitlement that you wonder how they can swing with a silver spoon jammed in their ass.

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Quote:

Sure I have grounds for it - but they're subjective (just like any opinion) and I don't care to pontificate or debate about it.  I'm not going to change anybody else's mind and nobody is going to change mine, so I don't see the point.  It's no different than somebody saying they can't stand broccoli when it's one of my favorite vegetables....it doesn't matter why they don't like it and nothing I say about how delicious and nutritious broccoli is will change their mind.  They just don't like it, so who am I to criticize them or argue about it?

I'll also add that my dislike is based solely upon my perception of his public persona, not close personal knowledge (just like the vast majority of other opinions in this thread) - I've never met him in person and he may actually be a really cool dude.  Maybe if I actually sat down and had a few beers with him we'd be best buds.

Mac

WITB:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

....You have to admit that most of the reasons for disliking certain players are rather petty - my own included.

Yep - acknowledged.  My basis is definitely petty and based upon generalities - it's not like he slept with my wife or something tangible like that.

In either case, I doubt TW loses any sleep over what I (or anybody else) thinks about him - he's unarguably one of the most successful golfers in the history of the sport, a billionaire several times over and has been romantically involved with some very beautiful women.  I doubt it would bother him one bit to hear that I'm not a fan.

Mac

WITB:

Sure I have grounds for it - but they're subjective (just like any opinion) and I don't care to pontificate or debate about it.  I'm not going to change anybody else's mind and nobody is going to change mine, so I don't see the point.  It's no different than somebody saying they can't stand broccoli when it's one of my favorite vegetables....it doesn't matter why they don't like it and nothing I say about how delicious and nutritious broccoli is will change their mind.  They just don't like it, so who am I to criticize them or argue about it?

I'll also add that my dislike is based solely upon my perception of his public persona, not close personal knowledge (just like the vast majority of other opinions in this thread) - I've never met him in person and he may actually be a really cool dude.  Maybe if I actually sat down and had a few beers with him we'd be best buds.

Sounds fair to me.

I couldn't stand to watch Jim Colbert in the 70's the way he strutted around, put his arm around other golfers, grinned everytime the camera was on him, wore is collar up and had the sailor cap.

He struck me as an aloof boor. Maybe if I had beers with him I might think different also.

David Simms ( Don Johnson - Tin Cup) - Thats how i picture alot of tour pros behind the camera's.

My least favorite has to be Sergio - He just whines too much after he ends up losing. Whining about conditions at Augusta when no one else did. Whining about not calling play because of rain at the 2002 U.S open then saying "If tiger woods would have been out there, it would have been called". 2007 British open blaming the golfing gods for his putts liping out "I'm playing against alot of guys out there, more than the field".  Waaaa - take a little responsibility for your own play.

I just hate whining about that stuff when everyone else played the same conditions.

Gotta be Bomberman

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Webb Simpson annoys me to no end. I can't stand Poulter after having seen him in person and in interviews. Just arrogant and self absorbed.

I like Jim Furyk, but can't stand watching his swing, lol.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• 4 months later...
Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!